Bates College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Concierge Interview

Student Concierge
Lewiston, ME

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bates College.

Interview Details – interview didn't take very long. Interviewer was interested in my interpersonal skills, ability to talk well on the phone etc. The interview process was pretty simple.

Interview Question – They were all very simple questions, really.   Answer Question

Assistant Dean of Admissions Interview

Assistant Dean of Admissions
Lewiston, ME

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bates College.

Interview Details – Interviewing is conducted over a full work day, wherein candidates meet with representatives from admissions, student services, and affirmative action. Bates in most cases may take care of travel accommodations if their coming in from out of state.

Interview Question – Application reading exercise   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Bates College

Interview Details – Received an email over the summer inviting me to be a TA. There was no interview. I accepted the position.

Interview Question – There was no interview so no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotitation

Chef Interview

Chef

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bates College.

Interview Details – Know your stuff. Sauces, spices, etc. If you don't you might as well be an entry cook

Interview Question – I was given a written test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – started out reasonable was given a raise later

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Lewiston, ME

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bates College.

Interview Details – Long wait for interview, one interview and then a long wait for offer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Lewiston, ME

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bates College.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and offered a job. This was before the use of hiring committees.

Interview Question – Can I start tomorrow?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Analysis Interview

Analysis

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bates College in March 2010.

Interview Details – a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Interview Question – what was your hardest teamwork experience?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Data Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bates College in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very straightforward.

Interview Question – Give an example of sussing out data that others missed.   View Answer

Worked for Bates College? Contribute to the Community!