Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.1

249 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in March 2011.

Interviewing process is done in a group setting where each person takes a turn answering their question. In someways, it's a set up to see who can out-do the others around them and pick the one person out of the group who they think is qualified for the job. Actually getting hired depends on when they decide to call you back. I didn't hear from them for two months.

Interview Questions
There wasn't really a negotiation phase. Just a phone call, and then immediate training.

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Applied and got a one-on-one interview with the store manager. Experience was overall good but having knowledge of some of the products beforehand will definitely help you out considering some of the questions have to do with your personal favorite product & why it's your favorite.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had good customer service and a time where you had good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

While I understand the need for group interviews, especially at holiday time, I did not appreciate not being told in advance that I would be participating in one. I was under the impression that since I have spent many years as a manager I would be given an individual interview. The worst part was that I am an adult with many years experience and I was grouped with approximately ten girls who had not yet graduated high school and was virtually ignored, in spite of my trying to make the best of it and participate anyway.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. This was a group interview for sales positions. They seemed more interested in filling the store with bodies to cover the sales floor than getting to know anyone individually, or even if they had any ability to learn the products or upsell or anything.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

My interview was supposed to be a group interview but no one but myself showed up so I had a solo interview. The manager and I went into the back and she interviewed me and then about 2 weeks later I got an offer!

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite product in the store and why? Describe a time you had good customer service and a time you had bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

I applied instore and that day the managr told me she was doing group interviews that same week, the interview was NBD it was 40 min it only felt like 10. It was a group intrview just trying to get to know you really. at the end she said she isn't even hiring atm she just wanted to see whos out there... so yea. but it went pretty well i think i will get a call when they are hiring.

-whats your fav fragrance
    whay do you want to work here?
    how would you sell this ( random product)
    They want really friendly, nice people. show up with a smile so they can consider you...so serious

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2014.

Applied in person asked me to come in next to be interviewed by co-manager it wasn't that difficult asked us for a demo, why bbw, and other questions. I'm still waiting for their call!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2014.

The interview was very easy. It was me and 4 other girls. The hiring manager was very cool maybe to cool. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. Easy questions. It was more personal questions than work ethic questions. If i could do it all over again I would just because it was a group interview and not a 1:1.

No hours, and low pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in July 2014.

I went in one day and asked for an application, filled it out and turned it in the next day. I got a call that same day for an interview several days later. It was a group interview with about five other people. She asked us simple questions and asked us to introduce ourselves, nothing too difficult. This was my very first interview ever and it was not too difficult or stressful. The manager that interviewed us was very bubbly and talkative. We only had an hour for our interview and because she did talk quite a bit (she was SO nice and welcoming!) we only had the opportunity to answer about three or four questions each. Make sure that if your interviewer is the same way, you make comments and agree often with him/her. I am still waiting to hear back if I got another one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult of them all was to sell a product to your partner in front of the entire interview group. Other questions included describing a time when you gave/received exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

I went in with a recommendation. I went in got my application, went back the next day to turn it in. I was asked simple questions by both managers and got hired on the spot.

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!