Baxter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee, three weeks later a recruiter contacted me one time. Returned the call with no avail, had to call the recruiter THREE more times before she returned the call. Went for an in-person interview after that.

Interview Questions

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen. Brought in to meet with multiple individuals on the team. Interview questions were great, focusing both on experience and personality. Cultural fit was very important, which is critical to success for both the candidate and the company. Very open to questions in return. Overall an excellent interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Specific efforts around adding value   View Answer

Senior Marketing Communications Interview

Senior Marketing Communications
Deerfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baxter in March 2010.

Interview Details – Typically screened over the phone and then interviewed with a team

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Quality Associate Interview

Quality Associate
Round Lake, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was 30 minutes long and it was panel style. The interviewers were extremely friendly and the asked pretty basic and simple questions. They also seemed to love working for Baxter and overall the interview was more of a friendly discussion than an actual interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced an ethical issue in your professional career, and if so, how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was simple as I was hired through personal reference by my Boss. It was mostly HR negotiation on Salary

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baxter in February 2014.

Interview Details – After several interviews with Baxter I note that Baxter is thorough, inclusive and professional. Staffing will handle the interview cycle and Baxter is welll prepared. For one position, I interviewed with 8 people in one day. To date my experiences have been positive and the employees committed. It is difficult to get an interview without an internal referral.

Interview Question – They use the STAR method (situation, task, action and result) of interviewing. The question usually begins with "Tell me a time when..." Nothing overly difficult, however Baxter expects a resulting outcome that is positive and somethign achieved.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process are forthcoming, however, one interview after the other can be tiring.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Tedious. Multiple interviews starting with an email list of questions. IF you make it past that, you get a phone interview with the recruiter, then they set up an in person that lasts 4 hours with at least 4 different managers. I worked as a contractor for 6 months then got hired finally. They like to keep contractors for a long time.

Interview Question – They are all difficult as they are situational questions. Be prepared to asnwer many, many questions over 4 hours that are the same but phrased differently. They also expect you to have on the spot real life examples for each question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I made in the current department and it was a better location so I took it without trying to negotiate.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fast - took 2 weeks to setup the interview to offer letter. First was a phone screen - second came the personal f2f 2 hours.

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate - as the offer was fair compared to the market.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Baxter in February 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR. Had 1 screening interview. Then a few weeks later came in for in person interviews with the managers on the team (Manager 1, Senior Manager, and Director). Contacted back after a week or two with an offer. I was very pleased with the process.

Interview Question – As with all interviews "why do you want to leave your current role".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could have tried to negotiate a higher salary but was just happy to get an offer. I did negotiate a signing bonus however. Also you can usually negotiate extra vacation time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!