Battelle Memorial

Battelle Memorial Subcontracts Officer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Subcontracts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Battelle Memorial in June 2012.

Typical 30 minute phone screen with HR, two weeks later I received a blind e-mail invitation to come in for a three hour face-to-face interview in three weeks. No details beyond time and location were provided.

First was a 1 hr two person interview (peer and hiring manager), followed by 1 hr skip level (sr mgr and director) interview, followed by a 1hr 15 minute internal customer interview (contract/proposal mgrs) and completed with a 20 minute "any questions" discussion with the hiring manager.

I was familiar with their good reputation as a supplier before interviewing. When I spoke to the HR rep it sounded like a great place, neat projects, good culture. First two interviews where the standard "where have you been and what have you done?" The interview with the contracts personnel however left me with a really bad taste. They were like little balls of stress and became completely flustered I could not quote chapter and verse from the FAR. They seemed completely burnt out with no hope in sight, this left me disheartened.

I let the hiring manager know as part of the wrap up and that also I never received an itinerary of the interview beforehand, she replied she did not send one and that was part of the interview process. We also discussed subcontracting strategy and she made comments that did not make sense to me and seemed unorthodox (mixing contract types and UCC vs FAR precedence) and I stated such. Not sure if she was testing my knowledge or really do form contracts that way. When I left at 4:30 the entire parking lot was empty which leads me to believe it is only contracts and supply chain that are mismanaged. As soon as I got home I withdraw my application online. I received a follow up call from the hiring manager a few days later saying I wasn't chosen to move forward.

The most disappointing interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions
  • What FAR clause dictates flowdown requirements to subcontractors?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Battelle Memorial

Subcontracts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Battelle Memorial in April 2009.

I was flown in for a day of interviews and salary negotiations were conducted over the phone. This is not the case now, there are no funds and they will do most out of town interviews over the phone.

Interview Questions
    Simple but I was made promises about salary increases that never came true.