Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I received a phone call from HR and was impressed with the woman who called to let me know that I was selected to come in for an interview. She asked a few questions, then I went in the next day to meet the woman, then I went for a drug screening test. All in all it was a simple process.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just took what was available with the intention of moving into a full time sales position asap.

Group Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Sat down with hr manager and went through a typical interview and then sat down with the merchandise manager for a second interview and lastly sat down with the GM and did my final interview and talked dollars and cents

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO).

Interview

The hiring process here was great. The supervisor made sure you knew how to create an email and be professional in it. She asked a series of questions and outcomes that would happen and what I would do to fix the issue. Lots of problem solving questions which is good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much to be able to negotiate other than hours. Pay is non negotiable.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

After having they had to reschedule interview. After finally having finish I go back for the second interview upon arriving for the interview they told me they were on a freeze hire. Instead of calling me the decided to wait til I go there.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I interviewed at a Job Fair. Extremely nice interviewer. Standard interview questions. Huge turnout so plan on being at their Job Fair half the day. Bring your resume. Dress the part. Do your homework by searching their website or visiting their store.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of over the top customer service you have given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I applied for the position and was promptly called in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. It was a professional, but relaxed interview. They inquired about your specific experience with the outdoors. For example, whether you were a Fisherman, Hunter, Hiker, etc. They then asked standard retail-type interview questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2015.

Interview

Applied at a job fair. Interview at the fair was a quick screening interview. Easy questions. Nothing that hasn't already been posted on glass door. If you pass that then a follow-up interview was scheduled about a week later. That interview was with the hiring manager. Repeated many questions from the screening interview with more in-depth discussions on the responses and a few additional questions. Again, all questions asked were covered in earlier posts. Once past that, got a call back to complete the personality questionnaire, background check authorization and schedule the drug screening. Next and final call was to schedule the first day of work. Just be open and honest and if it is a good fit it will happen.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions have been posted previously.   Answer Question

Archery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and then sent a follow-up email via the general email on Bass Pro's career page. I received a response within a few hours notifying me that my email had been forwarded to the general manager of the Rancho Cucamonga store (Bob Minor), and I received an email from him the next day setting up an interview. I was impressed with how quickly everyone responded to me. I was interviewed by Mr. Minor, who was very friendly and talked a lot about all the benefits and perks of working at Bass Pro. He is very proud of his store. The majority of the questions he asked were typical interview questions about my experience, background in archery, and work ethic. After the interview I was given a personality quiz with work scenario questions like, "If you saw an employee stealing would you report it?". A few days later I received a call from the store to tell me when orientation was, where I got the job offer. All employees are first hired as part time associates at $9.50 per hour, but full-time positions do come up and are based on qualifications, not seniority. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, overall a very nice experience.

Archery Department Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rocklin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to three interviews. First was at a job fair and was about 20 minutes. I then was sent to HR to schedule my second interview the following week. The second interview was with my department head (hunting). It took about 45 minutes. My third interview was two weeks later and was with the HR manager. (She called and said I had the job as long as I passed the background check and drug test before bringing me in). When I went in I took the tests. I was then called back two weeks later for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was originally told that I was going to get paid $9.50 an hour. Then when my offer game in I was given $11.00.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

came in sat down, was asked basic by the book questions, was told I was tired, went and did a drug test. The managers were very nice. There were a lot of people being interviewed that day.