Bath & Body Works

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.1

269 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I was contacted by the manager directly to attend a group interview. The manager took us to the stock room, sat us down in a semi-circle and had a round-robin-style interview session. We were asked questions about how we would handle specific types of sales (especially to disinterested customers). The interview was very comfortable and the manager was great at setting everyone at ease.

After the interview, I was later contacted to come in for training. Some of my training included watching safety videos and learning about proper stock room techniques. I also had access to an enormous amount of literature concerning better sales techniques, product descriptions, and company history.

Interview Questions
  • "How would you sell this perfume (which had very bright top notes and a musky base) to a nurse?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applications are printed and handed in in person to gauge prospect. Interviews are done in groups and are filled with mostly "How would you deal with this?" and "What product would you suggest for this?" type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to pick an item from the store and "sell it" to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Drop off application, wait for a week or so to hear back, then a group interview. When you arrive you'll be asked to pick out your favorite product. During the group interview there are several basics questions and they will have you talk about your favorite product you picked out.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was very short. I originally applied to be a seasonal sales associate, but ended up staying on after the holidays were over. They needed help right away, plus I knew the store manager at the time, so I want to say I applied and interviewed all within a day or two. Obviously, I was not interviewed by the store manager because of our familiarity. I instead interviewed with the assistant manager. The interview was very short, very simple. I don't remember specific questions, but I do recall discussing my past customer service experience. This was obviously a plus. I ultimately accepted the offered position and stayed on for about 3 years, was promoted once, and worked in a few different stores (though not at once).

Interview Questions
    • The company, and all of its related brands, has a specific policy regarding theft. I was not prepared to give an answer that complied with their policies. It ended up fine though - you have to learn the policies and how to deal with them anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Simple questions about retail experience and customer service experience. You pick out a product and try to sell it. Usually a group interview. You also watch some video clips where you describe what you would do with each scenario and share you answer.

Interview Questions
    • What you would do in different scenarios as well as any other scenarios you have dealt with before in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was extremely efficient and after two interviews was offered a position. The training takes about 5 hours and then you are put on the floor. They love to hear about product knowledge so any information you have on any of the products is great to use in the interview. Also, having an extremely positive attitude will help. Any chance you can to talk about your favorite BBW products, or how you would recommend products to a potential customer is looked highly on.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they would ask about some of the smaller brands carried in the store. I wasn't an avid BBW shopper before I was hired and had little to no knowledge of some products I was asked about.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

Was called in for an interview, looking to be hired for seasonal help. All went well, except honestly the overwhelming scent in the store of multiple perfumes mixed together gave me a headache within about 10 minutes! Hopefully this is something I would have just gotten used to. I had a brief (15 minute) interview with the assistant manager who asked normal questions about my experience and seemed really nice. I was offered the job but turned it down as I was also offered a job at another retailer...and B&B Works has a policy where you are expected to be "on call" for many of your days... where you have to call in one hour before to see if you are needed and then expected to be there if they do... or they schedule you for 4 hours and then a second 4 hour shift later in the day... so basically your entire day from 10 am to 8 pm revolves around work but you are only paid from 10-2 and then 4-8 so they don't have to give you a paid break. This scheduling system turned me off from working there so I took the other job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

I asked for an application after I read online the store was hiring. I asked the sales associate about the job and she told me to talk to the manager on the floor, which she thought would impress her. Both of them were friendly. When I returned the application, they went through it with me then and there and scheduled my interview. My interview was one-on-one with the manager in the stock room. It was very laid-back and comfortable. The manager called two days later with an offer and I acceoted.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were praised for your customer service.   Answer Question
    • What did you learn and what skills did you gain at your previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why Bath & Body Works?   Answer Question
    • If you were assigned to restocking, how would you positively impact sales at the same time?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because they offered what I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

Was a group interview, which I was not told that it would be! I am twice the age of all the candidates, so felt discriminated against because the focus was on all the 'younger' girls and felt I was ignored. Told that they would make calls soon. Never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. But the same question was asked to all candidates. By the time the question was asked of the fifth person in the group (myself), everyone else had ALL given the same answer! You pretty much tell them what they want to hear, so there is not much of a variance. Group was told if hired, the job is more of an audition and your hours are based on your previous sales. Very disappointed!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac Mills, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac Mills, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2014.

I applied in person, and was called within 5 days for an interview.

Holy RUDE. This hiring manager was the worst. She kicked 2 people out of the group interview before we even started. Employees appeared to be afraid of her, and it was a really uncomfortable environment. She had the worst attitude, and I'm not kidding you, interrupted me literally every time I spoke. I can't believe the amount of yelling she did during this interview.

When you get there, you have to choose a product to use during the interview. They asked me what I would recommend to my friends, what to do if a customer doesn't want your help, and there was role play greeting a customer.

They called me back for the position, and I turned it down because it seemed to be a hostile/ uncomfortable workplace.