Basler Electric Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Market Segment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Basler Electric in June 2015.

Interview

In a word, odd. I applied through a recruiter and the process took around a month, start to end. Had a total of 4 phone interviews, counting the recruiter pre-screen. After each interview, I wasn't sure how I did, it always seemed like I did well, but they don't show their hands at all. After final phone interview, they invited me to Highland for a final interview. Did a 20 minute technical presentation, one that I hadn't done in probably 2+years. Thought I did well on that. After that, I was interviewed by several different people, going over positional fit, company ideology etc. Each manager had a different idea of what qualifications would make a good fit for the job. Originally had time scheduled with one interviewer, but he evidently didn't feel that my time was worth his. Went to lunch with the person who would be my direct report, he then showed me around town, showing me all of the restaurants and places around town, so I'm thinking that this is a definite positive. I reached out to the recruiter almost a week later after not hearing anything. She informs me that the company is moving in a different direction. No feedback, no word from the company, nothing. Extremely odd.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions, basically stuff out of an HR manual.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Short, more on philosophy. Quick response. More about fitting a mold than about abilities or experience. Looking for people that will follow blindly and never question anything. Short tour and some introductions following.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how a privately owned business operates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Basler Electric (Highland, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Be prepared for an exhausting process. After four phone interviews over the course of one month I was invited for a face to face interview at their location in Illinois. I was told to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on a technical product or service. A full day was devoted to interviewing with HR, giving my presentation, and several follow up interviews, in total eight interviews with various team members. The biggest difficulty in the process was that the the individuals I met with were all over the map with their questions as well as their explanations of what would be a good fit for the position. The VP gave me about five minutes of his time and seemed rather upset. He cut our talk short and walked out of the room after explaining to me that Basler was a conservative company and that he had reservations about me as fit. At the end of the day HR debriefed me and explained their policies and benefits. I was exhausted, bewildered and unsure of how I had fared. In truth I knew this was not the place for me.

Electronic Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Basler Electric (Taylor, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Conducted by an individual that had not knowledge of electronics. If the answer given was not on the question sheet, it was marked as a failure even if you answer was correct but a different procedure.

Interview Questions

• What procedure would you use to troubleshoot a PCB?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told you.