Bath & Body Works

Relevance Date Difficulty

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – Never had a face to face. Was hired over the phone. Recruiter called me, and offered me the position, mailed me all the paperwork and set up training. It was odd because they never wanted to meet me in person to speak with anyone local, but I was fine with that.

Negotiation Details – Made an offer and I accepted. NO negotiating.

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2013.

Interview Details – I walked into a store one day, asked for an application, filled it out in about twenty minutes, got an interview the next day, and got hired that very same day. However, easy come, easy go, as they say. I was interviewed with one other girl and we both got the job. It was a very easy interview. You don't need very much experience at all to work here, as I had none and it was a piece of cake getting the job. Everything happens very fast though! We were trained over the course of a week and then left on our own. After they hire you, you will need your social security card and birth certificate so you can fill out tax paperwork. Once that's said and done, you'll watch an hour long training video that even the managers don't take too seriously.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for an entry level position here. Every sales associate at my store made minimum wage.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – Two month process. Had to wait five weeks to get interviw with district manager Had three interviews. as you prgress with company you will interview with home office, regional manager

Negotiation Details – This company will negogiate salary and benefits.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – The process wasn't bad at all, just a few questions. It was going to be a group interview, but there was only one other person. I ended up getting the job and the other girl didn't get an offer.

Temporay Sales Lead Interview

Temporay Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – Interview was professional but personal, and I was informed of hiring within days.I met with a manager in the back room and she interviewed me personally, and then group training took place once I was hired. I have also seen group interviews take place to ensure how applicants perform when others are around.

Interview Question – Asked to sell my favorite product to the manager, which was nerve-wracking at best.   View Answer

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring can be internal or external and candidates who are qualified are typically offered a position within two weeks if not sooner. Questions include opinions on sales, products, demoing product and situations that may occur.

Interview Question – How would you diffuse a situation that is becoming increasingly more volatile if you are the only manager on duty.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy and very straightforward, managers will typically do their best to get you a competitive starting rate with available raises every year.

Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through a listing on the mall's website for job opening sin the mall. I called in about a week or week and half later to see if they received the application, where they scheduled an interview date. It was a group interview of four plus the hiring manager. They asked us to pick out our favorite product and sell it to them. It was a generally open conversation between everyone there. The interview was held in their backroom (which for that store was very small and a little messy). After the interview was done I received a call in about a week offering the job, which I accepted and then continued on in the training process.

Interview Question – Different customer scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have previous employment they may match your wages from there (they did for me).

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – printed out an application and handed in to manager... received a call back for a group interview.. received job on spot and had my references verified but never heard back to start working

Interview Question – you choose a scent or item in the store and explain why you chose it   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – So I got an interview right away when I applied in person.. I was scared about the group interview. There was six of us in total. We went to the back room and it was uncomfortable. I have no experienced what so ever. The manager was so peppy and bubbly. Four out of six girls were confident. I wasn't confident and she didn't ask me questions because I told her I didn't have experience but will be a hard worker. She loved bubbly and talkative girls and of course I wasn't one of them. This was my first group interview. I studied online for the interview questions turns out she didn't even ask just 'Tell me about yourself' and sell the product to your partner. This girl worked at in the company before and when the manager asked her the 'tell me about yourself' question and she talked through it and went straight to selling the product with massaging the hand with lotion. She was so sweet and talkative!The manager immediately said she was hired. I would've too! She said at the end 'on the scale 1 through 10 how well did you think you did?' I said 8 and the other shy girl said 8. The other girls said 11 or 12. Say anything above 11 lol

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about yourself:
Talk about your school and major then talk about your work experience. If your don't have experience, talk about important skills you have and similar volunteer work (or be bubbly and talk about things you might have in common.)
2)Selling the product:
I found it weird putting lotion and massaging hands. Make a connection with your customer and tell them details about the lotion. Give your opinion about the lotion. Make a joke. Making a joke is a great way to be noticed.
BE CONFIDENT! I'm serious. You could fake it. I was too shy and the retail world wants talkative and bubbly people.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Bath & Body Works

Interview Details – It was a group interview, most of the questions were about myself. They also ask you to pick out a product and sell it. It was a pretty easy interview. Just be yourself and know a little about the company.

Interview Question – Know their return policy   Answer Question