Bass Pro Shops

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Administrator Interview

Office Administrator

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – It took awhile after putting my JOA in to get an interview like 2 or three weeks. The interview was with the HR manager and the Operations manager. They made the interview exreamly comfortable.

Interview Questions

Group Sales Manager Interview

Group Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very awkward due to being interviewed before store was being built. Interview took place at a Hilton Garden Inn hotel. I arrived 20 minutes early and noticed two Bass Pro employees eating breakfast in the lobby. The male was wearing khakis and a BPS polo shirt and the female was wearing a business style skirt and blouse. I checked in at the hotel desk and stated who I was and why I was there and they told me to be seated in the lobby. Thirty minutes later I was told by the hotel clerk that they were waiting for me in room 411. I approached the elevator and arrived at room 411 and knocked on the door. I was summoned in by a the female who was sitting on the bed as I opened the door all I saw was legs. It felt like an episode of Dateline as I cautiously introduced myself. The male counterpart arrived a few minutes later and started a panel style interview with my resume in each of their hands.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about outdoor passions such as hunting, fishing, and camping knowledge.   View Answer
  • Tell me about yourself without mentioning your work history.   View Answer
  • Tell me about your work history, career, ambitions and why you applied for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was contacted within a week with a lowball offer that I declined but told them I was interested for "x" amount. I was employed and didn't need the job without getting what I wanted. I was told that they would get back with me as I had the experience they wanted. I received a 2nd phone call a few days later with another offer. This one was a little closer to "x" amount. Still I would giving up more due to losing vacation time and a lower salary. I declined yet again. At this point I knew I was being recruited and the ball was in my court. I received another phone call 2 days later and the store manager told me he battled with the home office and this is his final offer and the last phone call. He came back with an increase which was dead on to the current salary I was making. I accepted the offer contingent to the working schedule stated in the interview in which I didn't get in writing.

PS-the schedule never came to fruition. The store manager denied promising the scheduled work days. I had no proof due to the HR person leaving the company and shortly after the store opened the store manager left the company.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Utica, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in April 2014.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW BY DISTRICT MANAGER, WENT WELL. He was new to the position himself. Moved on to interview with Store Manager, two weeks later. Initially I submitted an email to the store manager, applied to corporate online and dropped a resume in the mail. The one on one was with the Store Manager. The statements made upon the end of the interview were as if I was already to have started.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Front End Lead Interview

Front End Lead

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – Was referred to this job opening by a fellow neighbor who let me know that they were hiring for this position. I was called for a first interview with the customer service manager, which went very well due to my previous experience. I received a call for a second interview a week later.

Customer Relations Interview

Customer Relations
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interviews are very simple and basic. They ask you a series of questions that don't really mean much.

Interview Question – What are your flaws?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Working inside and outside to do events for the kids.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Lawrenceville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in November 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was given one of the personality assessments on the spot. Within minutes I was sitting down having an interview with the department manager. She seemed fairly cold, but was interested enough in my work experience and goals to allow me an interview with HR. The process was easy, with your average questions.

Interview Question – What could your previous employer have done to get you to stay?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Maintenance Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, store interview

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Office Administrator Interview

Office Administrator
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – I only went through the first interview. I think there would have been a second one.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected. The most difficult would be what do you not like doing in your current position?   View Answer

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2010.

Interview Details – First contact is with HR manager, then a GSM of the department they feel best fits your skillset will talk with you, generally on the first visit. A standardized personality test is then administered. If satifactory test score is obtained a second interview with the Operations or General manager is needed before hiring. All job offers include a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – What can you do to help build a better team in your department?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Front End Lead Interview

Front End Lead
Manteca, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straight forward. It involved and initial phone interview, then an interview with a direct supervisor, and a final with a store manager. Orientation was efficient.

Interview Question – Be prepared to explain in detail why you left your last job. There will be a lot of questions about your work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave job offer.

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!