Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I interviewed at a Job Fair. Extremely nice interviewer. Standard interview questions. Huge turnout so plan on being at their Job Fair half the day. Bring your resume. Dress the part. Do your homework by searching their website or visiting their store.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of over the top customer service you have given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I applied for the position and was promptly called in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. It was a professional, but relaxed interview. They inquired about your specific experience with the outdoors. For example, whether you were a Fisherman, Hunter, Hiker, etc. They then asked standard retail-type interview questions.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

came in sat down, was asked basic by the book questions, was told I was tired, went and did a drug test. The managers were very nice. There were a lot of people being interviewed that day.

Special Events Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

It was pretty easy, they ask you some trick questions so stay focused and don't be scared at all, they are very welcoming and make you feel like you're already hired there, they want you more than you know, they need you, so go in with confidence.

PACE Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

Very fun. Supervisors are very friendly. Only complaint is that i had to go a total of 3 times, which wasn't bad, but it took a while to find out. There is a test you are required to take which is 90 Questions and it is pretty much just common sense things but MAKE SURE to read the directions because they try and trick you on some of them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate

Camping Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

They don't want to meet you, i.e. see your face... "They'll call you". The job is 15/16 hours per week, 5 to 6 hours a day. Pay is somewhere between 8 and 9 bucks an hour. When I said "Seriously?" Was told "What do you expect? this is the south? Wow! don't know what Century I walked in to...

Interview Questions

• Was told... You could lie about your experience. Tell them you were a boy scout or camping leader or some crap like that.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Huge waste of time. I applied for full time and after filling out a 90 question long sheet and talking for roughly 30 minutes, the guy says he only has part time and the pay is a measly 9.50 per hour. That's less than what Walmart pays. They basically lied to me to get me down there and then offered me an insultingly low wage. If the big bass pro shops can't even match wally world then there is a problem. Also for such a terrible, low paying job, they have a 3 interview process. Sorry but you simply don't go through 3 interviews for 9.50 per hour part time. Complete joke that company is.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Boating Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Pearl, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. I was nervous though. i came in dirty from my current job but they cool about it. It wasnt until the second interview i was told about the benefits Which are are great by the way. the people were very nice and Professional. I am looking forward to working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made a straightforward offer.

Tracker Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Three stage interview, one with Sales Manager, Store Manager and then the HR Manager. The Sales Manager was a simple screening, the Store manager was the hiring manager but left the salary negotiation to the HR Manager, as well as the personality test and scheduling of the drug test.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have operating boats?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Attended a job fair on last day of the event to apply for a part-time position. Met with an HR rep from a different store they had brought in for the job fair.

She asked what I wanted to do in the store. I told her about my previous work experience and we discussed possible positions I would be qualified for.

She explained they had screen 4,000+ applicants the prior two days and were no longer scheduling interviews on the spot but that I would be contacted in a few weeks to schedule an interview. She stated that based on my experience they would very likely call me and that if they didn't that I should contact her because she knew she had a job for me at her location!

I received a call to interview with the department manager approximately two and a half weeks later at a local hotel (the store was still being built.)

I interviewed with the department manager. Very laid back conversation. He talked about why he liked working for the retailer and about the various positions in his department. We discussed my back ground and skills. By the end of the interview he was giving me a paper application to complete and an Orion Personality assessment,

After completing those I took them up stairs to the 'HR Hub' where the assessment was "graded". I then met with the Operations Manager who asked me about a few of my answers to the questions on the assessment, all the while explaining that there were no right or wrong answers. I later learned that they asked everyone I spoke to about the same questions.

After that brief discussion it was back to the HR hub to wait. I was given several papers to fill out such as Authorization for a background check, W-4, Availability, Internet Usage Policy, etc. I was called in to speak to the HR Manager who reviewed my paperwork as she was typing it in the system. She told me what they would be willing to pay me. I explained that it was low. She told me they were still considering starting pay and that it may be increased. She advised that I go ahead and get my drug screen done so that I would be ready for orientation if I chose to select their official offer. She scheduled my screening and told me I would be contacted in a few weeks.

The entire process on the interview day took approximately two hours. I was called back two weeks later to schedule my orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR manager told me during the interview what they were willing to pay. I told her it was low. She explained they were still setting pay rates and recommended that I complete my paper work and drug screen incase I wanted to think about it or if their official offer after the back ground check was higher.

Their official offer was 50 cents higher than the initial rate at the interview with an evaluation and eligibility for a pay raise at 90 days.