Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.1

257 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was extremely efficient and after two interviews was offered a position. The training takes about 5 hours and then you are put on the floor. They love to hear about product knowledge so any information you have on any of the products is great to use in the interview. Also, having an extremely positive attitude will help. Any chance you can to talk about your favorite BBW products, or how you would recommend products to a potential customer is looked highly on.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was when they would ask about some of the smaller brands carried in the store. I wasn't an avid BBW shopper before I was hired and had little to no knowledge of some products I was asked about.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The hiring process was very short. I originally applied to be a seasonal sales associate, but ended up staying on after the holidays were over. They needed help right away, plus I knew the store manager at the time, so I want to say I applied and interviewed all within a day or two. Obviously, I was not interviewed by the store manager because of our familiarity. I instead interviewed with the assistant manager. The interview was very short, very simple. I don't remember specific questions, but I do recall discussing my past customer service experience. This was obviously a plus. I ultimately accepted the offered position and stayed on for about 3 years, was promoted once, and worked in a few different stores (though not at once).

Interview Questions
    • The company, and all of its related brands, has a specific policy regarding theft. I was not prepared to give an answer that complied with their policies. It ended up fine though - you have to learn the policies and how to deal with them anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Simple questions about retail experience and customer service experience. You pick out a product and try to sell it. Usually a group interview. You also watch some video clips where you describe what you would do with each scenario and share you answer.

Interview Questions
    • What you would do in different scenarios as well as any other scenarios you have dealt with before in the past.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Submitted an application and was called a couple of weeks later to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with a bunch of other girls. Watched a video and took notes on it.

Interview Questions
    • Was only asked one question: why do you want to work for Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    They offer a pay rate. Not much negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

My interview was supposed to be a group interview but no one but myself showed up so I had a solo interview. The manager and I went into the back and she interviewed me and then about 2 weeks later I got an offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite product in the store and why? Describe a time you had good customer service and a time you had bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applied and got a one-on-one interview with the store manager. Experience was overall good but having knowledge of some of the products beforehand will definitely help you out considering some of the questions have to do with your personal favorite product & why it's your favorite.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had good customer service and a time where you had good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

While I understand the need for group interviews, especially at holiday time, I did not appreciate not being told in advance that I would be participating in one. I was under the impression that since I have spent many years as a manager I would be given an individual interview. The worst part was that I am an adult with many years experience and I was grouped with approximately ten girls who had not yet graduated high school and was virtually ignored, in spite of my trying to make the best of it and participate anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. This was a group interview for sales positions. They seemed more interested in filling the store with bodies to cover the sales floor than getting to know anyone individually, or even if they had any ability to learn the products or upsell or anything.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2014.

Went to the store and asked for an application. Filled it out in like 20 min. and handed it into a manager. He looked it over and asked why I want to work for them. I got a phone call to schedule an interview about a week later. The day of the interview I showed up and wasn't expecting it to be a group interview. I though I would get the job because the people in the group didn't seem to want the job and one of the people showed up about 15 min. late. At the end of it the co manager said she's check our references and get back to us within the next 2 days after net hearing back for a week I called them and they said they were still checking them. Still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2014.

Well I turned in application in person and asked for a manager, on the most part she was very kind and we talked a little bit on my previous job experience. Roughly the week after I was called in for an interview, it was me and 3 other people. The assistant manager asked us to get an item off the floor and try to sell it to her, and later on went on the floor to see how the sales associates do their thing and we also had to sell something, greet customers and give good customer experience even if you were just in an interview. Which was difficult seeing that we are all dressed really formal and talking to people that don't think we work there. Overall it was nice but I don't see the point of just diving all in trying to sell something on the spot without knowing what the procedure is.

I end up getting the job offer 2 weeks for seasonal staff only right now.

You wear the formal nothing in particular, be ready to stand out and always try to answer first and prepare questions.

Interview Questions
    • Get something on the floor and sell it to me. (Mention your own personal opinion on the item, and they also like if you talk about layering and up selling while you do it)

Go on the sells floor and try to observe the employees, and also try to sell something or help a customer out. (if you really want the job greet everyone that walks into the store and offer assistants, and offer some products and stuff to sell to them.)
        Answer Question
    I didn't they offered me the job starting at $9.85 an hour which is pretty good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied instore and that day the managr told me she was doing group interviews that same week, the interview was NBD it was 40 min it only felt like 10. It was a group intrview just trying to get to know you really. at the end she said she isn't even hiring atm she just wanted to see whos out there... so yea. but it went pretty well i think i will get a call when they are hiring.