Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

Quality Associate I Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter.

Met Baxter at a job fair and gave them my resume. I received a call about a week later for an interview. (Baxter paid for hotel and gas to get there). I "interviewed" with about 5 different managers and all were very friendly and welcoming. Easiest interviewing process ever.

I did not attempt to negotiate, but would think it would be easy to do so if interested.

Operation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

The interview process is painful. The HR recruiters are disorganized and do not give enough detail or big picture of the interview process. internally, it takes over 3 months to post a position and another month to get candidates then another month for interviews and 1 more month for a candidate to start. Additionally, New Employee Orientation (NEO) is only every 2 weeks so if a candidate is given an offer they must pass the background check (which can take from 5 days to 2 weeks) so you could potentially miss 2 NEO sessions before starting.
    Don't give your notice at your current job until you have completed your background check and have an official start date, not just a letter.

There is not a standard in the questions asked by management. HR's direction is not specific.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate. Ask for a hiring bonus and additional vacation if you are in management.

Engineer I Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. I had an interview and an offer within a week of each other. Interview process was very friendly as they seem to value personality just as much as technical knowledge.

Global Marketing Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

I was contacted by the recruiter within 3 weeks of submitting my resume online. The recruiter was very positive and upbeat, a positive experience. The next step was an in-person interview with the "team", HR, and the hiring manager and his team. That took place about two weeks later. They said that they would regroup the following week to decide on candidates.

I believe that it was a very fair interview process. Any questions that might illicit any type of "illegal" response was avoided. Like there were no leading questions about children, marital status, religion, place of residence, nothing like that at all. I left my in-person interview truly with the feeling that if I didn't get the job, then it wasn't for any reason other than I wasn't the right candidate for the job.

I was impressed with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 30-60-90 day plan. Every interviewer asked it. Be ready for it.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in August 2014.

I initially applied for a quality analyst position (part of due diligence and auditing) when HR contacted me to interview for two separate quality engineering roles. For this role, I had two interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and lasted ~1 hour. Very casual review. Just wanted me to go over my resume and some of experiences. Mostly asked what I thought were the best kind of teams I worked on. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 employees that reported to the hiring manager. One of the interviewers was at working from home and they stressed that there is a lot of workplace flexibility. Manager really caters the employee's experiences to their interests.

Interview Questions
    • "What was the best team you work on and why?   View Answer
    • What did you not like about your previous company, and what did you like? Why?   Answer Question
    Minimal negotiation. I asked if there was room for negotiation and requested a signing bonus and slightly higher pay. HR came back to the same day with the signing bonus but no higher salary.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter in August 2014.

Phone screen, 2 interviews and a co-travel. Typical as far as I'm concerned. A thorough vetting by a recruiter, then a face-to-face with hiring manager, then a co-travel with a sr. rep, then a corp visit. Just like all these gigs except some have and RVP in-between also.

IT Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Got a phone interview and group interview
    On the one on one interview, the team manager and the project manager, we clicked on how the development and support on the application

During the tech interview, it seems there were a clashed on the the technology concepts. They asked about junit, xml, hibernate, spring and JSON., To end the interview soon, I kept saying I do not know junit, json and xml so I can get out it was already pass 1 PM and I started at 10 AM. To be honest I prefer maven over junit

Interview Questions
    • the IT questions are not difficult at all, it is just our personality does not match   View Answer

it is a lateral move for me, no work from home and did not like the team lead. I can be the lead on that team based on my skills but it seems the team lead was threatened

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Baxter.

I applied online though an agency, and i heard back from them fairly quickly. The interview process was great, they were professional and friendly. I received a job offer fairly quickly, however, i decided to turn down the offer because the pay was quite low.

Interview Questions

The Pay rate is fairly low.

Quality Associate Interview

Applied and contacted recruiter, after submitting more info as requested recruiter never called back, answered my emails or anything. Fyi the recruiter is Kelly Services.. not good at all.

Quality Engineering Analyst I Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Baxter in July 2014.

I was referred by a currently employee so I received an email scheduling a phone interview within a couple days. After the initial phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview 3 weeks later with a panel of 4. For an entry-level position, the questions were all fairly predictable behavior questions. Most of them piggy-backed off of experience detailed in my resume. There were a significant amount of scenario questions that required support from a personal experience. It was a casual yet professional vibe as they were mostly trying to gauge whether my personality suited their needs.

Interview Questions
    • If you were juggling multiple projects and knew that you wouldn't be able to meet some of the deadlines, how would you prioritize under the premise that an extension request would not be permitted?   Answer Question

It was not one of my preferred shift times.