Baxter

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

I was contacted by a external recruiter. Multiple phone interviews with recruiter, and a extensive phone interview with the hiring manager and boss. I was brought in for face to face interviews. I met with 4 people and was given excellent feedback by the recruiter. Subsequently, I was brought back in to meet again with the hiring manger and HR person again, but was asked to present a plan, and again recieved positive feedback. Two days later, received email from recruiter that the position was put on hold and given no further explanation.

Interview Questions
    • Given the Global Market what is your strategy to bring a new product to market?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in August 2014.

I initially applied for a quality analyst position (part of due diligence and auditing) when HR contacted me to interview for two separate quality engineering roles. For this role, I had two interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and lasted ~1 hour. Very casual review. Just wanted me to go over my resume and some of experiences. Mostly asked what I thought were the best kind of teams I worked on. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 employees that reported to the hiring manager. One of the interviewers was at working from home and they stressed that there is a lot of workplace flexibility. Manager really caters the employee's experiences to their interests.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the best team you work on and why?   View Answer
    • What did you not like about your previous company, and what did you like? Why?   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation. I asked if there was room for negotiation and requested a signing bonus and slightly higher pay. HR came back to the same day with the signing bonus but no higher salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen. Brought in to meet with multiple individuals on the team. Interview questions were great, focusing both on experience and personality. Cultural fit was very important, which is critical to success for both the candidate and the company. Very open to questions in return. Overall an excellent interviewing experience.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in June 2014.

Was referred by an employee, three weeks later a recruiter contacted me one time. Returned the call with no avail, had to call the recruiter THREE more times before she returned the call. Went for an in-person interview after that.

Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in March 2014.

The interview was 30 minutes long and it was panel style. The interviewers were extremely friendly and the asked pretty basic and simple questions. They also seemed to love working for Baxter and overall the interview was more of a friendly discussion than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced an ethical issue in your professional career, and if so, how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Tedious. Multiple interviews starting with an email list of questions. IF you make it past that, you get a phone interview with the recruiter, then they set up an in person that lasts 4 hours with at least 4 different managers. I worked as a contractor for 6 months then got hired finally. They like to keep contractors for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • They are all difficult as they are situational questions. Be prepared to asnwer many, many questions over 4 hours that are the same but phrased differently. They also expect you to have on the spot real life examples for each question.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I made in the current department and it was a better location so I took it without trying to negotiate.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Hiring process was fast - took 2 weeks to setup the interview to offer letter. First was a phone screen - second came the personal f2f 2 hours.

Was not able to negotiate - as the offer was fair compared to the market.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baxter in February 2014.

After several interviews with Baxter I note that Baxter is thorough, inclusive and professional. Staffing will handle the interview cycle and Baxter is welll prepared. For one position, I interviewed with 8 people in one day. To date my experiences have been positive and the employees committed. It is difficult to get an interview without an internal referral.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method (situation, task, action and result) of interviewing. The question usually begins with "Tell me a time when..." Nothing overly difficult, however Baxter expects a resulting outcome that is positive and somethign achieved.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in January 2014.

It was simple as I was hired through personal reference by my Boss. It was mostly HR negotiation on Salary

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in November 2013.

Very long recruiting process. HR are very slow and opaque. The on-site interview was relaxed and everyone very polite and engaged. I applied online in May 2013, received first call in September, interviewed on site in November. The job was put "on hold indefinitely" in December 2013.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Getting to an on-site interview is difficult.   Answer Question