Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Quality Engineering Analyst I Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Baxter in July 2014.

I was referred by a currently employee so I received an email scheduling a phone interview within a couple days. After the initial phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview 3 weeks later with a panel of 4. For an entry-level position, the questions were all fairly predictable behavior questions. Most of them piggy-backed off of experience detailed in my resume. There were a significant amount of scenario questions that required support from a personal experience. It was a casual yet professional vibe as they were mostly trying to gauge whether my personality suited their needs.

Interview Questions
    • If you were juggling multiple projects and knew that you wouldn't be able to meet some of the deadlines, how would you prioritize under the premise that an extension request would not be permitted?   Answer Question

It was not one of my preferred shift times.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Round Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in August 2014.

I initially applied for a quality analyst position (part of due diligence and auditing) when HR contacted me to interview for two separate quality engineering roles. For this role, I had two interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and lasted ~1 hour. Very casual review. Just wanted me to go over my resume and some of experiences. Mostly asked what I thought were the best kind of teams I worked on. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 employees that reported to the hiring manager. One of the interviewers was at working from home and they stressed that there is a lot of workplace flexibility. Manager really caters the employee's experiences to their interests.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the best team you work on and why?   View Answer
    • What did you not like about your previous company, and what did you like? Why?   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation. I asked if there was room for negotiation and requested a signing bonus and slightly higher pay. HR came back to the same day with the signing bonus but no higher salary.

TDP Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

It was an campus interview. The interview itself was fairly standard and friendly. The interviewer was on time and pleasant, although her english made understanding questions slightly difficult. Overall, not too bad, not too great.

Operation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter.

The interview process is painful. The HR recruiters are disorganized and do not give enough detail or big picture of the interview process. internally, it takes over 3 months to post a position and another month to get candidates then another month for interviews and 1 more month for a candidate to start. Additionally, New Employee Orientation (NEO) is only every 2 weeks so if a candidate is given an offer they must pass the background check (which can take from 5 days to 2 weeks) so you could potentially miss 2 NEO sessions before starting.
    Don't give your notice at your current job until you have completed your background check and have an official start date, not just a letter.

There is not a standard in the questions asked by management. HR's direction is not specific.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate. Ask for a hiring bonus and additional vacation if you are in management.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in January 2010.

Hiring process was long and time consuming. The day of the interview it extended more than 5 hours and meet with managers from numerous departments. It was high stress however they really seemed to be looking for a candidate that not only met the qualification but would fit the culture.

Interview Questions
    • Working on the application that I have no experience with   Answer Question
    There seemed to be little room for negotiation.

Engineer I Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter.

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. I had an interview and an offer within a week of each other. Interview process was very friendly as they seem to value personality just as much as technical knowledge.

Global Marketing Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

I was contacted by the recruiter within 3 weeks of submitting my resume online. The recruiter was very positive and upbeat, a positive experience. The next step was an in-person interview with the "team", HR, and the hiring manager and his team. That took place about two weeks later. They said that they would regroup the following week to decide on candidates.

I believe that it was a very fair interview process. Any questions that might illicit any type of "illegal" response was avoided. Like there were no leading questions about children, marital status, religion, place of residence, nothing like that at all. I left my in-person interview truly with the feeling that if I didn't get the job, then it wasn't for any reason other than I wasn't the right candidate for the job.

I was impressed with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 30-60-90 day plan. Every interviewer asked it. Be ready for it.   Answer Question

Product Surveillance Quality Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in September 2012.

I used a recruiting/staffing company and Baxter did a mass hire for a remediation project. Was called in for an interview with Baxter and met a project manager. She was very relaxed and fun to talk to but I always make interviews a bit more interesting than others. She asked questions about my experience and my leadership style. I kept her laughing a lot. Sometimes, you help your situation if you could connect with people and they understand that you will do great for them, not just for the project, but for overall morale. Got a call from the recruiting company 2 days later saying I had a great interview and was hired for the project 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • HR related questions were the hardest because they test your character. Asked about what you would do in a situation that consists of your friend doing something against company policies. What would you do/how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Baxter in May 2010.

Interview process was very straight forward. Nothing technical or specific questions about the job. It was more an interview to determine if you would gel well with the current people working there.

Interview Questions
    • You have mentioned your best attributes, could you now tell us some of the things you need to work on?   Answer Question
    They wouldn't budge much on the negotiation.

Manufacturing Associate IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Baxter in October 2012.

Quick and Easy. You must be knowledgable of the current events involving the company's business ventures, etc. And, must be knowledgable of the duties/tasks for the position you are applying for within the company.

Interview Questions
    Not much needed...they typically offer an 8%-10% increase of your most current salary.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!