Baxter

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – i had a initial phone interview for 30 minutes and I was called for an on-site interview the next week. It was a two hour interview with the senior manager, project manager and principal engineer.

Interview Question – Most of the question were from the resume. Some common questions like, why do you want to work in Baxter? why do we have to hire you? How do you fit in a collaborated team? how do you handle a situation where your work is delayed because of others in your team? the questions were real time problem solving with their current project.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Managers here at Baxter Los Angeles are not good mentors for new employees, they spend most time kissing upper management to move up. Therefore the interview process is subpar and people who interviewed feel like it is a hassle to interview rather than glad to see a new prospect.

Interview Question – Hard to say, most of the interviewees like to talk about themselves more than asking questions. The director can talk you to sleep, I left thinking, wow, the only question out of him was what's my name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Hayward, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – I first submitted my resume to the company through a career fair. A couple months later I received a phone call saying the company was interested in having an onsite interview. The interview took about 4 hours with a total of 4 interview sessions and 6 interviewers. Afterward, I was given a quick tour of the facility.

Interview Question – If someone presented you a pound cake that had fallen, how would go about to determine what exactly was the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher salary and a signing bonus.

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – Communicated through email initially. In person interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Question – Talked about previous internship and academic experience. "Why should we choose you over others?"   Answer Question

Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – The first stage of the interview was a questionnaire which included behavioral, experience based, and personal questions. A phone interview followed. Finally I was invited for an on-site interview. Most communications occurred via e-mail, excepting the phone interview.

Interview Question – Name 3 strengths and 1 weakness.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in March 2011.

Interview Details – Screening was average. Scheduling was a different matter. Request for availability resulted in 2 weeks silence. When I followed up, they said the position was filled.

After moving on with my life, 1 week later they requested for an interview. When I asked for what position (I had applied for multiple), it turned out to be the same. Never asked about the confusion, although I always wondered.

All day interview consisting panel and 1-1 interviews; panel of engineers (peers), then supervisor (1-1), and finally manager (1-1). Engineers and supervisor seemed enthusiastic. (Standard questions about background, what-would-you-do scenarios, etc.) Manager did not seem prepared for the interview and read off a "script", and seemed too busy to care about "the process". While touring, noticed a lot of young engineers - recent college grads, young adult types.

Declined offer due to negative response from negotiation attempts.

Interview Question – What was your experience at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No room for negotiations. Their response: "You should be glad there is an offer". Exact words.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!

Baxter Videos

Baxter – Why Work for Us?

A global diversified healthcare company and industry leader Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baxter Engineer I interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baxter employees and interview candidates.