Bausch & Lomb

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Analytics Interview

Manager, Analytics
Madison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in December 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 10 days. One thing that I really liked about the interview process is that it completed all the 6 rounds of interview in one day. That saved me from taking days off every now and then to attend interviews.

People who interviewed me were knowledgeable and very comfortable to talk to. I was interviewed by 2 Sr. Managers, 2 Directors, 1 Exec. Director, and finally the HR.

Interview Question – This company works mainly on SAS. There were questions on ROI Analysis, Call Planing, and Incentive compensation   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview Details – Very thorough. Online assessment. Several interviews with many managers.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very intense. I actually made the first offer because I wanted to work here and another company was making an offer first. Bausch and Lomb wanted me too so they accepted my offer.

Microbiology Lab Technician III Interview

Microbiology Lab Technician III
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2011.

Interview Details – Heard from the company to schedule an interview after submitting application a month earlier. Interviewed by 3 people, director of microbiology and 2 supervisors in microbiology. Was asked about experiences.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Madison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview Details – Referenced by employee. Very good people, great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you think out of box   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Kingston, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview after going through headhunter
QUestions on your CV
Why Bausch & Lomb?
What do you know about Bausch & Lomb? be aware of competition and latest trends, also regarding government rules

Interview Question – Question regarding what will you do if customers donot pay promptely   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate, but after 6 months they will do a rise

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview Details – Single interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. B & L is mainly a optical device company, hence the software department is very small (3 people)
The HOD interviewed me and mentioned that he had only one seat vacant.

The interview was telephonic and went off very well. After basic project related questions, the interviewer asked a few programming concepts (mainly VB.NET)

I was very confident after the interview. However, B & L never responded and I had to call them a few weeks later to know that they had selected somebody else.

Interview Question – What would be the best way to traverse the surface area of a contact lens and find out a defect?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. Took a week to get initial contact from HR, sent me a list of questions I had to fill out. I then had a phone interview with HR rep from corporate. After that I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. Then I was brought on-site and interviewed with 5 people individually. Then had a phone screen with a VP from the location. And the last step was with VP from corporate. I didn't make the final cut. Overall was a very long process almost 3 months from start to finish. But I left with a positive impression of the company. Everyone was very professional, asked good questions and tried to make me feel comfortable and welcome. A smart group of people who know their jobs very well.

Interview Question – Job specific questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Rochester, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in May 2010.

Interview Details – They were all very nice. Don't be scared.

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a Manufacturing Engineer position. There were a total of 2 interviews, one was a panel interview (non scripted) with the Senior Manufacturing Engineer and the Engineering Manager. I had a formal interview with the HR manager. The interview with the engineering guys was to determine if I was capable of doing the work and did not factor in culture and fit with was probably the responsibility of the HR manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was offer $48k and settled on $50k

Vision Care Territory Manager Interview

Vision Care Territory Manager
Pasadena, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in January 2010.

Interview Details – typical interview questions. do your research on the company. be confident. they were looking for someone with prior/previous vision care experience. took exactly an hour long.

Interview Question – tell me about your role in the previous company   Answer Question