Bass Pro Shops

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Questions
  • Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   View Answer
no comment since I do not remember

Other Interview Reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2013.

ok low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in July 2013.

I applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. HR (Patty) is super nice. I interviewed with her and then the manager over my department. I was offered the job on the spot at my second interview. We had (paid) group orientation from 8am-5pm. It seems like a great company so far.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than the other applicants?   Answer Question
    I was offered $8 an hour with no negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in April 2013.

Filled out an online application. Received a call to come in for a face to face interview. Got a call that I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2012.

Very little relevant questioning, I felt that my previous experience meant nothing. Manager gave you the impression that your salary compensation would be higher than you actually recieved. Intimidation is a tactic, nobody had the chance to apply for higher position unless you knew someone within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a problem in your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    No, there is no room for negotiation, you get minimum salary for maximum work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in January 2012.

asked and answered about 5 questions and was offered the job

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in September 2011.

You will be called for an in store interview where you meet with the hiring manager (s) for the position you applied for. If you are selected for hire you will be asked to agree to a background check, and a drug test before hiring date is given. Once you complete those requirements, then you first begin with a basic training program.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2011.

Took a personality test composed of situations and answered on a scale of 1-10 how much I either agreed or disagreed with the particular question. Interviewed with the head of human resources and a general sales manager on the first day in two separate interviews. Was contacted about two days later and interviewed by the merchandise manager and then made an offer. Product knowledge is very important to these people almost to the point of you being an expert on the items.

Interview Questions
    • If you noticed a fellow employee stealing, what actions would you take?   View Answer
    Very little negotiation was entertained. The merchandise manager offered what I asked for which was rather high in the first place.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bass Pro Shops in March 2008.

3 interviews