Bath & Body Works

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.1

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Multiple phone and in person interviews that took several weeks. Started with three calls then four in person. They were accommodating with interviewing destinations. Looking back, however, the role description given in the process is no were close to what is actual your role. I learned to do more research on any role after my experience with Bath&Body.

No negation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I was contacted by the manager directly to attend a group interview. The manager took us to the stock room, sat us down in a semi-circle and had a round-robin-style interview session. We were asked questions about how we would handle specific types of sales (especially to disinterested customers). The interview was very comfortable and the manager was great at setting everyone at ease.

After the interview, I was later contacted to come in for training. Some of my training included watching safety videos and learning about proper stock room techniques. I also had access to an enormous amount of literature concerning better sales techniques, product descriptions, and company history.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you sell this perfume (which had very bright top notes and a musky base) to a nurse?"   View Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I submitted my application in person and got called in two days later for an interview with the assistant manager. The interview was pretty easy. Just make sure to research the company values beforehand and be somewhat familiar with the product. Emphasize in the interview how important customer service is, how you love working with a team in an upbeat, fast-paced environment, and how hard you work.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to pick out my favorite lotion in the store and "demo" the product.   View Answer
    They said that they would like to hire me, and they told me a day that they would start training me. They said they'd start me at minimum wage, $9/hr - but when I got my first paycheck I was happily surprised to see I was actually started at $9.10/hr

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applications are printed and handed in in person to gauge prospect. Interviews are done in groups and are filled with mostly "How would you deal with this?" and "What product would you suggest for this?" type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to pick an item from the store and "sell it" to the interviewer.   Answer Question

CSL Interview

Application in store- called in immediately. Interviewed 2 times offered job and accepted. Trained 2 weeks and began work- very easy process. Research the company and understand conversion. BE PREPARED BEFORE ANY INTERVIEW AND THE JOB IS YOURS!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

very simple and quick interview, the really only ask you to tell about your self and then ask what you would do if a customer were to ask you a question

Interview Questions
    • Ask what you would do if a customer were to ask you a question   Answer Question
    i wasnt able to negotiate very much

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Straight forward, typical retail interview with district manager and regional manager depending on your store volume. Based on your ability to develop team, game plan based on analysis and rally team around long term goal

Interview Questions
    They have a salary range that they stick to. Based on your experience they will offer what's fair.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applied online. Got a phone call to come in. Came in and filled out an application. Went into the backroom for interview. Store had just opened so not busy. Got to hear some of the sales associates interact with customers. Everyone was very friendly and upbeat. Store looks amazing. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Why do you want to workb at Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. But was hopeful to get more hours based on sales.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I got hired , they called me 4 days after.
    Really easy interview.
    Be friendly .
    Pick out your favorite item , and tell us how you will sell it.
    I had no job before, but i volunteered
    The lady called my references.
    If you don't get a call after a week you didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    Just take what is offerd.

Store Associate Interview

It was quick and easy questions. I went with a group of people. The interview took about 10 to 15 minutes. They asked common questions. For the next few days, the store manager will contact you and offer the job.