Bath & Body Works Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.2

Cashier Interview

I am good with communicate with customers and telling them new products about the store .I can handle a store , I am a manger where I have my employers know their positions for the day .

Interview Questions
    I would be about to negotiate that I am a hard worker who shows a lot of interest in what I am doing .I would give me about an 8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in March 2011.

Interviewing process is done in a group setting where each person takes a turn answering their question. In someways, it's a set up to see who can out-do the others around them and pick the one person out of the group who they think is qualified for the job. Actually getting hired depends on when they decide to call you back. I didn't hear from them for two months.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really a negotiation phase. Just a phone call, and then immediate training.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

Asked basic questions on retail experience and how you would fit in. Shown a video on sales transactions and interactions with customers. Had to pick out what would be done differently and what you thought was wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult if you are already experienced in retail.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2010.

Walk-in your application if you can. Resume is appreciated as well. I walked in my application to a manager and was asked to interview that day for later that week. The interview itself was a little more intense than other retail jobs I have had- alot of sales scenario based questions.

Interview Questions
    • (had me role play a sale by having me recommend my favorite products)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applied and got a one-on-one interview with the store manager. Experience was overall good but having knowledge of some of the products beforehand will definitely help you out considering some of the questions have to do with your personal favorite product & why it's your favorite.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had good customer service and a time where you had good customer service.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Meet with the store manager and then the DM. The DM will normally call and consult the Regional but rarely will you get the interview with her unless it is a very large store.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. What would you do with a certain type of employee or customers?   View Answer
    No negotiation. This is what we will pay take it or leave it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2010.

Set up personal interview and was hired on the spot. Having to know how friendly to be without being sugary sweet, which can turn some people off completely. I like to try and make a connection to the interviewer, and then build upon that. I like to also get to know a bit about the person who is interviewing me as well. Helps to break the ice and seem like you are both on an equal playing field versus feeling intimidated by not knowing what the person who is doing the interview is thinking. Always try to find something similar in common to touch on. Helps to feel a bond if you will with the other person.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can benefit our company?   View Answer
    There were no negotiations.

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Filled out an application and was called in by a manager for a Group interview. Received a phone call after that I was one of the most memorable from the interview and was hired.

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

While I understand the need for group interviews, especially at holiday time, I did not appreciate not being told in advance that I would be participating in one. I was under the impression that since I have spent many years as a manager I would be given an individual interview. The worst part was that I am an adult with many years experience and I was grouped with approximately ten girls who had not yet graduated high school and was virtually ignored, in spite of my trying to make the best of it and participate anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. This was a group interview for sales positions. They seemed more interested in filling the store with bodies to cover the sales floor than getting to know anyone individually, or even if they had any ability to learn the products or upsell or anything.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

My interview was supposed to be a group interview but no one but myself showed up so I had a solo interview. The manager and I went into the back and she interviewed me and then about 2 weeks later I got an offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite product in the store and why? Describe a time you had good customer service and a time you had bad customer service.   Answer Question

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!