Bath & Body Works Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.1

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

There were two open positions in my area. I interviewed with one of the store managers first and a few days later interviewed with both her and the district manager. The DM then asked me to interviewed with the store manager from the second store that also had an opening, thinking that it would be a better fit for business needs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have motivated a team with lackluster morale.   Answer Question
    • How have you contributed to recruiting and building talented teams?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Came in for an interview about 4 days after filling out the application. it was short, straight to the point. Structured interview. Easy questions. Took a selling assessment and had to sell the product to the manager. Very simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in April 2015.

Interview

I heard that a location at a local mall was hiring. So I went in and asked a woman on the floor if she was hiring, it turns out she was the hiring manager, she went behind the counter and handed me an application. She said she was giving someone an interview a few hours later and asked if I was willing to come in at the same time. I wasn't dressed for an interview (I was wearing a shirt dress and jeans) she said it was no big deal, as she got some of her best associates off the street and interviewed in similar outfits. Me and one other girl were being interviewed together, the 3 of us sat in a back room and got asked a few basic interview questions. We were told to pick a favorite product and sell it to the manager. The interview lasted at most a half hour. She said she would let us know within 3 days if we got hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Bath and Body Works?
      Why did you pick the product you chose?
      Sell me the product you chose.
      Do you mind testing the products on customers?

Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Loganville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Just stay calm and confident. Simple questions and scenarios. Easiest interview I've ever had. You will need to pick out your favorite scent and try to convince your interviewer why he/she should purchase it. Be creative and ALWAYS BE YOURSELF! Do not be fake at all. This job is not for you if you can't be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer wanted to return a used candle?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if there were only 2 people working you being one of them and you had to unload boxes and also keep the guests happy and sell the products along with great customer service with just you and your manager? How would you get it all done?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about BBW?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had trouble with a rude customer.   Answer Question

The hours aren't that great and the pay could be better. You have to work up to more hours if you want them and you have on calls at least twice a week.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruited by Regional Director. Followed up by Regional recruiter. Phone interview with Regional recruiter. Process was very professional with both the recruiter and Regional Director. Overall the experience was very good. I am definitely impressed with this organization and would enjoy an opportunity to serve them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based interview questions.   1 Answer

Still in the interview process.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview that took about 30 minutes.The interview was pretty easy nothing to be nervous about unless you are shy. If you want to keep the job you have to work hard at sales to move up to a part time employee

Interview Questions

• Choose your favorite scent then you sell to the manger and other group members
      Tell me something about yourself
      How do you handle a customer who does not want help

Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

I participated in two phone interviews - one with a senior store manager within the district who was on track to become a district manager, and one with the store manager of the location I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle concerns about being a new joining an already-established team?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

I was recruited vis LinkedIn. The previous store manager had relocated and there was an obvious a rush on upper management's end to fill the position. The district manager set up a relaxed, relatively informal meet-and-greet type interview where we discussed my qualifications, responsibilities, salary, etc. I then had an obligatory phone interview with the regional manager and was offered the position within a day or two.

The whole process was simple and stressless.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and approach to coaching associates.   1 Answer

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

The questions were fine, what made it nerve racking was the fact that it was a group interview. I was asked for a second interview but that's where my game was thrown off because the group was a little larger and got nervous. I would recommend this place only if your up for a group. I think I would have nailed it if it was one on one.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the product that was handed to you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

It was a group interview. The assistant store manager conducted the interview. The assistant store manager would ask a question and everyone would answer it. It was professionally conducted. After that, we explained our favorite product/fragrance and why we liked it. After that, we were asked if we had anything else to say or add. Then, the assistant store manger explained that we will be notified a certain day and if not, we were not hired. This person thanked us and the interviewed process was complete.