Bath & Body Works Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
362 interviews

2.2

-whats your fav fragrance
    whay do you want to work here?
    how would you sell this ( random product)
    They want really friendly, nice people. show up with a smile so they can consider you...so serious

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2014.

Applied in person asked me to come in next to be interviewed by co-manager it wasn't that difficult asked us for a demo, why bbw, and other questions. I'm still waiting for their call!

Anonymous Employee  in  Humble, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2014.

The interview was very easy. It was me and 4 other girls. The hiring manager was very cool maybe to cool. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. Easy questions. It was more personal questions than work ethic questions. If i could do it all over again I would just because it was a group interview and not a 1:1.

No hours, and low pay.

Anonymous Employee  in  Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in July 2014.

I went in one day and asked for an application, filled it out and turned it in the next day. I got a call that same day for an interview several days later. It was a group interview with about five other people. She asked us simple questions and asked us to introduce ourselves, nothing too difficult. This was my very first interview ever and it was not too difficult or stressful. The manager that interviewed us was very bubbly and talkative. We only had an hour for our interview and because she did talk quite a bit (she was SO nice and welcoming!) we only had the opportunity to answer about three or four questions each. Make sure that if your interviewer is the same way, you make comments and agree often with him/her. I am still waiting to hear back if I got another one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult of them all was to sell a product to your partner in front of the entire interview group. Other questions included describing a time when you gave/received exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I went in with a recommendation. I went in got my application, went back the next day to turn it in. I was asked simple questions by both managers and got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

I gave my application to the hiring manager and made small talk with her the same day I got the interview. It was a night interview as well.

It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed up. I arrived ten minutes early, but I had to wait about twenty minutes for the interview to actually start.

The questions were fairly easy and expected. They were things like: What's your favorite scent and why? How did you settle a conflict at work or at school? Why did you apply for the job? Things like that.The mood was friendly and light. I thought it was great!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer came in with a used candle and wanted to return it?   View Answer
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. She just told me that I got the job and if I could start that weekend. The used the hourly pay rate I placed on the application which was $8.00.

Sales Associate Interview

Apply inside at store, wear something nice, be sure not to catch the store when it is too busy, then ask to see manager in order to drop off app. They will call all your references then call you in for a quick interview, hire you on spot and do your I-9 papers and what not.

Sales Associate Interview

A friend referred my to the manager. I had a 5 minute interview before starting training. They just needed bodies so I don't think they really prepared for interviews. The managers were just happy to get people to work there and were very flexible with the hours.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a conversation to make sure that you can communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

You can become a sales leader by being a external candidate or internal candidate depending on the experience. You will have a initial interview with the store manager, then a second interview usually over the phone with another store manager, and if you did good with them both you will have a 3rd face to face interview with the district manager. The store manager will be the one to decide if you will be offered the job or not, the district manager just adds their opinion about you.

Interview Questions
    • Be very detailed on why you think you should be a sales leader how can you drive sales? what would you like to do differently to improve sales (if internal candidate)?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

What I expected. Phone first, then District Manager. Questions were basic and focused on customer service and problem solving. Not too long, although the process now involves an additional store manager interviewing you or a "panel" interview.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!