Baxter

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

9 different interviews, 2 with the hiring manager. Each interview talked about various subjects (i.e. leadership, personal goals,

Interview Questions
    • They give a brief and broad description of the job, and then ask you how your skills make you a good fit for this role given your past experiences.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Hiring and interview process are forthcoming, however, one interview after the other can be tiring.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in July 2013.

I am an experienced professional at the mid-senior to senior level who was recruited to apply for a contract consulting position with Baxter in Deerfield, IL. The whole experience was really strange, and in retrospect, sent off several red flags. First, the recruiter described an ideal job description that matched my experience, recommended some changes to my resume and then submitted my resume for the job. I was never interviewed. While I awaited a response, I did some cursory searching and found some job postings linking back to this opportunity dating back several months. Each time they reflected deviations, lack of clarity and terrible spelling and grammar. I concluded the job had been available for about five months prior to my recruitment and the position seemed unclear like they didn't know what they wanted. This was the first red flag I rationalized as being due to an area that was in development. Then I was part of a group of scheduled phone interviews that the contacts at Baxter had simply blown off. We were scheduled a week in advance and we waited all afternoon for the phone call that never came. This is the 2nd red flag I thought could be explained by simply being busy in a changing environment. Over a week passed and the recruiter called me with another time for the phone interview. This time they called and the interview went well seemingly focused on the soft skills of demeanor and behavioral interactions. I was asked to describe my current position, and I was asked about my familiarity with some software applications. We then scheduled a face-to-face interview through the recruiter. I was excited based on the job description and the company's position within the marketplace. Based on what I had been told of the job, it was a perfect match across the board. Well, it is no surprise after ignoring the initial red flags that this was the absolute worst interview experience I ever encountered. They were closed; not forthcoming; would not engage in discussions pertaining to the job; paused and carefully selected the words in their responses; they weren't professional in appearance or demeanor; they didn't seem to be able to discuss the job. The interview was painful, like pulling teeth. They didn't ask one typical interview question. They didn't know how to interview and the inability to discuss the job became alarming. The substance of the interview centered on meetings and SharePoint. They couldn't discuss methodologies, leadership styles, conflict resolutions... I wasn't asked about my strengths and weaknesses, where I see myself in five years, what I liked best about anything in my resume. In fact, there was no discussion of my resume. It was like there wasn't a real job available, or at least not the one they promoted. My conclusion after this huge waste of time that left me feeling like The Twilight Zone is like they weren't serious about the promoted position but couldn't change the description too much because that description is what they were vying for in attaining internal headcount. It seemed like I was interviewing for a job that was eventually going to someone internally once the headcount was attained. The recruiters and the candidates were just pawns for making the case that they looked externally for contract consultants but couldn't find one that fit so now they need the internal headcount to hire.... internally! It may result in an additional contract administrative assistant position, but not a mid-senior level project lead position. Truly the worst experience ever, and never a thank you for your time... or an explanation or apology for the scheduled phone interviews that left candidates and recruiters waiting only to get blown off. I added so much detail because it speaks volumes to the internal culture.

Interview Questions
    • This is funny. Absolutely no typical or relevant questions were asked, but I was insulted and shocked when asked at the end, "So have you ever managed a project before?" Really?!   View Answer

Senior IT Program Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Totally sucked. The whole process was a waste of my time. They did not know what they wanted in the ideal candidate. Kept me waiting in a small dark room for 50 minutes when the interviewer came late. No proper feedback, no follow up nothing. I had to run after them to get a canned response. Nobody even reviewed my resume before interview. All of them were reading the resume while talking to me and saying "Sorry could not get time to review your resume".

After phone interview, they told me I am a great fit and asked me to provide work samples etc. In person interview went so well but then nothing. Such a waste of my time. So unprofessional bunch of people.

I understand not every interview lands you the job, but I hate it when stupid people waste my time by not knowing what they want and provide no proper feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the full architecture of the BI solution you worked on.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Applied online. Very long process. 3 phone interviews, 9 in person interviews. A case study presentation was a little strange. Every contact was unique and interesting. Still defining the role. Pretty standard interview with exception of long decision making timeline. Hiring manager was pretty detailed about their vision and what the expectations are. All parties were familiar with my résumé and prepared to meet with me.

Interview Questions
    The benefits are fantastic and salary competitive. I negotiated a higher salary by having all my facts ready.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Very profesional, handled well

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with aggressive business leaders?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in December 2012.

I applied online and also had a recommendation from a person that worked there. I then recieved an email that wanted me to answer some questions like "Do I have experience in a call center?" . I then recieved a phone call from a interviewer a couple of days later. We spoke for a half hour and she said she would get back to me. I waited for almost a month and recieved a call for a face-to-face interview. That consisted of two interviews with the call center managers. There were three people in one and two in the other. I waited another month and recieved an email stating there were going to go with another canidate. then about a few weeks later I recieved a call from a temp agency to work in Baxter's call center. I declined that offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake Beach, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake Beach, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

The interview process is very formal. Expect at least three interviews and be prepared with a 30-60-90 and proof of sales performance. I interviewed with not only HR and Sales Managers, but also a VP of Sales. Understand "Why" you want to be a rep. The right motivation for being a rep is critical.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a Baxter Sales Rep? (hint: it's a culture oriented question)   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baxter in August 2012.

2 rounds of interviews consisting of 3 people for 30 minutes per round. Interviewers were very relaxed and just want to get to know you. No technical questions were asked. It was just an interview to gauge your personality.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in July 2012.

Interview process was quick and painless. Three separate people in the same room back to back. Made me feel at ease. Hiring process was also very quick.

Interview Questions
    • Just trying to relate the current job experience to the future role.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate higher salary, I regret not doing so, but it was relatively easy