Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

The interview consisted of a brief phone conversation with the team I was going to work for. They asked mostly general questions about my education and experience. It was not difficult or extraordinary.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

I was contacted by a external recruiter. Multiple phone interviews with recruiter, and a extensive phone interview with the hiring manager and boss. I was brought in for face to face interviews. I met with 4 people and was given excellent feedback by the recruiter. Subsequently, I was brought back in to meet again with the hiring manger and HR person again, but was asked to present a plan, and again recieved positive feedback. Two days later, received email from recruiter that the position was put on hold and given no further explanation.

Interview Questions
    • Given the Global Market what is your strategy to bring a new product to market?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in November 2014.

Phone interview with a human resources manager followed by another phone interview with a finance manager a week later. Both were very friendly and the conversations were quite casual. The second interview was a bit more challenging (not technical), but certainly not difficult. Really they are just looking for people who would be a good fit with the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • All the basics. Be prepared to talk about leadership experiences and how they would relate to the company.   Answer Question

Quality Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in October 2014.

Interview process was easy and straightforward. I was contacted by HR over email approximately 3 weeks after applying to the position online and was asked to interview at the facility later in the week. No phone interview. The in-person interview was short and very casual. The interview team was a group of 3 quality team members of varying position. The questions were straightforward and mostly revolved around my previous work experiences while in university. The rest were basic behavioral questions concerning quality management.

Quality Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter in October 2014.

About 2 weeks after applying online I received an email to set up a phone interview time and they also asked for my compensation expectations. During the phone interview the guy asked about my experiences and how I deal with leading a group on a project.

Interview Questions
    • What is a gram stain and how would you go about performing a gram stain?   View Answer
    • Tell me how you would make media (of your choosing).   Answer Question

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in October 2014.

Had a very vague interview with HR, received a couple emails. Later from out from a friend that they only really hire by referral and give you are hard time on interviews. They shouldn't waste people's time. The reality is that it is not what you know it is who you know.

Interview Questions
    • What do I know about the company. I answered; however, the HR rep kept harping on a question I honestly answered and kept brining that up in so many words. If you can't get past HR you are pretty much dead in the water.   Answer Question

Quality Associate I Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter.

Met Baxter at a job fair and gave them my resume. I received a call about a week later for an interview. (Baxter paid for hotel and gas to get there). I "interviewed" with about 5 different managers and all were very friendly and welcoming. Easiest interviewing process ever.

I did not attempt to negotiate, but would think it would be easy to do so if interested.

Health Outcomes Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter in September 2014.

30 mins phone interview. The interviewer read my resume while talking to me. Ask my past experience of my research projects. What kind of databases and statistical software I used. No hard questions. Just explained my research experience on data management and data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what kind of databases you have worked on.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter in September 2014.

Met with a panel of 3 people. The questions were somewhat standard but challenging none the less. The interview lasted an hour. I was given a quick tour following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment am I most proud of in my career   View Answer
    I was hired by a temp agency. They negotiated a couple dollars an hour more for me. I could have asked for more.

Operation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

The interview process is painful. The HR recruiters are disorganized and do not give enough detail or big picture of the interview process. internally, it takes over 3 months to post a position and another month to get candidates then another month for interviews and 1 more month for a candidate to start. Additionally, New Employee Orientation (NEO) is only every 2 weeks so if a candidate is given an offer they must pass the background check (which can take from 5 days to 2 weeks) so you could potentially miss 2 NEO sessions before starting.
    Don't give your notice at your current job until you have completed your background check and have an official start date, not just a letter.

There is not a standard in the questions asked by management. HR's direction is not specific.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate. Ask for a hiring bonus and additional vacation if you are in management.