Baxter Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a Phone interview with HR Recruiter and then had the phone Interview with hiring Manager and then had personal interview with 4 persons including a technical interview, hiring manager and another manager and then with the business/client analyst.

Manager I Financial Planning Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and Hr reached out to me after 3 weeks. I had an initial HR phone interview that went well. She asked me all relevant questions and was able to tell me about the company and role clearly.

Second round was as phone interview with the hiring manager. This one was a bummer and got over in 15 min. I think the manager was not clear on what she was looking for. She also mentioned this was her first interview for the position. I was asked a couple of general questions like - tell me about yourself, how you deal with change/difficult client etc, I kind of knew that I will not get to the next round because the manager didn't know what to ask me after 15 min.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Baxter

Last 3 leadership roles

Challenging Situation

Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online to sort of a broad "Sr. Engineers" posting and was contacted within a day or two from someone from HR to discuss which positions I would be best for. I then formally applied for two positions in particular and was contacted for a phone interview for one. The phone interview was pretty easy (it was with HR). Then she talked to the hiring manager and they decided to bring me in for a panel interview with 4 people all at one. The interview was scheduled for an hour, and went just a tad over. Everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to.

Something that I want to mention, is that when I applied, I had to check a salary range desired. My desired salary was sort of right on the cusp and I didn't know if I should choose the lower or higher. I decided to pick the lower range and figured I could negotiate towards the top of that if they made a low offer. When my job offer came in, it was the top value of that range, which was actually what I thought was just about right and I am very happy with. So picking the lower range did not hurt me.

Also, I didn't get the offer until ~2.5 weeks after the interview. They had planned to make a decision at least a week prior, so I thought I didn't get the position. I think it just takes longer than they think it will sometimes.

HR lady was super nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe what type(s) of engineering tools you would use to uncover the root cause of a product failure.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then face-to-face interview by 5 people. It is so hard to make so many people like you through such a long time, if everyone has strong opinions and if other interviewers have different expectations from the hiring manager. Some questions will never have good answers. Such an interview process can completely destroy an interviewee's confidence to get a job in a big company.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a external recruiter. Multiple phone interviews with recruiter, and a extensive phone interview with the hiring manager and boss. I was brought in for face to face interviews. I met with 4 people and was given excellent feedback by the recruiter. Subsequently, I was brought back in to meet again with the hiring manger and HR person again, but was asked to present a plan, and again recieved positive feedback. Two days later, received email from recruiter that the position was put on hold and given no further explanation.

Interview Questions

• Given the Global Market what is your strategy to bring a new product to market?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Northbrook, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a human resources manager followed by another phone interview with a finance manager a week later. Both were very friendly and the conversations were quite casual. The second interview was a bit more challenging (not technical), but certainly not difficult. Really they are just looking for people who would be a good fit with the company culture.

Interview Questions

• All the basics. Be prepared to talk about leadership experiences and how they would relate to the company.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I initially applied for a quality analyst position (part of due diligence and auditing) when HR contacted me to interview for two separate quality engineering roles. For this role, I had two interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and lasted ~1 hour. Very casual review. Just wanted me to go over my resume and some of experiences. Mostly asked what I thought were the best kind of teams I worked on. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 employees that reported to the hiring manager. One of the interviewers was at working from home and they stressed that there is a lot of workplace flexibility. Manager really caters the employee's experiences to their interests.

Interview Questions

• "What was the best team you work on and why?   1 Answer
    • What did you not like about your previous company, and what did you like? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation. I asked if there was room for negotiation and requested a signing bonus and slightly higher pay. HR came back to the same day with the signing bonus but no higher salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen. Brought in to meet with multiple individuals on the team. Interview questions were great, focusing both on experience and personality. Cultural fit was very important, which is critical to success for both the candidate and the company. Very open to questions in return. Overall an excellent interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Specific efforts around adding value   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, three weeks later a recruiter contacted me one time. Returned the call with no avail, had to call the recruiter THREE more times before she returned the call. Went for an in-person interview after that.

Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The application and the interview process was straight forward and easy to follow. After an online application was submitted, was then followed by two rounds of phone interviews. Both of the interviewers were friendly and patient. Overall, it made for a good experience.