Bausch & Lomb Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

3.2

Microbiology Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2013.

I was first contacted by a representative from Kelly Services who informed me that he had 2 positions open at Bausch and Lomb as Microbiology Lab Technicians. Each position was for 1 year with the possibility of permanent employment. I went in for 2 interviews roughly 1 week later. The interview was with many different members of the various teams pertaining to microbiology/QC, generally each interview was with 1-2 team members for about 30 minutes per interview.. At times, the interviewers would approach a semi-casual tone/vibe which led me to believe they were concerned with hiring people they would get along with on a personal level.

A week or two later I was informed that I wasn't hired for either position by the Kelly Services representative. I asked if he was given a reason; When asked where I saw myself in 5 years, I mentioned the desire to get a Masters degree in Microbiology or Genetics while continuing to work (mind you, this position was for 1 year). One of the interviewers was turned off by my answer. This was also after telling me how many employees they have who are working on their masters degree currently.

Interview Questions
    • I asked how the potential buyout (at the time) of B&L would affect these positions, they did not have an answer at the time.   Answer Question

Microbiology Lab Technician Interview

There was one interview in the Greenville Location. It was a very laid back one-on-one environment. They asked me basic resume questions and asked if I would be ok working some weekends. Then, they showed me around the lab and plant.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are fit for quality assurance?   View Answer
    It was over the phone and there were no negotiations.

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Phone screen, one person interview

Senior Ophthalmic Specialty Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in February 2011.

Interviewed with two district managers asking me STAR questions. Then they moved me forward to the Regional Manager. One week later I was offered the position

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell our products against generics?   View Answer
    Easy...I asked for a list of things and got one.

Utilities Technician Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in December 2011.

Very easy and comfortable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in July 2011.

The hiring and interview process was the most organized I had ever been on. Meet with a team of people. i was scheduled and always accompanied to where and needed to be and treated with great respect

Interview Questions
    Was sent and offer and allowed to make a counter offer with acceptance

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in June 2009.

The interview process was a long proscess. There were 3 rounds of interview that were conducted in one day. I had to interview in person at headquarters which was in rochester ny.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer gave me a pen and asked me to sell him thios pen in a way it has never been done before   Answer Question
    There was no negotiaiton

Manager, Documentation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in June 2009.

The interview process was thorough and fair. The team/collaborative interview was used and was effective. I met with some of the stakeholders one on one and then several as a panel. The outgoing manager who held the position was in attendance and spoke to me personally about the details of the position, the workload, the requirements, the political environment, and many other facets of the job. I felt like I had a clear picture of the role fromthe candid discussion. We also had lunch together. I was generally pleased with the whole process although, I was not selected.)

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in April 2013.

I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen interview with someone offsite. My information was forwarded on to the hiring manager in Rochester. I was scheduled for a phone interview later that week with the hiring manager. Soon thereafter, he contacted me for an on-site interview. The interview was all day, onsite, meeting with different people and groups of people- potential coworkers, managers, supervisors, and the HR person. I was asked to prepare a 30 minute ppt presentation on something I had worked on. The first part of my day was to present this to a group of 12 people in a conference room. This part ended up taking about 1 hour. I was also asked to compose a research paper after the interview process. Overall, it took me 2 days to put together and practice my presentation, one whole day to interview and 2 days to write the paper- 5 days total. It wasnt clear how many others they interviewed at this level. The only part i didnt like about the process was that with an all day interview (and being a new mommy) there was no way for me to ask for a lactation break without disclosing that i had a young child. I hope that point did not cost me the job, but there was no way to not disclose it.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing in your life that you would have done differently?   Answer Question

Surgical Sales & Procedural Pack Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Submitted on their job board. Was called to set up first interview with recruiter. It lasted an hour exactly and I thought it went really well. The guy was super low key and made me feel very comfortable. We mainly discussed my resume and past salaries and accomplishments. He said he thought I sounded like a great candidate and I should definitely get a call from hiring manager about a follow up interview. Within a few days, I did receive a call from a hiring manager's assistant. She filled me in among several hour-long interview slots at a nearby airport hotel. I met with manager. Interview took one hour. I thought it went extremely well. We discussed my resume and I had several questions about the position and territory so we mostly went over those. He said I should hear something within a week and a half if I will go on to next round of interviews. I got a call the next day from the recruiter saying I had not been asked to continue to next interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bausch & Lomb? Contribute to the Community!