Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
39 interviews

2.2

Hunting Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2014.

All in all the process was pretty easy. It took a little over an hour with a one on one interview with the manager. I was asked the basic questions of why you want to work here, what is your strength/weakness, what was did you like/not like about your last boss.

I was then given a personality test with 90 questions with the answers being 1(disagree) - 10 (agree). I was asked about products I use, what do I hunt/fish, where have I, etc. Do not lie, they will ask you questions that are specific to the equipment you are using, and then ask to explain. If you do not knowledgeable on hunting equipment, just be honest.

Tip: Dress for a professional interview. No jeans, boots or t-shirts. I wore khakis with a button up and loafers, and it was appreciated and mentioned. There were quite a few other applications on the desk for the same position but I was offered the job before I left. First impressions are everything.

All said and done it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, but I was offered above what I expected with a pay increase in writing after 90 days.

Office Administrator Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

It took awhile after putting my JOA in to get an interview like 2 or three weeks. The interview was with the HR manager and the Operations manager. They made the interview exreamly comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker wasn't wearing the correct dress code

On to say what about management
        View Answer
    • How are you with multitasking   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position   Answer Question
    • What's one of your weaknesses   Answer Question
    • What we're you thinking concerning hourly pay   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to keep employee information confidential   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you   Answer Question
    • What do you like most about hr because it has a lot of different aspects to it   Answer Question
    • What would you do if (named 4 people) came up to you and asked you to do something throughout the day but you didn't have time to do it all   Answer Question
    • What is your work style   Answer Question

Group Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in February 2010.

Very awkward due to being interviewed before store was being built. Interview took place at a Hilton Garden Inn hotel. I arrived 20 minutes early and noticed two Bass Pro employees eating breakfast in the lobby. The male was wearing khakis and a BPS polo shirt and the female was wearing a business style skirt and blouse. I checked in at the hotel desk and stated who I was and why I was there and they told me to be seated in the lobby. Thirty minutes later I was told by the hotel clerk that they were waiting for me in room 411. I approached the elevator and arrived at room 411 and knocked on the door. I was summoned in by a the female who was sitting on the bed as I opened the door all I saw was legs. It felt like an episode of Dateline as I cautiously introduced myself. The male counterpart arrived a few minutes later and started a panel style interview with my resume in each of their hands.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about outdoor passions such as hunting, fishing, and camping knowledge.   View Answer
    • Tell me about yourself without mentioning your work history.   View Answer
    • Tell me about your work history, career, ambitions and why you applied for this position.   View Answer
    I was contacted within a week with a lowball offer that I declined but told them I was interested for "x" amount. I was employed and didn't need the job without getting what I wanted. I was told that they would get back with me as I had the experience they wanted. I received a 2nd phone call a few days later with another offer. This one was a little closer to "x" amount. Still I would giving up more due to losing vacation time and a lower salary. I declined yet again. At this point I knew I was being recruited and the ball was in my court. I received another phone call 2 days later and the store manager told me he battled with the home office and this is his final offer and the last phone call. He came back with an increase which was dead on to the current salary I was making. I accepted the offer contingent to the working schedule stated in the interview in which I didn't get in writing.

PS-the schedule never came to fruition. The store manager denied promising the scheduled work days. I had no proof due to the HR person leaving the company and shortly after the store opened the store manager left the company.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Utica, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in April 2014.

PHONE INTERVIEW BY DISTRICT MANAGER, WENT WELL. He was new to the position himself. Moved on to interview with Store Manager, two weeks later. Initially I submitted an email to the store manager, applied to corporate online and dropped a resume in the mail. The one on one was with the Store Manager. The statements made upon the end of the interview were as if I was already to have started.

Front End Lead Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Was referred to this job opening by a fellow neighbor who let me know that they were hiring for this position. I was called for a first interview with the customer service manager, which went very well due to my previous experience. I received a call for a second interview a week later.

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in May 2013.

The interviews are very simple and basic. They ask you a series of questions that don't really mean much.

Interview Questions
    Working inside and outside to do events for the kids.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in November 2013.

I filled out an application and was given one of the personality assessments on the spot. Within minutes I was sitting down having an interview with the department manager. She seemed fairly cold, but was interested enough in my work experience and goals to allow me an interview with HR. The process was easy, with your average questions.

Interview Questions
    • What could your previous employer have done to get you to stay?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in May 2010.

Phone interview, store interview

no negotiation

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

I only went through the first interview. I think there would have been a second one.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. The most difficult would be what do you not like doing in your current position?   View Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2010.

First contact is with HR manager, then a GSM of the department they feel best fits your skillset will talk with you, generally on the first visit. A standardized personality test is then administered. If satifactory test score is obtained a second interview with the Operations or General manager is needed before hiring. All job offers include a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do to help build a better team in your department?   Answer Question
    none.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!