Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops Shift Lead Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Sales Associate (10)
- Team Lead (2)
- Front End Lead (2)
- Customer Service (2)
- Office Administrator (2)
- Retail Clerk (1)
- Risk Management (1)
- Shift Lead (1)
- Group Sales Manager (1)
- Human Resources Manager (1)
- Footwear (1)
- Customer Relations (1)
- Front End Cashier (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Maintenance Manager (1)
- Receiving (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Visual Merchandise Specialist (1)
- Hunting Sales Associate (1)
- Santas Wonderland (1)
- Tracker Boat Sales (1)
- Visual Display Lead (1)
- Anything In the Marine Or Hunting Departments (1)
- Credit Card Associate (1)
- Retail Consolidation (1)
Shift Lead Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2011.
Interview Details – One bright spot is the HR department. They seem very professional compared to most companies. They return calls, have good communication and let you know where you stand from day one.
When you turn in an application you will be interviewed immediately after. Even if there isn't a current opening. If there isn't and you are not screened out you will be contacted for a second interview and offered a position based on current openings, your qualifications and the area of the company you expressed an interest in.
JOA or "Job Opportunity Announcements" and be filled out for open positions within the company, such as a supervisory position. HR will conduct an initial interview as before. Then if you pass the screening process you will be interviewed by the appropriate manager/supervisor (your new boss) and then if they like you by their boss. Who has the final say in who gets picked.
The JOA process is somewhat broken, as people are sometimes assigned a position and final choices of supervisors can be overruled.
- Random personal questions, seemly unrelated to the job applied for. "Gab test." View Answer
- Name a position you've held, outside Bass Pro Shops, where you had these responsibilities? View Answer
- How do you feel about sick leave? View Answer
- When doing a JOA there is always some question about the department you're working in. Like "What's selling good right now?" or, "How many containers have you guys had this year?" View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bass Pro Shops