Basic Your Best Buy

Very Difficult Interview

Computer Sales Representative Interview

Computer Sales Representative
Arden, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in May 2013.

Interview Details – Arrived at location at Best Buy in Arden. Person interviewing was desperate for positions and he was not happy at all. Best Buy should consider having someone more humble instead of arrogant and unenthusiastic. He had printed out my application and I had to initial and sign a document again like I had previously done online in the application. He asked me repetitive questions that was already in the application. I'm not sure where he received questions from but they were irrelevant to the interview and most used "employer" even though I was NEVER employed as stated in the application. This job interviewer was the worst, seeing that he did not properly shake my hand nor did he contain any manners and respect. After answering all the questions that he directly read from his papers he wrote down very little. He told me that he could not hire because he was "looking for someone in cell phone sales" and that he would call back in three days if they were interested. This was dishonesty from that location seeing that they basically lied to me; I don't work with dishonesty. I called back to make sure it wasn't a mistake and the recruiter plainly stated that I didn't get the job. I'm exceedingly glad that I didn't get this job because dishonesty soon turns into stealing and using Social Security numbers illegally. I told them to terminate my application due to this issue. I wouldn't want to swindle and lie to people from a place that sales overpriced items. Do not apply to Best Buy in Arden.

Interview Question – Everything was irrelevant and related to "...Tell me a time when your employer..."   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called two days later and given a quick ten minute phone interview. I was called back 30 minutes later and asked to come in 2 days later. I was interviewed by two managers from different departments and was asked scenario questions. It was a really relaxed interview and I was called later that day for an interview with thegeneral manager. He asked me a total of 6 questions. They took a while to get back to me so I called and then they told me to come in and drug test again it took like a week to hear back and after almost a month I was hired on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to sell an idea to a friend coworker or family member.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Geek Squad Interview

Geek Squad

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy.

Interview Details – Easy 2 step interview process

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy

Interview Details – common questions asked about sales backround, product knowledge, and availability

Interview Question – all questions were fair and some what expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in March 2012.

Interview Details – cool laid back

Interview Question – why do you wanna work here   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in September 2010.

Interview Details – i applies online and within 48 hours i got a call to set up a interview with a supervisor or whatever the interview took less than five minutes after the interview was over i sat outside the office so i can get my second interview with the gm he was busy so i had my 2nd interview with gm a week later ...

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – what they really look for in a employee is great customer service , so when you have a chance say that you like working around people you have excellent customer service trust and be enthusiastic show that you really want to work at best buy ...and dress business casual the gm told me i was dressed nice to the interview ...and just be yourself dont be nervous!!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Basic Your Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Basic Your Best Buy interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Basic Your Best Buy employees and interview candidates.