Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Very easy. They called me the next day I left my application. they interviewed me and offered me the job right away. They didn't do a group interview with me because I couldn't assist the day that they do the group interviews, so I had a 1:1 interview and I think that helped me a lot! The guy who interviewed me was incredibly nice and explained absolutely everything to me.

Interview Questions

• If I called your current manager right now and asked him what are your weakest point where you need o improve, what would he tell me?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

-Group Interview (9 people total)
    The manager instructed us to walk around the store and find our favorite product because we were going to do a "show and tell" later. We went into the back and watched a video that highlighted what an excellent sales associate is like and how they interact with the customers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself.
      2.What did you notice about the sales associate in the video?
      3, What techniques did the sales associate in the video use?

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Hampton, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to call for a job offer took 4 days. Easy and small group interview, very informal to make the applicants comfortable. Very friendly and easygoing staff. We had to choose our favorite product and mock sell it to the interviewer. Creativity in this will impress and make you stand out. Only con was they messed up the time for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who does not want your help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Super easy; manager was laid back and friendly. Overall it was one of the easiest interviews I have had but I think my resume helped to make the interview flow which entail made it easier. It was short and the manager got straight to the point with her questions. She answered all of my questions and never rushed me or the interview as a whole.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly, and the manager I interviewed with was very kind, and wasn't intimidating. I arrived a few minutes early, and the questioning process only took about 10 or 15 minutes max. This interview was one of the most relaxed, simplistic, and straight-to-the-point that I've ever experienced; and for that I am thankful. You should come to this interview dressed as casual, or dressy-casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Bath & Body Works? Which of our products do you like? What is your availability like? Tell me one instance that was a bad work experience for you? Tell me one instance that was a good work experience for you? Do you have any experience in retail? Do you have any questions for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Green Bay, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

My process was a little bit different than most peoples. Basically I was just shopping as a customer when I started talking to one of the regional managers and she told me to apply. I filled out the application and handed it to her right there. They asked me a few questions on the spot and then set up an actual interview on a different date. I dressed business casual and she just asked me a few questions but I could see that she already had a schedule for me written down. The managers were amazing and she made sure that I knew that this job isn't for someone who wants to pay their bills with it. I loved the honesty and everyone that I met there has been very kind so far!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer comes in and wants to return a used 3-wick candle?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a customer comes in?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Quick & easy interview. I was given the wrong time for interview so I ended up being late and interviewed individually instead of in a group setting. I was asked to come in for training soon after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here as opposed to some other store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was a one-on-one interview. asked about availability, what my favorite product was and why, and was asked to sell a product to her and to demo it. got offered a sales associate position about a week after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (Texas City, TX).

Interview

It was a group interview. With simple questions. They ask each of us a different question at first and then would ask us a question all together. Near the end they asked I any of us had any questions for them. The end of the interview we basically had to try to sell a product to the group. We had to make them want to buy it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How good are your people skills?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever bought anything from bath and body works before?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked on a cash register before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works (North Little Rock, AR).

Interview

The interview was a group interview in which we were all involved and was very motivating and helpful. The questions asked were enriching and helped us think about our answers before speaking.

Interview Questions

• What motives you to sell? Is job advancement important to you? How would you rate customer service?   Answer Question