Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.1

260 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Brought an application to the store around late October, and talked to the hiring manager. The next day I was called for an interview. The interview went well, the manager asked a range of questions like 'tell me about yourself' and 'what's your favorite Bath & Body Works product and why'.

Interview Questions
  • "If a customer came to the store with a candle all the way burned down and said they didn't like the smell, how would you handle it?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

When you apply in store, you receive a call around September (seasonal). You go through a group interview, and then you are on boarded which consists of training videos and valuable hands on experiences.

Interview Questions
    • If it is your first retail experience you may have a hard time with the "What would you do if..." questions consisting of how to deal with customers.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

The interview went well. It was a group interview so shine by knowing something about the products. However, the person I interviewed with no longer works there.

Interview Questions
    • What are your favorite products at Bath and Body Works?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

It was a group interview, which I felt was not the best way to do it, but I don't make the rules. It's awkward enough to go into a interview alone, it 's more awkward when there are 5 other people who you don't know.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

I walked and spoke to the manager and was given an application to fill out. I brought it back and was told a group interview for temporary, seasonal employees would take place soon and I would be called if chosen for the interview and I was.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very fair and I responded well having had prior retail experience and working with a wide range of customers and dealing with them in many situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

It was a group interview. We ached picked an item from the store that we liked and then met in the back to practice sales techniques in front of one another. That was followed by a series of "open floor" questions. We sat in a circle and just threw out answers. I noticed that a few people did not answer many of the questions. They were not at orientation.

Interview Questions
    • A time at work when you had to problem solve...?   View Answer
    It was standard. $9.25 / hr?
    Yes, please.
    Ok, you're hired.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2013.

Apply inside at store, wear something nice, be sure not to catch the store when it is too busy, then ask to see manager in order to drop off app. They will call all your references then call you in for a quick interview, hire you on spot and do your I-9 papers and what not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I gave my application to the hiring manager and made small talk with her the same day I got the interview. It was a night interview as well.

It was supposed to be a group interview, but I was the only one who showed up. I arrived ten minutes early, but I had to wait about twenty minutes for the interview to actually start.

The questions were fairly easy and expected. They were things like: What's your favorite scent and why? How did you settle a conflict at work or at school? Why did you apply for the job? Things like that.The mood was friendly and light. I thought it was great!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer came in with a used candle and wanted to return it?   View Answer
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. She just told me that I got the job and if I could start that weekend. The used the hourly pay rate I placed on the application which was $8.00.

Sales Associate Interview

I got a call for a interview at the store. It was a group interview with about ten people. I unfortunately got a group with one girl who took over the questions, so sometimes you had to speak up very quickly to be heard.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes they make you sell a random object, like a pen or pencil, so that can be hard if you aren't used to working a sales job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Via internet. Then group interview. Then call