Bass Pro Shops Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was standard. The hiring managers seemed very positive. During the interview, I was asked a series of questions on how my skill set would benefit the company. At the end of the interview, they asked how much my current rate is and if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Questions

• Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

no comment since I do not remember

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2013.

Interview

ok low pay

Interview Questions

• how to deal with problem customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Montgomery, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. HR (Patty) is super nice. I interviewed with her and then the manager over my department. I was offered the job on the spot at my second interview. We had (paid) group orientation from 8am-5pm. It seems like a great company so far.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $8 an hour with no negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Orlando, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Received a call to come in for a face to face interview. Got a call that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

3 easy interview and have to pass a drug test. You go in for 3 interviews with a couple different managers and they ask you a billion questions and then you go orientation with Bob and he gives you all the rules, dress codes, and walk through.

Interview Questions

• 1) What experience do you have
      2) is your avalibilty open
      3) do you go to school
      4) tell me a time where you had to solve a situation by yourself

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Leeds, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

Very little relevant questioning, I felt that my previous experience meant nothing. Manager gave you the impression that your salary compensation would be higher than you actually recieved. Intimidation is a tactic, nobody had the chance to apply for higher position unless you knew someone within the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a problem in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there is no room for negotiation, you get minimum salary for maximum work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Gurnee, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

asked and answered about 5 questions and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

You will be called for an in store interview where you meet with the hiring manager (s) for the position you applied for. If you are selected for hire you will be asked to agree to a background check, and a drug test before hiring date is given. Once you complete those requirements, then you first begin with a basic training program.