Batesville Casket

Batesville Casket Interview Questions

3.1

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batesville, IN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Batesville Casket.

Applied online and was asked to interview in person, but for another position. After the initial interview I was asked to return for a full day of interviews with HR and people within the organization this position was part of. The interview process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, the interview was not overly difficult but it was somewhat demanding. You are asked to cover experience and decisions made since high school all the way to your previous job, which can become a long story if you have many years of experience.   View Answer
    The negotiation process was standard and the offer was fair.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Batesville Casket in May 2013.

Former employee hired back

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batesville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Batesville Casket in December 2012.

Process was very, very elongated (many months). Company somewhat uses the Chronological In-Depth Structured (CIDS) Interview method. Had a day of interviews with potential superiors and colleagues. The hiring manager and HR person mostly asked questions about my high school and college days. I understand a little bit of that, but they spent so much time on those questions, we never really got to present day (or even the last decade)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but was not entirely prepared to spend 90% of the time talking about my life in high school and college (which was quite some time ago.   Answer Question

District Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Batesville Casket in November 2010.

The first telephone screen was conducted by logistics HR. The second telephone interview was conducted by the direct manager followed by an additional call with an existing District Logistics Manager. Each call was approximately 1 hr and consisted of a summary of experiences, why Batesville and focused questions on change management, leadership style, project management, etc. Prior to the onsite interview candidate will take a PRADCO personality/style online assessment. Onsite interview consists of 1hr discussions with transportation and logistics followed by 3 hours with logistics HR and potential boss using the PRADCO results. Candidate will walk through entire resume highlighting each role, what you enjoy, what you didn't enjoy, why the transitions, organizational strengths/weaknesses, leadership, projects, customer interaction, etc. Candidate will be asked how college was financed, chosen, what was learned, enjoyed, disliked, organizations, leadership, etc. The final interview onsite will be 1hr with VP of Logistics.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Batesville Casket in June 2010.

The first interview is a phone interview. After that you may have another phone interview with a regional manager. If you pass that, then you will move on to meet a regional manager. If your initial interviewer and the manager like you, then you go to Batesville, Indiana to meet several executives. At that point, you should get a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • what is the most unique way you have handled a problem in the past   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Batesville Casket in May 2010.

First I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The next interview was about 3 weeks later and lasted an hour. The questions asked were not too challenging. After the interview, I contacted the district manager and the regional manager at least 5 times, and they did not have the courtesy to return calls or emails or even thank me for my time even though I was not chosen. I felt that they at least could have let me know my standing instead of leaving me hanging. Good Luck if you interview with these people!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to increase your sales and what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batesville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Batesville Casket in February 2010.

The telephone interview was a combination of questions and information regarding the company. The first interview was with the Director of Talent Acq., brief and informative. The person has a hard sales edge to his presentation of the company. The second interview, also by phone, is recorded by the Director for the Regional VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • What is your philosophy of sales management? Use specific examples.   View Answer
    • Describe your greatest failure as a sales leader?   Answer Question

Sales Director, Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Batesville Casket in January 2012.

Although I have only good things to say about Rhoda (outsourced recruiter working for Batesville) I can’t say much for Batesville as a company. I participated in several interviews for the "Sales Director, Canada" position which culminated in a final interview at the beginning of 2012 which required flying to Batesville, Indiana, overnighting, incurring some expenses, and then participating in a 7 ½ hour interview. For the record and from my perspective, the interview went well with no suggestion of any “foot in mouth” scenarios.

Surprisingly, neither the hiring manager (VP of Sales/Tom King) nor the Director of HR (Diane Kinker) ever followed up with any communication to me post final interview. Despite several e-mails and voice messages initiated by me to both individuals, neither ever responded.

I’m all about ensuring a good fit between employee and employer and if I wasn’t the right fit for Batesville, I fully respect that decision. But to never advise a finalist of the decision and to ignore all follow-up communication says something about this company’s core values.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Many questions about my past and why I made the decisions I did at various stages of my life.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Batesville Casket in May 2009.

Interview consisted of 2-3 hours of standardized questions.