Bath Iron Works Interview Questions

2.0

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Bath, ME

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath Iron Works.

I went to their facility in Bath, Maine. The group of interviewees went on a tour of their facility and a lengthy interview process. The interview process consisted of 5 stations. Each station asked a set of questions to get to know your personality and your experiences.

Business Analyst Interview

Online application, phone call, onsite interview; interview was with HR, then two managers including hiring manager. Fairly relaxed, lots of informal open ended questions. Asked me about my career goals and ambitions, if I had ever worked in defense and why I wanted to work in Bath.

Planning Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bath Iron Works.

It was fairly basic, but I was applying for a union cleaner/painter job during one of their massive hiring periods in the '70's. They were hiring anyone that wanted to work.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was "when can you start". They also said not to wear jewelry, except a wedding ring.   View Answer
    There was nothing to negotiate since it was a union pay scale. For that period (70's) the pay was superb.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, ME

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath Iron Works in November 2009.

After applying for any position you must wait until the req. closes then interviews internally go by lay off people first by seniority..if there is currently people on lay off you are stuck at whatever position you are in with no chance for improvement!

Interview Questions
    • Where was your last place of employment?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Human Resources Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bath Iron Works in April 2009.

Apply online, wait about two to three weeks, phone screen, hiring manager interview, director interviews, yard tour, offer

Interview Questions
    None. It's a take it or leave it. Comment from the HR director after asking why we didn't negotiate...."you're darn lucky to have a job, no negotiation needed"

Maintenance Analyst II (2) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bath Iron Works in August 2010.

After I applied about 3 to 4 days after I received a phone call from HR, set a date within the dates they were interviewing. Went to an office building met in a conference room right off from the lobby, he asked about what work ethics meant to me, he meant about being honest with what was charged to the customers which is usually Military i.e. Tax Payers Money. I can't remember all of the questions experience with technical fields and manuals.

Interview Questions
    • he asked about what working ethics meant to me, he meant about being honest with what was charged to the customers which is usually Military i.e. Tax Payers Money.   View Answer