Bath & Body Works

Average Difficulty
345 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – So I got an interview right away when I applied in person.. I was scared about the group interview. There was six of us in total. We went to the back room and it was uncomfortable. I have no experienced what so ever. The manager was so peppy and bubbly. Four out of six girls were confident. I wasn't confident and she didn't ask me questions because I told her I didn't have experience but will be a hard worker. She loved bubbly and talkative girls and of course I wasn't one of them. This was my first group interview. I studied online for the interview questions turns out she didn't even ask just 'Tell me about yourself' and sell the product to your partner. This girl worked at in the company before and when the manager asked her the 'tell me about yourself' question and she talked through it and went straight to selling the product with massaging the hand with lotion. She was so sweet and talkative!The manager immediately said she was hired. I would've too! She said at the end 'on the scale 1 through 10 how well did you think you did?' I said 8 and the other shy girl said 8. The other girls said 11 or 12. Say anything above 11 lol

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about yourself:
Talk about your school and major then talk about your work experience. If your don't have experience, talk about important skills you have and similar volunteer work (or be bubbly and talk about things you might have in common.)
2)Selling the product:
I found it weird putting lotion and massaging hands. Make a connection with your customer and tell them details about the lotion. Give your opinion about the lotion. Make a joke. Making a joke is a great way to be noticed.
BE CONFIDENT! I'm serious. You could fake it. I was too shy and the retail world wants talkative and bubbly people.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Bath & Body Works

Interview Details – It was a group interview, most of the questions were about myself. They also ask you to pick out a product and sell it. It was a pretty easy interview. Just be yourself and know a little about the company.

Interview Question – Know their return policy   Answer Question

Douglasville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2012.

Interview Details – I took in my application and handed it to the manager in-store, a few days later I got a phone call to set up a group interview. The interview consisted of an assistant manager, myself, and 5 other people. We were asked before the interview to pick out our favorite Bath & Body Works scents and in the interview we were asked to explain what we liked about it and how we could sell it. We were asked questions about sales situations and ethical based questions as well. We were also asked about how we had handled certain situations from previous experiences. Over all it was a relaxing process and easy.

Interview Question – There were none I found to be difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate
Matteson, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview I had was a group interview. We were all asked the same questions. It wasn't bad. There was one girl there who I knew would get the job because she had a personality that anyone could be drawn to. I didn't get the job, but I took what I could from that girl because I'm horrible at interviews. If I ever get an interview with this company, I know what to do next time.

Interview Question – Pick an item from the store, show us how you would sell it, and tell us why you chose this item.   Answer Question

Victorville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We ached picked an item from the store that we liked and then met in the back to practice sales techniques in front of one another. That was followed by a series of "open floor" questions. We sat in a circle and just threw out answers. I noticed that a few people did not answer many of the questions. They were not at orientation.

Interview Question – A time at work when you had to problem solve...?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was standard. $9.25 / hr?
Yes, please.
Ok, you're hired.

Cashier + Sales Interview

Cashier + Sales
Mesquite, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2013.

Interview Details – Called on phone then told when to come in. Had to watch film on company.

Interview Question – How did you handle difficult situations at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an average interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was approached at my current job by a manager of the local Bath & Bodyworks outlet. She was impressed with the service she got from me, and said I could drop by to pick up an application if I was interested in a position as a seasonal employee.

I picked up the application, and dropped it off a few days later, completed. The manager set me up for an interview, a few weeks away, when I dropped off the filled out form, and was told it would be a group interview. She asked that I call the morning of the interview to confirm I would be there, so I did.

The interview consisted of the manager, myself, and two other girls. Before the interview began we were asked to pick out our favorite product from the shelves. One other person was supposed to be a part of our group, but never showed. We went around the room answering the manager's questions while she wrote notes down about what we said. At the end she asked us to tell her about the product we had chosen, and why it was our favorite.

After the interview she mentioned she would check all our references and we would get a phone call with an offer if they were interested in hiring us. After 10 days I got a phone call, with a job offer. I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were helped by an associate at another store, and how the experience effected you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the application had a blank space for your asking pay. I was offered slightly less than what I asked, but I accepted anyway.

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Herndon, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in April 2013.

Interview Details – Came in the store, got an application, discussed with manager for dates to come back in and had no problem scheduling that. Came in for interview in business casual (maybe overdressed a little compared to everyone else dressed very casual). Just always reflect back to previous work experiences so you can explain how you will perform in this job. If you have no previous work experience use school projects or volunteer positions as examples.

Interview Question – I wasn't really thrown off by any questions they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start small but explain how your work experience and skills could put you at a higher rate. I personally had no problem, manager was pretty reasonable.

Full Time Sales Lead Interview

Full Time Sales Lead
Altoona, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in July 2013.

Interview Details – Talk about the customer experience during the interview. They will love you!

Interview Question – Situational Questions!   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview which was great!

Interview Question – For the most part the questions were very repetitive which focused on how you would deal with a difficult customer or referring back to a time when you had a hard time with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its minimum wage starting as a sales associate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bath & Body Works