Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Contacted by HR for a 15 minute interview over the phone and then asked to come in for in person interview with manufacturing superintendents and supervisors. Most questions involved if OT, weekends, and working holidays would be a problem. I asked if weekends include Sunday's and if holidays meant Christmas? The response was the company expects all of its employees to be flexible for business needs but try to accommodate employees by keeping weekends and holidays to an 8 hour work day. Yikes!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took one month from the time of my application to the time of receiving a job offer. Several rounds, starting with the HR person who evaluates your fit for the position, following the phone screen with the hiring manager, F2F interviews with the team members and additional phone interviews. I was interviewed for the Cambridge site, the future Baxalta biopharmaceutical company, and was surprised with high-quality professionalism and expertise of the interviewing team. The atmosphere is pretty casual, but you really need to understand your field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you manage a process/project from scratch?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

They put you in a room and ask you questions about you, your resume, and your qualifications. They also let you ask questions about the job and the company.

Overall they asked really dumb and easy questions (i.e. tell us about a leadership experience when you managed xyz, etc.). Should have been an indicator that I would be working with idiots.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time when you managed a conflict.

Tell us about xyz on your resume.

What do you do for fun outside of work.

Why did you choose to pursue your MBA at Kellogg?

Answer Question

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very comprehensive and enjoyable. Extensive oppurtunity to ask questions in regards to the position. Complimentary of the past work expereince I have. Interview was geared not only to current needs but also focused on future employment gains and outlook.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baxter (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Only one 30 minute interview. The interview was pretty simple. Several behavioral questions asking about times when I dealt with a difficult coworker, why I was interested in Baxter, and what area I was most interested in at Baxter. After the interview, I was slightly confused how Baxter was going to hire interns after a basic 30 minute interview. It turns out I didn't get an offer, but the interview wasn't too bad. Strange to see a company such as Baxter with such a simple interview process to be offered an internship position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Interviewed by two individuals at the same time, followed by a typing and writing test. The interview consisted of many situation questions. The typing test was really easy which can be found on any search engine. Writing test consisted of rearranging a 'medical device complaint' paragraph in chronological order.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses (name 2)?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflicting demands. How did you deal with this situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What has been your largest accomplishment in your professional career thus far?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time when you had to face an ethical decision in your professional career and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What does current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), mean to you?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online to sort of a broad "Sr. Engineers" posting and was contacted within a day or two from someone from HR to discuss which positions I would be best for. I then formally applied for two positions in particular and was contacted for a phone interview for one. The phone interview was pretty easy (it was with HR). Then she talked to the hiring manager and they decided to bring me in for a panel interview with 4 people all at one. The interview was scheduled for an hour, and went just a tad over. Everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to.

Something that I want to mention, is that when I applied, I had to check a salary range desired. My desired salary was sort of right on the cusp and I didn't know if I should choose the lower or higher. I decided to pick the lower range and figured I could negotiate towards the top of that if they made a low offer. When my job offer came in, it was the top value of that range, which was actually what I thought was just about right and I am very happy with. So picking the lower range did not hurt me.

Also, I didn't get the offer until ~2.5 weeks after the interview. They had planned to make a decision at least a week prior, so I thought I didn't get the position. I think it just takes longer than they think it will sometimes.

HR lady was super nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe what type(s) of engineering tools you would use to uncover the root cause of a product failure.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter.

Interview

A little more casual than what I am used to. Approximately full day. Required I did a presentation (open to all who wanted to attend); the topic was given me a few days before interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Regret not having negotiated hard.

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then face-to-face interview by 5 people. It is so hard to make so many people like you through such a long time, if everyone has strong opinions and if other interviewers have different expectations from the hiring manager. Some questions will never have good answers. Such an interview process can completely destroy an interviewee's confidence to get a job in a big company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

Interview

One campus interview and an onsite interview. The interviews were several months apart, I thought I had been rejected from the position! The campus interview was only 30 minutes, nothing out of the ordinary, just going over my resume. The onsite interview was no-nonsense, no frills, got right down to the brass tacks for the position and its benefits. There were four interviews, all with very kind people that were very accomplished but were not trying to trip you up. Most interview questions specific to my prior experience, some behavioral. They even gave me their own advice, during my very short interviews. Their answers to my own questions were honest and passionate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that did not go according to plan.   Answer Question