Bath & Body Works Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Drop off application, wait for a week or so to hear back, then a group interview. When you arrive you'll be asked to pick out your favorite product. During the group interview there are several basics questions and they will have you talk about your favorite product you picked out.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was extremely efficient and after two interviews was offered a position. The training takes about 5 hours and then you are put on the floor. They love to hear about product knowledge so any information you have on any of the products is great to use in the interview. Also, having an extremely positive attitude will help. Any chance you can to talk about your favorite BBW products, or how you would recommend products to a potential customer is looked highly on.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they would ask about some of the smaller brands carried in the store. I wasn't an avid BBW shopper before I was hired and had little to no knowledge of some products I was asked about.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was very short. I originally applied to be a seasonal sales associate, but ended up staying on after the holidays were over. They needed help right away, plus I knew the store manager at the time, so I want to say I applied and interviewed all within a day or two. Obviously, I was not interviewed by the store manager because of our familiarity. I instead interviewed with the assistant manager. The interview was very short, very simple. I don't remember specific questions, but I do recall discussing my past customer service experience. This was obviously a plus. I ultimately accepted the offered position and stayed on for about 3 years, was promoted once, and worked in a few different stores (though not at once).

Interview Questions
    • The company, and all of its related brands, has a specific policy regarding theft. I was not prepared to give an answer that complied with their policies. It ended up fine though - you have to learn the policies and how to deal with them anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Simple questions about retail experience and customer service experience. You pick out a product and try to sell it. Usually a group interview. You also watch some video clips where you describe what you would do with each scenario and share you answer.

Interview Questions
    • What you would do in different scenarios as well as any other scenarios you have dealt with before in the past.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

Went into the store with an application I printed off the computer, and asked to speak with a manager and the women I was talking with actually was the manager, so I asked if I could drop off an application and resume. She was very nice and thanked me by first name (she glanced at my application) for applying and that she was going to pass it along to her store manager. About two weeks later I got a phone call from the store manager to come in for a group interview. She made sure I was aware that it was a group interview. I showed up on-time for the interview, I was running a little later than I prepared for. When I walked in there were a group of girls standing around and the store manager looked at me and asked me my name and then told me to go pick out a fragrance and bring it with me. Then we all went to the back of the store, there were 5 of us being interviewed. The other girls being interviewed seemed young almost like they could have still been in high school. The interview process was easy, it was a lot about the store and what their expectations are and how their seasonal employees work. Asked probably 3 or 4 questions to answer ourselves and then were asked to sell the fragrance to the person sitting next to us. Then more talking about the company and how many people were going to be needed to be hired for their season. Overall easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Sell the fragrance you picked out to the person sitting next to you.   View Answer
    No negotiation, offered more than what was expected.

Seasonal Sales Associate - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

My experience with Bath & Body Works interview was amazing! I would first like to highlight how fast the process was. It literally took 4 days. I turned my application in on a Monday. Tuesday, I was called to schedule an interview for the next day. Wednesday, I had my interview. It lasted for about 10 to 15 minutes. The lady was very nice. She asked me to tell her about myself, what my favorite scent at Bath & Body Works was, and how often I shopped there. She also asked why I wanted to work there, verified my availability, and verified my age. That was the whole interview! She explained the dress code to me - White tops, denim or khaki pants, and somewhat dressy shoes (flats, wedges, ect.) On Thursday (today - 10/9/14), I was called and offered the position! My training starts Wednesday, 10/22/14!

Interview Questions
    I didn't need to negotiate because I had a very flexible schedule. No college, no other jobs, and nothing to get in the way. I'm also able to work all the major holidays, I'm sure that was a plus!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

Was a group interview, which I was not told that it would be! I am twice the age of all the candidates, so felt discriminated against because the focus was on all the 'younger' girls and felt I was ignored. Told that they would make calls soon. Never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. But the same question was asked to all candidates. By the time the question was asked of the fifth person in the group (myself), everyone else had ALL given the same answer! You pretty much tell them what they want to hear, so there is not much of a variance. Group was told if hired, the job is more of an audition and your hours are based on your previous sales. Very disappointed!   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

I had a group interview with the hiring manager and a few other really nice girls. The interview went well. I was asked the typical interview questions and I had to show how I would sell one of their products. Make sure you know something about the company beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions, but make sure you have some stories such as a time when you showed great customer service or a time when you exceeded someone's expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Submitted an application and was called a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with a bunch of other girls. Watched a video and took notes on it.

Interview Questions
    • Was only asked one question: why do you want to work for Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    They offer a pay rate. Not much negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I am good with communicate with customers and telling them new products about the store .I can handle a store , I am a manger where I have my employers know their positions for the day .

Interview Questions
    I would be about to negotiate that I am a hard worker who shows a lot of interest in what I am doing .I would give me about an 8