Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I interviewed at a Job Fair. Extremely nice interviewer. Standard interview questions. Huge turnout so plan on being at their Job Fair half the day. Bring your resume. Dress the part. Do your homework by searching their website or visiting their store.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of over the top customer service you have given.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I applied for the position and was promptly called in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. It was a professional, but relaxed interview. They inquired about your specific experience with the outdoors. For example, whether you were a Fisherman, Hunter, Hiker, etc. They then asked standard retail-type interview questions.

Archery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and then sent a follow-up email via the general email on Bass Pro's career page. I received a response within a few hours notifying me that my email had been forwarded to the general manager of the Rancho Cucamonga store (Bob Minor), and I received an email from him the next day setting up an interview. I was impressed with how quickly everyone responded to me.
    I was interviewed by Mr. Minor, who was very friendly and talked a lot about all the benefits and perks of working at Bass Pro. He is very proud of his store. The majority of the questions he asked were typical interview questions about my experience, background in archery, and work ethic. After the interview I was given a personality quiz with work scenario questions like, "If you saw an employee stealing would you report it?".
    A few days later I received a call from the store to tell me when orientation was, where I got the job offer. All employees are first hired as part time associates at $9.50 per hour, but full-time positions do come up and are based on qualifications, not seniority.
    Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, overall a very nice experience.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

came in sat down, was asked basic by the book questions, was told I was tired, went and did a drug test. The managers were very nice. There were a lot of people being interviewed that day.

Special Events Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

It was pretty easy, they ask you some trick questions so stay focused and don't be scared at all, they are very welcoming and make you feel like you're already hired there, they want you more than you know, they need you, so go in with confidence.

PACE Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

Very fun. Supervisors are very friendly. Only complaint is that i had to go a total of 3 times, which wasn't bad, but it took a while to find out. There is a test you are required to take which is 90 Questions and it is pretty much just common sense things but MAKE SURE to read the directions because they try and trick you on some of them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate

Camping Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

They don't want to meet you, i.e. see your face... "They'll call you". The job is 15/16 hours per week, 5 to 6 hours a day. Pay is somewhere between 8 and 9 bucks an hour. When I said "Seriously?" Was told "What do you expect? this is the south? Wow! don't know what Century I walked in to...

Interview Questions

• Was told... You could lie about your experience. Tell them you were a boy scout or camping leader or some crap like that.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Huge waste of time. I applied for full time and after filling out a 90 question long sheet and talking for roughly 30 minutes, the guy says he only has part time and the pay is a measly 9.50 per hour. That's less than what Walmart pays. They basically lied to me to get me down there and then offered me an insultingly low wage. If the big bass pro shops can't even match wally world then there is a problem. Also for such a terrible, low paying job, they have a 3 interview process. Sorry but you simply don't go through 3 interviews for 9.50 per hour part time. Complete joke that company is.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Boating Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Pearl, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. I was nervous though. i came in dirty from my current job but they cool about it. It wasnt until the second interview i was told about the benefits Which are are great by the way. the people were very nice and Professional. I am looking forward to working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made a straightforward offer.

Tracker Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Three stage interview, one with Sales Manager, Store Manager and then the HR Manager. The Sales Manager was a simple screening, the Store manager was the hiring manager but left the salary negotiation to the HR Manager, as well as the personality test and scheduling of the drug test.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have operating boats?   1 Answer