Baxter

2.8

Manufacturing Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

I approached Baxter through a College career fair. I am a biomedical engineer by trade, but I still was interested in what the manufacturing position could offer me. The initial interview was done on campus for me, and then the on-site interview was scheduled a couple weeks later. The HR department was very efficient in organizing anything (plus for a larger company). The interview day consisted of a series of 6 interviews. After spending the time to go out there and meet with everyone, I was very disappointed and a little frustrated when 2 of the 6 people had to cancel on me due to some prior commitment. Why schedule someone to interview, if they know they are not going to be available? Poor planning.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question, was also the most expected. "Tell me about a time that you have overcome a challenge." Although this is one of the most frequently asked questions for interviews, I still feel that it was difficult. Besides that question, which wasn't really that difficult, the rest of the interview(s) were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Sophomore Leadership Program Interview

I applied through my school's online career center. Around 3 weeks after applying there I was notified by Baxter that I had qualified for an interview. I was then invited to a pre-night dinner with some full time members of the Baxter team and former interns. The next day I arrived for the interview, which lasted around 25 minutes. Around 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Baxter notifying me that I was accepted into the program.

Interview Questions
    • For me this was a pretty easy question to answer but I can see it being difficult for others. Why are you interested in the pharmaceutical business? Mind you this interview was for first semester college sophomores.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

I had a 5-person panel interview consisting of managers and supervisors from various departments and was asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you questions about it and will have to talk about a situation, the action you took and the result. About a week later, Baxter made an offer and Hiregenics, the temp agency that they work with, called me to make an appointment to take the math/reading comprehension exam. I passed the exam then it was onto the paperwork, drug test, and physical exam. The initial salary was a lot lower than I was expecting, especially since I have a bachelor science degree.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you followed EPA and OHSA policies and safety guidelines.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

Applied late April and was contacted by a technical director himself after about a week. Did a phone interview about a week later. Didn't go through the HR department to schedule the interview. The tech director and I exchanged some informal emails about when to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. He asked questions like how I handle pressure and fast-paced workplace, why I chose my major, what I can contribute to his department, and how I would solve an engineering problem with minimal information. Was contacted a day after to do a Skype interview. It was short as he mainly wanted to see the face of the intern before he hired. He asked why he should hire me and not other qualified candidates.
    Overall, it was very informal and fast.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

I was contacted by HR for the screening. The HR representative told me after the interview, if you don't have any response in 2 weeks feel free to send me an email. After two weeks I sent an email, no response. After 4 weeks I sent and email, no one response. Then I was contacted by the Hiring Manager. I had my onsite interview. During the interview one of the interviewer was answering the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What are you weakness? The interviewer gave an example about one of his weakness "I cannot be doing 2 or 3 things at the same time. Then, I thought; What are you doing here?   View Answer

Engineer II - Contract Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter.

Phone interview, interview with manager, interview with project manager

Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

i had a initial phone interview for 30 minutes and I was called for an on-site interview the next week. It was a two hour interview with the senior manager, project manager and principal engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question were from the resume. Some common questions like, why do you want to work in Baxter? why do we have to hire you? How do you fit in a collaborated team? how do you handle a situation where your work is delayed because of others in your team? the questions were real time problem solving with their current project.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Got a call from a recruiter and he submitted me for the position. Got a call within a week to interview on-site. It was a 2 hour interview, first with the manager and then with the Sr. Engineer. Entire process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • It was an easy interview. They asked questions from my resume only.   Answer Question

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Applied online, then completed detailed questionnaire, then had a phone interview with HR, then attended an in-person interview day in Westlake Village, CA. The interview day consisted of 6 interviews with both HR and managers from the different potential job sites. Heard back a few weeks later from HR that I had gotten the job.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

I was contacted by a staffing agency and told I would have an in person interview in a week .The interview consisted of two separate 30 minute time slots and it ran pretty smoothly..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when things did not go as planned, how did you handle it?   Answer Question