Basic Your Best Buy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Basic Your Best Buy

Computer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in May 2013.

Arrived at location at Best Buy in Arden. Person interviewing was desperate for positions and he was not happy at all. Best Buy should consider having someone more humble instead of arrogant and unenthusiastic. He had printed out my application and I had to initial and sign a document again like I had previously done online in the application. He asked me repetitive questions that was already in the application. I'm not sure where he received questions from but they were irrelevant to the interview and most used "employer" even though I was NEVER employed as stated in the application. This job interviewer was the worst, seeing that he did not properly shake my hand nor did he contain any manners and respect. After answering all the questions that he directly read from his papers he wrote down very little. He told me that he could not hire because he was "looking for someone in cell phone sales" and that he would call back in three days if they were interested. This was dishonesty from that location seeing that they basically lied to me; I don't work with dishonesty. I called back to make sure it wasn't a mistake and the recruiter plainly stated that I didn't get the job. I'm exceedingly glad that I didn't get this job because dishonesty soon turns into stealing and using Social Security numbers illegally. I told them to terminate my application due to this issue. I wouldn't want to swindle and lie to people from a place that sales overpriced items. Do not apply to Best Buy in Arden.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was irrelevant and related to "...Tell me a time when your employer..."   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in January 2010.

I applied online and was called two days later and given a quick ten minute phone interview. I was called back 30 minutes later and asked to come in 2 days later. I was interviewed by two managers from different departments and was asked scenario questions. It was a really relaxed interview and I was called later that day for an interview with thegeneral manager. He asked me a total of 6 questions. They took a while to get back to me so I called and then they told me to come in and drug test again it took like a week to hear back and after almost a month I was hired on.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to sell an idea to a friend coworker or family member.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Geek Squad Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Basic Your Best Buy.

Easy 2 step interview process

Sales Associate Interview

common questions asked about sales backround, product knowledge, and availability

there wasn't one

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in March 2012.

cool laid back

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Basic Your Best Buy in September 2010.

i applies online and within 48 hours i got a call to set up a interview with a supervisor or whatever the interview took less than five minutes after the interview was over i sat outside the office so i can get my second interview with the gm he was busy so i had my 2nd interview with gm a week later ...

Interview Questions
    what they really look for in a employee is great customer service , so when you have a chance say that you like working around people you have excellent customer service trust and be enthusiastic show that you really want to work at best buy ...and dress business casual the gm told me i was dressed nice to the interview ...and just be yourself dont be nervous!!