Bass Pro Shops

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leeds, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very little relevant questioning, I felt that my previous experience meant nothing. Manager gave you the impression that your salary compensation would be higher than you actually recieved. Intimidation is a tactic, nobody had the chance to apply for higher position unless you knew someone within the company.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a problem in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, there is no room for negotiation, you get minimum salary for maximum work.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Question – Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no comment since I do not remember

Very Easy Interview

Gurnee, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in January 2012.

Interview Details – asked and answered about 5 questions and was offered the job

Interview Question – everything was easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2013.

Interview Details – ok low pay

Interview Question – how to deal with problem customers   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in April 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. Received a call to come in for a face to face interview. Got a call that I was hired.

Interview Question – What did I like and dislike about my former boss.   Answer Question

Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. HR (Patty) is super nice. I interviewed with her and then the manager over my department. I was offered the job on the spot at my second interview. We had (paid) group orientation from 8am-5pm. It seems like a great company so far.

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8 an hour with no negotiation necessary.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in September 2011.

Interview Details – You will be called for an in store interview where you meet with the hiring manager (s) for the position you applied for. If you are selected for hire you will be asked to agree to a background check, and a drug test before hiring date is given. Once you complete those requirements, then you first begin with a basic training program.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bass Pro Shops?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2011.

Interview Details – Took a personality test composed of situations and answered on a scale of 1-10 how much I either agreed or disagreed with the particular question. Interviewed with the head of human resources and a general sales manager on the first day in two separate interviews. Was contacted about two days later and interviewed by the merchandise manager and then made an offer. Product knowledge is very important to these people almost to the point of you being an expert on the items.

Interview Question – If you noticed a fellow employee stealing, what actions would you take?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation was entertained. The merchandise manager offered what I asked for which was rather high in the first place.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in March 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – ARE YOU AVAILABLE TO WORK THANKSGIVING?   Answer Question

Worked for Bass Pro Shops? Contribute to the Community!