Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.2

Camping Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in September 2014.

I applied online for cashier even though it wasn't the position I really wanted. I received a call just a few days after for an interview. I met with the HR and she was a super nice lady. She pulled up my hobbies and experience as a traveler/camper and assumed that I wanted to work in the camping department(which I did). I found that very nice of the company that let me choose which department I wanted to work at.. She asked a couple of questions about my camping experience such as where have I camped, how many times a year, and tent or rv camping? ANSWER HONESTLY AND DONT LIE! Basic questions followed such as, why bass pro, and what would your friends say your worst feature is.. I received another call for a second interview 2 days later.. I was supposed to meet with the camping manager but the fishing manager interviewed me along with his partner. They asked me a serious of questions which took about 45 minutes. they just wanted to get to know me better and just be prepared for anything they might ask! Study guys! And I promise you will get the job. They said they would call me back if anything and I left really confident.. I received another call 2 days later to discuss the offer. they offered me less than what I asked for but with a pay increase in writing after 90 days. I accepted the offer and did a questionnaire on the spot..

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable.. Take it or leave it offer. They kind of low balled me at 9.00 and I asked for at least 9.50 to not push it... They still offered a pay increase in writing after probation period (90) days. Try to start off with the most you can because those raises are who knows... Maybe 10 or 20 cents.. Not worth your trouble guys so hustle!! It is your valuable time and you will work hard for it!

Hunting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2014.

All in all the process was pretty easy. It took a little over an hour with a one on one interview with the manager. I was asked the basic questions of why you want to work here, what is your strength/weakness, what was did you like/not like about your last boss.

I was then given a personality test with 90 questions with the answers being 1(disagree) - 10 (agree). I was asked about products I use, what do I hunt/fish, where have I, etc. Do not lie, they will ask you questions that are specific to the equipment you are using, and then ask to explain. If you do not knowledgeable on hunting equipment, just be honest.

Tip: Dress for a professional interview. No jeans, boots or t-shirts. I wore khakis with a button up and loafers, and it was appreciated and mentioned. There were quite a few other applications on the desk for the same position but I was offered the job before I left. First impressions are everything.

All said and done it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, but I was offered above what I expected with a pay increase in writing after 90 days.

Office Administrator Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

It took awhile after putting my JOA in to get an interview like 2 or three weeks. The interview was with the HR manager and the Operations manager. They made the interview exreamly comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker wasn't wearing the correct dress code

On to say what about management
        View Answer
    • How are you with multitasking   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position   Answer Question
    • What's one of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • What we're you thinking concerning hourly pay   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to keep employee information confidential   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you   Answer Question
    • What do you like most about hr because it has a lot of different aspects to it   Answer Question
    • What would you do if (named 4 people) came up to you and asked you to do something throughout the day but you didn't have time to do it all   Answer Question
    • What is your work style   Answer Question

Front End Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Was referred to this job opening by a fellow neighbor who let me know that they were hiring for this position. I was called for a first interview with the customer service manager, which went very well due to my previous experience. I received a call for a second interview a week later.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in April 2014.

PHONE INTERVIEW BY DISTRICT MANAGER, WENT WELL. He was new to the position himself. Moved on to interview with Store Manager, two weeks later. Initially I submitted an email to the store manager, applied to corporate online and dropped a resume in the mail. The one on one was with the Store Manager. The statements made upon the end of the interview were as if I was already to have started.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

I only went through the first interview. I think there would have been a second one.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. The most difficult would be what do you not like doing in your current position?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   View Answer
    no comment since I do not remember

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Retail Consolidation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in November 2013.

Job Fair, went to the hiring center, filled out resume, called in for indivdual interview, no questions asked, just reviewed resume.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in November 2013.

I filled out an application and was given one of the personality assessments on the spot. Within minutes I was sitting down having an interview with the department manager. She seemed fairly cold, but was interested enough in my work experience and goals to allow me an interview with HR. The process was easy, with your average questions.

Interview Questions
    • What could your previous employer have done to get you to stay?   Answer Question

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!