Batteries Plus

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Submitted an application online and took a few weeks to hear anything back. Was called and set up an interview at a business space in a hotel. Did an interview with RM and asked to fill out a personality test. Couple weeks later emailed them since I heard nothing and they have me a position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Batteries Plus.

I Applied online via email, a week later I was called in for interview. My interview was at one of the store locations and was very casual. I interviewed with the owners and store manager for about 45 minuets to and hour. I was hired a week later via phone call.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Batteries Plus in August 2011.

I had friend who knew the owner so pretty much came in already knowing I had the job. I got a phone call asking when I can come in to interview, I went in and talk with the owner and all went well so we agreed on a start date.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Batteries Plus in June 2010.

small franchise and the interview was jokingly simple. he asked the most generic interview question you can imagine. This owner had no recruiting or interviewing skills. I passed with flying colors and was asked to come on board immediately

Interview Questions

medical was the only benefit of this company. no stock or 401k. a person needs to prepare for the future and batteries plus franchise management isn't the answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Batteries Plus in February 2010.

Interview with Franchise owner, also with headhunter. Took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about batteries. otherise your typical interview questions. Like where do you see yourself in 5 years. What did you do to handle an unruly customer. What is your greatest achievement.   Answer Question
    Yes I negotiated for about $1000.00 more a year than I was making at my last job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

The process took a weekinterviewed at Batteries Plus in January 2010.

Interviewed with ownership. Owner was inept in conducting an interview which was done in an inappropriate setting. Questions were childlike with no real direction. The interview misrepresented what ownerships expectations would actually be and made promises which were never fulfilled.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends and holidays?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work in a job with sometimes a lot of downtime?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all. Was told what I would make and either I accepted or did not. Was promised raises at specific intervals which were not met.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida (Uruguay)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida (Uruguay)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Batteries Plus in June 2013.

Applied online and followed up via Phone call withing that week. Got called in for and interview. Interview was just a basic interview. Filled out background Check form and was called about a week after

Sales Associate Interview

The initial interview took place at a Saint Louis Bread Co. It wasn't quite casual, yet not quite formal. We talked at length about my work experience as to include military service. I had a second interview with the Regional Manager at one of the stores. We discussed hypothectical situations, and again my work history. I could tell that they were not used to getting applicants that had electrical experience.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe I encountered anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting salary and a conditional raise after 30 days.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Batteries Plus in April 2012.

Easy interview but they lie to get you in the door. You start at 8.50 an hour and are promised to get paid more after training which is a huge lie.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Batteries Plus in December 2011.

Over the phone interview with recruiter. She called on a Saturday night at 8pm. Basically was selling the company to me. And then said that I would be a great fit for the company. Called back on Monday to set up an interview the store manager. Met with the store manager. Interview was more like a conversation.