Bass Pro Shops

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Front End Cashier Interview

Lawrenceville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in November 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was given one of the personality assessments on the spot. Within minutes I was sitting down having an interview with the department manager. She seemed fairly cold, but was interested enough in my work experience and goals to allow me an interview with HR. The process was easy, with your average questions.

Interview Question – What could your previous employer have done to get you to stay?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, store interview

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Office Administrator Interview

Office Administrator
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – I only went through the first interview. I think there would have been a second one.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected. The most difficult would be what do you not like doing in your current position?   View Answer

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2010.

Interview Details – First contact is with HR manager, then a GSM of the department they feel best fits your skillset will talk with you, generally on the first visit. A standardized personality test is then administered. If satifactory test score is obtained a second interview with the Operations or General manager is needed before hiring. All job offers include a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – What can you do to help build a better team in your department?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Front End Lead Interview

Front End Lead
Manteca, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straight forward. It involved and initial phone interview, then an interview with a direct supervisor, and a final with a store manager. Orientation was efficient.

Interview Question – Be prepared to explain in detail why you left your last job. There will be a lot of questions about your work history.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave job offer.

Leeds, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very little relevant questioning, I felt that my previous experience meant nothing. Manager gave you the impression that your salary compensation would be higher than you actually recieved. Intimidation is a tactic, nobody had the chance to apply for higher position unless you knew someone within the company.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a problem in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, there is no room for negotiation, you get minimum salary for maximum work.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Question – Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no comment since I do not remember

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Springfield, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2010.

Interview Details – Asked a lot of questions about how you would handle certain questions and your interest in the outdoors.

Interview Question – The situational questions like telling about a conflict with a co worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me the job and i said yes.

Very Easy Interview

Gurnee, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in January 2012.

Interview Details – asked and answered about 5 questions and was offered the job

Interview Question – everything was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bass Pro Shops

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bass Pro Shops interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bass Pro Shops employees and interview candidates.