Bath & Body Works

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Sales Lead Interview

Customer Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2014.

Interview Details – Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
How do you adapt to customers?
Give me a demo of a selling product.

Also some people came dressed way too casual, but I would advise to really dress up. Not extreme for like business professional but be on the border line of that and business casual. Yes it is a casual environment where you can where jeans when your hired but in the interview come in like your taking the interviewers job not the sales job. Don't bother trying to put on perfume, they wont be able to smell it because you in Bath & Body Works for Peters sakes

Interview Question – No questions where difficult. But if you don't answer with confidence or you answer is similar to everyone else's in the group you wont shine as much. Try being very detailed with your answers and act like you're a fake interviewer and you've done this before. Your confidence will make everyone else in the group nervous and the employer will be impressed... At least that how I did it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't too worried about the pay here. I figured it would be low

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – What I expected. Phone first, then District Manager. Questions were basic and focused on customer service and problem solving. Not too long, although the process now involves an additional store manager interviewing you or a "panel" interview.

Interviewed at Bath & Body Works

Interview Details – Very personable and comfortable interview process. The manager wore casual clothing and did not try to sound like she was above me in any way. I automatically knew that I had the job by the end of the interview just by how well it was going.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation.

Sales Associate/Stock Interview

Sales Associate/Stock
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2013.

Interview Details – As soon as I handed in the application I was given a mini interview on the spot. After they scheduled me for a group interview where you would tell everyone why you liked the company then go out on the floor grab a product and attempt to sell it to the group.

Interview Question – When handed in the application the last question they ask is you see two customers in the store one has a shopping bag full of product and the other has nothing which do you walk up to.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Nashua, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

Interview Details – Since the interview was before Christmas they were interviewing us in groups which I was not expecting. There were maybe six of us sitting in the backroom and one manager sat with us. It was very informal. She would ask a question and we'd chime in when we had an answer, sometimes using others' answers as a jumping off point.
Our wages could not be discussed since we were in a group setting, and instead were discussed when the manager called to make an offer.
They called references, so keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• "Is the customer always right?"
    This question got a variety of different answers from the interview group.
      View Answer
  • The other question that sticks out in my mind was "Tell me about an experience you've had with great customer service".   View Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Strongsville, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview was with the comanager. This was very informal in the food court. She asked me questions about conversion and selling techniques, coaching associates and basically a strong emphasis on sales.

The second interview was with the store manager in the back of the store. She drilled me about my experience because I have worked for the company before (at Victoria's Secret) and drilled me about conversion and sales techniques again. This was a very positive interview.

Finally, I had a phone interview with the dm. This was more casual than I expected but she basically explained the expectations of the position and asked me about my understanding of the store and expectations of me.

the process took much longer because my second reference was very hard to get ahold of, but overall was fast and very positive.

Interview Question – If you have 10 customers, how many of those customers do you want to convert into sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because they matched my pay at my current position. The only negotiation was promised hours.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online employment application. I wasn't contacted for several months (4 or 5 months). I was contacted by a store manager to set up a time for the first interview. After meeting with a store manager I was set up with a second interview with another store manager. The second interview went well. I was called later on in the week and was offered a position. I was told that I was going to be contacted about a start time and date... That never happened. I reached out to the store and spoke to a Co Manager and was set up with a time and date to start.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager that made me an offer asked me what I was looking for (pay rate). He was able to meet that and went a little above what I was expecting.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – It was a quick interview, the manager who interviewed me actually presented me with more scenarios than actual questions. Most of the time, she let me know how things worked in the store and mostly during sale season. The more important questions you're presented with is your availability and the basic "weakness" question, as well as what you're looking to take from your time there. It took a good two weeks or more for them to actually give me a call and offer me a position because they actually take the time to call the references listed in your application, which is something I wasn't expecting for a place like this. Training is long, first part consists of you watching videos about the company and learning about their expectations and guidelines. Second part was (for me) going straight to floor and basically feeling the sales floor/cashiering out.

Interview Question – Scenarios were given to me that had to do with unsatisfied customers.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – expedited interview process for holidays. Interviewed two at a time. you can clearly tell who would get the job and who wouldn't. Very fast call backs. The interviewer was very nice and warm to us. She explained the process of what would happen after we were hired.

Interview Question – They ask how to handle difficult situations such as not knowing where a product a customer wants is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fast training video. you mostly just learn on the job.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2013.

Interview Details – Basic...met with DM, had a brief overview. Scheduled a phone interview. Met with the former SM , had another face-to-Face interview. Reference checks, back ground checks, offer given in 2 weeks.

Negotiation Details – Straight forward/ received what I asked for

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!