Baxter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sophomore Leadership Program Interview

Sophomore Leadership Program

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – I applied through my school's online career center. Around 3 weeks after applying there I was notified by Baxter that I had qualified for an interview. I was then invited to a pre-night dinner with some full time members of the Baxter team and former interns. The next day I arrived for the interview, which lasted around 25 minutes. Around 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Baxter notifying me that I was accepted into the program.

Interview Question – For me this was a pretty easy question to answer but I can see it being difficult for others. Why are you interested in the pharmaceutical business? Mind you this interview was for first semester college sophomores.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied late April and was contacted by a technical director himself after about a week. Did a phone interview about a week later. Didn't go through the HR department to schedule the interview. The tech director and I exchanged some informal emails about when to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. He asked questions like how I handle pressure and fast-paced workplace, why I chose my major, what I can contribute to his department, and how I would solve an engineering problem with minimal information. Was contacted a day after to do a Skype interview. It was short as he mainly wanted to see the face of the intern before he hired. He asked why he should hire me and not other qualified candidates.
Overall, it was very informal and fast.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you and not others?   Answer Question

Operations Development Program Interview

Operations Development Program
Westlake Village, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then completed detailed questionnaire, then had a phone interview with HR, then attended an in-person interview day in Westlake Village, CA. The interview day consisted of 6 interviews with both HR and managers from the different potential job sites. Heard back a few weeks later from HR that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – Describe your leadership style in one word.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Baxter in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process took about two months of panel interviews and tiugh questions. They mainly want to know if you can work under pressure and what are your biggest pressure relievers.

Interview Question – What does Iso mean and stand for? I was interviewing for the labs so this was important to them. How do you work with and team and How do you handle a missed deadline?   View Answer

Investigator I (Temp) Interview

Investigator I (Temp)
Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in March 2014.

Interview Details – Gave my resume to a hiring manager through a school dinner event. Contacted by HR representative a week after about a position opening (temp) in the Glendale location. On-site Interview was set up to be two days afterwards.

Met and interviewed by two engineers who were working on the project/department that I would be put into. The interview process was very sloppy and lacked preparation. They just stared at my resume and tried to think of questions on the spot. Pretty generic questions like did you ever run into problems with your supervisor and how did you resolve it? How well do you work under pressure? Etc. Nothing special. One catch for this position was that they preferred somebody that could work within the first couple weeks after the interview. Unfortunately, I was still in school and was set to graduate in June (which they knew). But they did emphasize that they were more than willing to wait for a highly qualified candidate.

They told me that they will get in contact within two weeks after the interview. Never got back to me so I sent out an email with the person I interviewed with. No response. Emailed the HR rep who then went on to tell me they filled the position.

Overall, the interview process was relatively lacking compared to those I had in the past. But I don't think the department speaks for the whole company's interviewing process.

Interview Question – No technical questions. More behavioral questions such as how do you work under pressure, working with teams, supervisors, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Communications Interview

Senior Marketing Communications
Deerfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baxter in March 2010.

Interview Details – Typically screened over the phone and then interviewed with a team

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from a recruiter and he submitted me for the position. Got a call within a week to interview on-site. It was a 2 hour interview, first with the manager and then with the Sr. Engineer. Entire process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – It was an easy interview. They asked questions from my resume only.   Answer Question

Engineer II - Contract Interview

Engineer II - Contract

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Phone interview, interview with manager, interview with project manager

Interview Question – describe your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Quality Assurance Inspector
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in September 2010.

Interview Details – Kelly Services Contacted me, I went on one interview with Baxter and spoke to 3 people. They were impressed with my background and hired me as a temporary worker.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult at all. They asked me if I would work overtime, that seemed to be their main concern.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through the website and after two weeks, I got a call from HR. Interview with the hiring manager was done then a panel phone interview followed. Another panel review was scheduled and was flow to site for the interview. Questions asked were very technical tothe point that an easy question becomes harder due to attention tominute details.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult. HR offer was lower than expected.