Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

251 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applied and got a one-on-one interview with the store manager. Experience was overall good but having knowledge of some of the products beforehand will definitely help you out considering some of the questions have to do with your personal favorite product & why it's your favorite.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had good customer service and a time where you had good customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

While I understand the need for group interviews, especially at holiday time, I did not appreciate not being told in advance that I would be participating in one. I was under the impression that since I have spent many years as a manager I would be given an individual interview. The worst part was that I am an adult with many years experience and I was grouped with approximately ten girls who had not yet graduated high school and was virtually ignored, in spite of my trying to make the best of it and participate anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. This was a group interview for sales positions. They seemed more interested in filling the store with bodies to cover the sales floor than getting to know anyone individually, or even if they had any ability to learn the products or upsell or anything.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

My interview was supposed to be a group interview but no one but myself showed up so I had a solo interview. The manager and I went into the back and she interviewed me and then about 2 weeks later I got an offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite product in the store and why? Describe a time you had good customer service and a time you had bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2014.

Well I turned in application in person and asked for a manager, on the most part she was very kind and we talked a little bit on my previous job experience. Roughly the week after I was called in for an interview, it was me and 3 other people. The assistant manager asked us to get an item off the floor and try to sell it to her, and later on went on the floor to see how the sales associates do their thing and we also had to sell something, greet customers and give good customer experience even if you were just in an interview. Which was difficult seeing that we are all dressed really formal and talking to people that don't think we work there. Overall it was nice but I don't see the point of just diving all in trying to sell something on the spot without knowing what the procedure is.

You should probably wear formal things you would wear to any interview make sure to be professional and stand out in a group interview always go first or last so the interviewer remembers you better. Also you can't be shy and have to be able to sell and meet quotas.

Interview Questions
    • Get something on the floor and sell it to me. (Mention your own personal opinion on the item, and they also like if you talk about layering and up selling while you do it)

Go on the sells floor and try to observe the employees, and also try to sell something or help a customer out. (if you really want the job greet everyone that walks into the store and offer assistants, and offer some products and stuff to sell to them.)
        Answer Question
    I didn't they offered me the job starting at $9.85 an hour which is pretty good.

Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2014.

Went to the store and asked for an application. Filled it out in like 20 min. and handed it into a manager. He looked it over and asked why I want to work for them. I got a phone call to schedule an interview about a week later. The day of the interview I showed up and wasn't expecting it to be a group interview. I though I would get the job because the people in the group didn't seem to want the job and one of the people showed up about 15 min. late. At the end of it the co manager said she's check our references and get back to us within the next 2 days after net hearing back for a week I called them and they said they were still checking them. Still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied instore and that day the managr told me she was doing group interviews that same week, the interview was NBD it was 40 min it only felt like 10. It was a group intrview just trying to get to know you really. at the end she said she isn't even hiring atm she just wanted to see whos out there... so yea. but it went pretty well i think i will get a call when they are hiring.

-whats your fav fragrance
    whay do you want to work here?
    how would you sell this ( random product)
    They want really friendly, nice people. show up with a smile so they can consider you...so serious

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I went in with a recommendation. I went in got my application, went back the next day to turn it in. I was asked simple questions by both managers and got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2014.

Applied in person asked me to come in next to be interviewed by co-manager it wasn't that difficult asked us for a demo, why bbw, and other questions. I'm still waiting for their call!

Sales Associate Interview

A friend referred my to the manager. I had a 5 minute interview before starting training. They just needed bodies so I don't think they really prepared for interviews. The managers were just happy to get people to work there and were very flexible with the hours.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a conversation to make sure that you can communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!