Baxter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Very long process. 3 phone interviews, 9 in person interviews. A case study presentation was a little strange. Every contact was unique and interesting. Still defining the role. Pretty standard interview with exception of long decision making timeline. Hiring manager was pretty detailed about their vision and what the expectations are. All parties were familiar with my résumé and prepared to meet with me.

Interview Question – Really nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The benefits are fantastic and salary competitive. I negotiated a higher salary by having all my facts ready.

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Project Associate Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – 9 different interviews, 2 with the hiring manager. Each interview talked about various subjects (i.e. leadership, personal goals,

Interview Question – They give a brief and broad description of the job, and then ask you how your skills make you a good fit for this role given your past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Senior IT Program Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Round Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Totally sucked. The whole process was a waste of my time. They did not know what they wanted in the ideal candidate. Kept me waiting in a small dark room for 50 minutes when the interviewer came late. No proper feedback, no follow up nothing. I had to run after them to get a canned response. Nobody even reviewed my resume before interview. All of them were reading the resume while talking to me and saying "Sorry could not get time to review your resume".

After phone interview, they told me I am a great fit and asked me to provide work samples etc. In person interview went so well but then nothing. Such a waste of my time. So unprofessional bunch of people.

I understand not every interview lands you the job, but I hate it when stupid people waste my time by not knowing what they want and provide no proper feedback.

Interview Question – Draw the full architecture of the BI solution you worked on.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director of Engineering Interview

Director of Engineering
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Very profesional, handled well

Interview Question – How do you deal with aggressive business leaders?   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and also had a recommendation from a person that worked there. I then recieved an email that wanted me to answer some questions like "Do I have experience in a call center?" . I then recieved a phone call from a interviewer a couple of days later. We spoke for a half hour and she said she would get back to me. I waited for almost a month and recieved a call for a face-to-face interview. That consisted of two interviews with the call center managers. There were three people in one and two in the other. I waited another month and recieved an email stating there were going to go with another canidate. then about a few weeks later I recieved a call from a temp agency to work in Baxter's call center. I declined that offer.

Interview Question – What do you feel you have to work on?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Round Lake, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in October 2009.

Interview Details – Disorganized for HR processes but technical interviews were very good. Mostly looking for right cultural fit within the organization or the specific team doing the hiring. Seems like the process to get the position approved and selected was really cumbersome though - even though the hiring manager indicated I had done well, it still took a few week s to get everything worked out.

Interview Question – Just general behavioral questions nothing really stood out as difficult. Although because it is a very diverse company be prepared for different accents in phone interviews which can be tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Vacation is pretty limited - if you don't negotiate some your going to lose it. Pay and bonuses are pretty structured so not a whole lot room there

Finance Manager Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in November 2008.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews: First round is fit questions with some technical. Second round is with higher level managers with more of the same

Interview Question – Business case on renal clinics in Colombia   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Group Manager/Marketing Interview

Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in July 2011.

Interview Details – Hired through recruiters. Process can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. Started with phone interviews. Then invited for 2 different rounds interviewing with peers, superiors and VP levels. Back and forth with recruiter. Focused on benefits more than salary. We negotiated on salary a little bit. Stock options are set standard for the level you get hired into. You can negotiate vacation based on current or prior levels/weeks earned. Relocation is available and you can also negotiate better and different ways to make the relocation work for you. Once they want you, there are ways for them to get additional benefits approved. They need people.

Interview Question – All the standard behavioral questions. Nothing creative of difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Back and forth with recruiter. Focused on benefits more than salary. We negotiated on salary a little bit. Stock options are set standard for the level you get hired into. You can negotiate vacation based on current or prior levels/weeks earned. Relocation is available and you can also negotiate better and different ways to make the relocation work for you. Once they want you, there are ways for them to get additional benefits approved. They need people.

Engineer II Interview

Round Lake, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Baxter in August 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews consisting of 3 people for 30 minutes per round. Interviewers were very relaxed and just want to get to know you. No technical questions were asked. It was just an interview to gauge your personality.

Interview Question – Why does a tennis ball have fuzz?   Answer Question

Supervisor II Interview

Round Lake, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in February 2012.

Interview Details – HR called to invite on site for in person interview.

Interview Question – What steps would you take in order to improve employee training?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter