Bausch & Lomb

3.2

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Single interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. B & L is mainly a optical device company, hence the software department is very small (3 people)
    The HOD interviewed me and mentioned that he had only one seat vacant.

The interview was telephonic and went off very well. After basic project related questions, the interviewer asked a few programming concepts (mainly VB.NET)

I was very confident after the interview. However, B & L never responded and I had to call them a few weeks later to know that they had selected somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the best way to traverse the surface area of a contact lens and find out a defect?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in March 2012.

I applied online. Took a week to get initial contact from HR, sent me a list of questions I had to fill out. I then had a phone interview with HR rep from corporate. After that I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. Then I was brought on-site and interviewed with 5 people individually. Then had a phone screen with a VP from the location. And the last step was with VP from corporate. I didn't make the final cut. Overall was a very long process almost 3 months from start to finish. But I left with a positive impression of the company. Everyone was very professional, asked good questions and tried to make me feel comfortable and welcome. A smart group of people who know their jobs very well.

Utilities Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in December 2011.

Very easy and comfortable.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in July 2011.

The hiring and interview process was the most organized I had ever been on. Meet with a team of people. i was scheduled and always accompanied to where and needed to be and treated with great respect

Interview Questions
    Was sent and offer and allowed to make a counter offer with acceptance

Senior Ophthalmic Specialty Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in February 2011.

Interviewed with two district managers asking me STAR questions. Then they moved me forward to the Regional Manager. One week later I was offered the position

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell our products against generics?   View Answer
    Easy...I asked for a list of things and got one.

Microbiology Lab Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2011.

Heard from the company to schedule an interview after submitting application a month earlier. Interviewed by 3 people, director of microbiology and 2 supervisors in microbiology. Was asked about experiences.

Interview Questions
    No opportunity to negotiate.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in September 2010.

Phone interview after going through headhunter
    QUestions on your CV
    Why Bausch & Lomb?
    What do you know about Bausch & Lomb? be aware of competition and latest trends, also regarding government rules

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding what will you do if customers donot pay promptely   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate, but after 6 months they will do a rise

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in May 2010.

They were all very nice. Don't be scared.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in February 2010.

Submitted my resume online and had a phone screen a few days later with a contract recruiter. In the phone screen:
    - The job was described to me
    - I was asked about my "ideal role"
    - Asked if I was able to work in a matrix environment
    - Asked if I had pricing experience
    - Asked how my colleagues would describe me
    Then we discussed my career progression and I was asked about a desired salary range and provided with the expected range for this role.

A phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for about a week later. In the phone interview:
    - The job was described to me as well as the organization of divisions at the company
    - I was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume and to provide 1 or 2 highlights/ accomplishments for each role.
    - Describing these accomplishments provided springboard opportunities for detail questions by the interviewer for me.
    -Asked if I had previous P&L responsibility.

I asked how this position was available and was told they'd been running lean, as most companies have been, and were now beginning to staff up a bit. Was told they had a growing team and were interested in people bringing in new ideas and abilities.

I sent thank you emails within 24 hours after each interview to both the recruiter and the hiring manager, respectively. I was not contacted at all post interview, so after 3 weeks I sent a follow up email to the recruiter to inquire about the status of the role. I received an email reply the same day thanking me for checking in and letting me know that the hiring manager had decided to move forward with another candidate.

I was pleased with the responsiveness of the recruiter overall and both interviews were pleasant and good discussions. The only thing I am disappointed in is the lack of communication post-interview. It would have been nice to have been informed once I was no longer in consideration, rather than having to inquire weeks later. But overall, a good process.

Interview Questions
    • Please walk me through your resume. Please share 1 or 2 highlights/ accomplishments you're most proud of for each role.   Answer Question

Vision Care Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2010.

typical interview questions. do your research on the company. be confident. they were looking for someone with prior/previous vision care experience. took exactly an hour long.