Bass Pro Shops Customer Service Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2011.

I went to the Bass Pro Shops headquarters and filled out an application in person at their employment center. The receptionist was very polite and professional. The Bass Pro Shops website was relatively vague in describing the positions available, so I decided to keep an open mind and consider any positions that might sound like a fit for me. I was asked to wait for an immediate "brief interview" and a woman called me back within about 10 minutes. She took me down a long hallway to a dark, dusty small office without any windows. She asked me a few very typical interview questions; that part of the interview was fine. She asked me twice if I was in school, which I am a BA graduate and not currently pursuing my master's degree. I got the feeling that she thought I was younger than my age (early 30's). When she described a few positions available (such as customer service, store support, cashier, and call center) she also gave the wage to start and it was all around minimum wage. I told her the wage was lower than I expected and I did not think that would work. She then started to talk about a graphic design position that paid $9 per hour, and for which I would probably not be qualified. I cut the interview short but she gave me information about a call center position with training class beginning soon.

Interview Questions
  • Are you currently in school? Did you put all of your school hours on your application?   View Answer

Pay offered was not in line with my experience, abilities, and expectations.

Other Interview Reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Customer Service Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

After filling out the online application I was contacted for a one on one interview with the department manager for the department I applied for. The interview questions were very similar to the ones on the application. We covered previous work experience and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you were required to handle a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    They based the pay off of what I made at my previous job. There was no negotiation.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!