Bath & Body Works

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring can be internal or external and candidates who are qualified are typically offered a position within two weeks if not sooner. Questions include opinions on sales, products, demoing product and situations that may occur.

Interview Question – How would you diffuse a situation that is becoming increasingly more volatile if you are the only manager on duty.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy and very straightforward, managers will typically do their best to get you a competitive starting rate with available raises every year.

Laurinburg, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, may have to role play with favorite fragrance.

Interview Question – How do you feel about giving customers hand massages.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Sales Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was intimate and comfortable I felt at home and talked to the store manager for hours

Interview Question – What is your worst quality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the salary it was more than i expected

Providence, RI

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in January 2011.

Interview Details – Standard interview process, asking about experience in sales. they put a lot of focus on customer service, what to do best for the customer and the company. How to be a leader.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate pay

Sales Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview Details – Interview process was as expected, went through 4 interviews before hired

Interview Question – Was there a situation were I believe I failed to do my job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a phone call with an offer

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in May 2011.

Interview Details – Informal. I spoke with the store manager and was asked questions about my previous challenges and strengths. Was then forwarded on to the district manager for a phone interview. Her questions were more of the same. Two or three days later the store manager called me and asked me to join.

Interview Question – What was one issue where coaching was difficult?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed one on one first with the store manager, and then did a phone interview with DM. I was then called and asked to verify my availability, and they made it sound like the position would be mine if my availability suited what they needed. I called them back a few times and never got to speak with the store manager, and she never contacted me again. A little disappointing, but it happens.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you've received poor feedback, or had to give poor feedback.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in July 2010.

Interview Details – Asked about my experience with bath and body works. What does customer service mean to me? How are my selling skills? When am I available to work? What type of pay was I looking for? What are my strengths and opportunities? What can you bring to my store?

Interview Question – Rate of Pay   Answer Question

Sales Leader

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2011.

Interview Details – I turned in an application for an associate position at the local BBW. I was called back for a Sales Leader position that had opened up, due to my previous management experience. I had one group interview, a one on one with the store manager and then a phone interview with the dm. They accepted my hourly requirements.

Interview Question – How long in retail?   Answer Question

Sales Leader

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2008.

Interview Details – basic Q such as where i worked in the past...what do i know about BBW..why do i want to work for BBW..what can I offer this company...how does my past position relate to this 1...main thing is do your HW before you go..tell them everything that relates and never even if they ask dont ever say anything negative about yourself you will not be called

Interview Question – what is the volume of your store and what volume % do you make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they do not talk to you about it in hopes they can start you at a low pay..for a sales lead starting it is $12 so talk about it you can get more..always ask the volume of the store and if it is lower then other stores or higher because this will help you to know how much more you can ask for....

Worked for Bath & Body Works? Contribute to the Community!