Bath & Body Works Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.1

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I participated in two phone interviews - one with a senior store manager within the district who was on track to become a district manager, and one with the store manager of the location I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle concerns about being a new joining an already-established team?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I was recruited vis LinkedIn. The previous store manager had relocated and there was an obvious a rush on upper management's end to fill the position. The district manager set up a relaxed, relatively informal meet-and-greet type interview where we discussed my qualifications, responsibilities, salary, etc. I then had an obligatory phone interview with the regional manager and was offered the position within a day or two.

The whole process was simple and stressless.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience and approach to coaching associates.   View Answer

Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The questions were fine, what made it nerve racking was the fact that it was a group interview. I was asked for a second interview but that's where my game was thrown off because the group was a little larger and got nervous. I would recommend this place only if your up for a group. I think I would have nailed it if it was one on one.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell the product that was handed to you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

It was a group interview. The assistant store manager conducted the interview. The assistant store manager would ask a question and everyone would answer it. It was professionally conducted. After that, we explained our favorite product/fragrance and why we liked it. After that, we were asked if we had anything else to say or add. Then, the assistant store manger explained that we will be notified a certain day and if not, we were not hired. This person thanked us and the interviewed process was complete.

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Multiple phone and in person interviews that took several weeks. Started with three calls then four in person. They were accommodating with interviewing destinations. Looking back, however, the role description given in the process is no were close to what is actual your role. I learned to do more research on any role after my experience with Bath&Body.

No negation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in February 2015.

1st phone Interview with DM, and then they set a 2nd phone Interview with a partnering DM the following day. The next day I Met with DM face to face and hen had my Final Interview with Regional later during the day. They check References, Background Check and Offer is Made.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions, and How do you Build Talent. They are all about Building Talent, Values, Customer Focus, and Driving Sales Results.   Answer Question
    They gave me Exactly what I asked For without Hesitation! No need to Negotiate. Also we are officially Monthly Bonus Structured!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I was contacted by the manager directly to attend a group interview. The manager took us to the stock room, sat us down in a semi-circle and had a round-robin-style interview session. We were asked questions about how we would handle specific types of sales (especially to disinterested customers). The interview was very comfortable and the manager was great at setting everyone at ease.

After the interview, I was later contacted to come in for training. Some of my training included watching safety videos and learning about proper stock room techniques. I also had access to an enormous amount of literature concerning better sales techniques, product descriptions, and company history.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you sell this perfume (which had very bright top notes and a musky base) to a nurse?"   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I submitted my application in person and got called in two days later for an interview with the assistant manager. The interview was pretty easy. Just make sure to research the company values beforehand and be somewhat familiar with the product. Emphasize in the interview how important customer service is, how you love working with a team in an upbeat, fast-paced environment, and how hard you work.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to pick out my favorite lotion in the store and "demo" the product.   View Answer
    They said that they would like to hire me, and they told me a day that they would start training me. They said they'd start me at minimum wage, $9/hr - but when I got my first paycheck I was happily surprised to see I was actually started at $9.10/hr

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applications are printed and handed in in person to gauge prospect. Interviews are done in groups and are filled with mostly "How would you deal with this?" and "What product would you suggest for this?" type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to pick an item from the store and "sell it" to the interviewer.   Answer Question

CSL Interview

Application in store- called in immediately. Interviewed 2 times offered job and accepted. Trained 2 weeks and began work- very easy process. Research the company and understand conversion. BE PREPARED BEFORE ANY INTERVIEW AND THE JOB IS YOURS!