Bath & Body Works

Average Difficulty
236 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bath & Body Works

Interview Details – Very personable and comfortable interview process. The manager wore casual clothing and did not try to sound like she was above me in any way. I automatically knew that I had the job by the end of the interview just by how well it was going.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – It was a quick interview, the manager who interviewed me actually presented me with more scenarios than actual questions. Most of the time, she let me know how things worked in the store and mostly during sale season. The more important questions you're presented with is your availability and the basic "weakness" question, as well as what you're looking to take from your time there. It took a good two weeks or more for them to actually give me a call and offer me a position because they actually take the time to call the references listed in your application, which is something I wasn't expecting for a place like this. Training is long, first part consists of you watching videos about the company and learning about their expectations and guidelines. Second part was (for me) going straight to floor and basically feeling the sales floor/cashiering out.

Interview Question – Scenarios were given to me that had to do with unsatisfied customers.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – expedited interview process for holidays. Interviewed two at a time. you can clearly tell who would get the job and who wouldn't. Very fast call backs. The interviewer was very nice and warm to us. She explained the process of what would happen after we were hired.

Interview Question – They ask how to handle difficult situations such as not knowing where a product a customer wants is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fast training video. you mostly just learn on the job.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2013.

Interview Details – I walked into a store one day, asked for an application, filled it out in about twenty minutes, got an interview the next day, and got hired that very same day. However, easy come, easy go, as they say. I was interviewed with one other girl and we both got the job. It was a very easy interview. You don't need very much experience at all to work here, as I had none and it was a piece of cake getting the job. Everything happens very fast though! We were trained over the course of a week and then left on our own. After they hire you, you will need your social security card and birth certificate so you can fill out tax paperwork. Once that's said and done, you'll watch an hour long training video that even the managers don't take too seriously.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for an entry level position here. Every sales associate at my store made minimum wage.

Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through a listing on the mall's website for job opening sin the mall. I called in about a week or week and half later to see if they received the application, where they scheduled an interview date. It was a group interview of four plus the hiring manager. They asked us to pick out our favorite product and sell it to them. It was a generally open conversation between everyone there. The interview was held in their backroom (which for that store was very small and a little messy). After the interview was done I received a call in about a week offering the job, which I accepted and then continued on in the training process.

Interview Question – Different customer scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have previous employment they may match your wages from there (they did for me).

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – printed out an application and handed in to manager... received a call back for a group interview.. received job on spot and had my references verified but never heard back to start working

Interview Question – you choose a scent or item in the store and explain why you chose it   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – So I got an interview right away when I applied in person.. I was scared about the group interview. There was six of us in total. We went to the back room and it was uncomfortable. I have no experienced what so ever. The manager was so peppy and bubbly. Four out of six girls were confident. I wasn't confident and she didn't ask me questions because I told her I didn't have experience but will be a hard worker. She loved bubbly and talkative girls and of course I wasn't one of them. This was my first group interview. I studied online for the interview questions turns out she didn't even ask just 'Tell me about yourself' and sell the product to your partner. This girl worked at in the company before and when the manager asked her the 'tell me about yourself' question and she talked through it and went straight to selling the product with massaging the hand with lotion. She was so sweet and talkative!The manager immediately said she was hired. I would've too! She said at the end 'on the scale 1 through 10 how well did you think you did?' I said 8 and the other shy girl said 8. The other girls said 11 or 12. Say anything above 11 lol

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about yourself:
Talk about your school and major then talk about your work experience. If your don't have experience, talk about important skills you have and similar volunteer work (or be bubbly and talk about things you might have in common.)
2)Selling the product:
I found it weird putting lotion and massaging hands. Make a connection with your customer and tell them details about the lotion. Give your opinion about the lotion. Make a joke. Making a joke is a great way to be noticed.
BE CONFIDENT! I'm serious. You could fake it. I was too shy and the retail world wants talkative and bubbly people.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Bath & Body Works

Interview Details – It was a group interview, most of the questions were about myself. They also ask you to pick out a product and sell it. It was a pretty easy interview. Just be yourself and know a little about the company.

Interview Question – Know their return policy   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Douglasville, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2012.

Interview Details – I took in my application and handed it to the manager in-store, a few days later I got a phone call to set up a group interview. The interview consisted of an assistant manager, myself, and 5 other people. We were asked before the interview to pick out our favorite Bath & Body Works scents and in the interview we were asked to explain what we liked about it and how we could sell it. We were asked questions about sales situations and ethical based questions as well. We were also asked about how we had handled certain situations from previous experiences. Over all it was a relaxing process and easy.

Interview Question – There were none I found to be difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Victorville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We ached picked an item from the store that we liked and then met in the back to practice sales techniques in front of one another. That was followed by a series of "open floor" questions. We sat in a circle and just threw out answers. I noticed that a few people did not answer many of the questions. They were not at orientation.

Interview Question – A time at work when you had to problem solve...?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was standard. $9.25 / hr?
Yes, please.
Ok, you're hired.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!