Bath & Body Works

Getting the Interview

224 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Noblesville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired during season so if you want a guaranteed job come in before christmas time and come in and ask for the manager and introduce your self and they may interview you right then! Be your self! During christmas time they have to hire around 60 people.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected basically just asked when we dealt with an angry customer and how we handled it. All questions are just regular questions. Just be calm it is a really easy interview, I'm telling you if you want a job with Bath and Body works come in when they are hiring for seasonal workers they are still kinda picky however if you be yourself and be talkative and bubbly you will be okay.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – we were able to negotiate seasonal pay.

Very Easy Interview

College Station, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2013.

Interview Details – Easy! Must have product knowledge and a great personality.

Interview Question – What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Naples, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2012.

Interview Details – I called the store and asked if they were hiring. When she told me they were hiring for seasonal employment, I thought it would be a perfect second job for the holiday season. I came in, filled out an application and turned it in. A few days later I received a phone call and asked to come to an interview. It was EXTREMELY casual. It was a group interview with me, the employer and three other girls. She asked us pretty casual questions and let us answer one by one. Not very efficient, since you don't want to repeat what someone else says before you, even if it applies to you too.

Interview Question – What makes you a good salesperson?   View Answer

Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2013.

Interview Details – Questions about products, information about ourselves.

Interview Question – Moment you were most proud of an accomplishment and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – I dropped my application off on a Friday afternoon and the assistant manager immediately scheduled me an interview for Monday with the store manager. On Monday, it was just me being interviewed. The manager was really nice and the interview was not difficult at all, but this website definitely helped me prepare for the questions. My advice is to emphasize the positive aspects of your personality, show that you care about great customer service, and display some knowledge of the products.

Interview Question – Can you name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service at a store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was straight-forward. Store manager asked questions around previous customer service experience and handling adverse situations.
It is a group interview. The group I was with was exceptionally quiet and did not speak up to answer questions which helped me stand out. If someone gives an answer before you, do not simply agree with their answer. Expand yours to make it unique to you and your previous experiences.
Paid training was a plus and the management was very supportive of new hires.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a complaint from a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hired as a seasonal associate with minimal prior experience - did not negotiate

Southlake, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2013.

Interview Details – short interview in back office, asked about me, my job experiences or skills that apply, and asked what my favorite fragrance was and how I would sell it to a customer.

Interview Question – how to sell your favorite scent   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – about a week but that was because the manager of the store was on vacation so they couldn't put me on the schedule until she was back

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2013.

Interview Details – So i applied in store, make sure you fill out all the forms and give it to a manger. I smiled and when i handed her the application she asked me "why do you want to work with us?" I just answered something basic and genetic because i never really shopped at bbw before. I was called in for an interview and she was the nicest person ever. It was a group interview and before the actual interview we had to grab a body care product from the store and use it as a demo sale during the interview.
Like i said, i never shopped at bbw before so i just grabbed the first one i saw, paris amour fragrance mist. i read the back just to have a little idea which helped, especially if you're quick on your feet.
Questions were pretty basic. As long as you stick to showing that the customer is #1 and that you believe that customer service is always a priority you'll do fine.
I was called the next day with an offer. The people in my group interview weren't.
This was in june of 2013 and i'm currently still employed.

Interview Question – Just remember even though customer service is important to them, they are a business and selling is their actual #1 priority. That was a question. ("What do you think is our main objective at Bath & Body Works?" "Providing excellent customer service is important but at the end of the day, convincing the customer to make a purchase with us is what our goal is. To make our daily sales while giving the best customer service would be our #1 priority."   Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details – Group interview, very common questions asked about working in teams, how to drive in sales and converting to brand loyalty.

Interview Question – How would you introduce customers to our products?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Del Mar, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in March 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. An unusual amount of paperwork and training to sling lotions.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about goals & such. This was only a part time job for me, these questions were a bit unnecessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. minimum wage job

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bath & Body Works

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bath & Body Works Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 224 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bath & Body Works employees and interview candidates.