Baxter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Associate Interview

Quality Associate

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – Applied and contacted recruiter, after submitting more info as requested recruiter never called back, answered my emails or anything. Fyi the recruiter is Kelly Services.. not good at all.

Interview Question – Asked technical experience, easy questions like that.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee, three weeks later a recruiter contacted me one time. Returned the call with no avail, had to call the recruiter THREE more times before she returned the call. Went for an in-person interview after that.

Interview Questions

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen. Brought in to meet with multiple individuals on the team. Interview questions were great, focusing both on experience and personality. Cultural fit was very important, which is critical to success for both the candidate and the company. Very open to questions in return. Overall an excellent interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Specific efforts around adding value   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in February 2010.

Interview Details – On campus MBA interview was pretty standard. Looked for fit, subject matter knowledge, passion for healthcare and the company specifically. Interviewers were very cordial and professional. They wanted someone who really knew about the company and what they stood for, they were also very big on fit with the corporate culture.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you failed at your job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had a 5-person panel interview consisting of managers and supervisors from various departments and was asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you questions about it and will have to talk about a situation, the action you took and the result. About a week later, Baxter made an offer and Hiregenics, the temp agency that they work with, called me to make an appointment to take the math/reading comprehension exam. I passed the exam then it was onto the paperwork, drug test, and physical exam. The initial salary was a lot lower than I was expecting, especially since I have a bachelor science degree.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you followed EPA and OHSA policies and safety guidelines.   View Answer

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Senior Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a staffing agency and told I would have an in person interview in a week .The interview consisted of two separate 30 minute time slots and it ran pretty smoothly..

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things did not go as planned, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was simple/behavioral. Questions about background, education, past experience. Then I had an on-site interview with multiple meetings and a panel interview at the end with a technical challenge question.

Interview Question – You are given a diagram of a process that is not working. Explain what could be the reason.   View Answer

Manufacturing Supervisor I Interview

Manufacturing Supervisor I
Marion, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – I approached Baxter through a College career fair. I am a biomedical engineer by trade, but I still was interested in what the manufacturing position could offer me. The initial interview was done on campus for me, and then the on-site interview was scheduled a couple weeks later. The HR department was very efficient in organizing anything (plus for a larger company). The interview day consisted of a series of 6 interviews. After spending the time to go out there and meet with everyone, I was very disappointed and a little frustrated when 2 of the 6 people had to cancel on me due to some prior commitment. Why schedule someone to interview, if they know they are not going to be available? Poor planning.

Interview Question – The hardest question, was also the most expected. "Tell me about a time that you have overcome a challenge." Although this is one of the most frequently asked questions for interviews, I still feel that it was difficult. Besides that question, which wasn't really that difficult, the rest of the interview(s) were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Sophomore Leadership Program Interview

Sophomore Leadership Program

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – I applied through my school's online career center. Around 3 weeks after applying there I was notified by Baxter that I had qualified for an interview. I was then invited to a pre-night dinner with some full time members of the Baxter team and former interns. The next day I arrived for the interview, which lasted around 25 minutes. Around 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Baxter notifying me that I was accepted into the program.

Interview Question – For me this was a pretty easy question to answer but I can see it being difficult for others. Why are you interested in the pharmaceutical business? Mind you this interview was for first semester college sophomores.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied late April and was contacted by a technical director himself after about a week. Did a phone interview about a week later. Didn't go through the HR department to schedule the interview. The tech director and I exchanged some informal emails about when to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. He asked questions like how I handle pressure and fast-paced workplace, why I chose my major, what I can contribute to his department, and how I would solve an engineering problem with minimal information. Was contacted a day after to do a Skype interview. It was short as he mainly wanted to see the face of the intern before he hired. He asked why he should hire me and not other qualified candidates.
Overall, it was very informal and fast.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you and not others?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!

Baxter Videos

Baxter – Why Work for Us?

A global diversified healthcare company and industry leader Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baxter interview questions and advice. All 140 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baxter employees and interview candidates.