www.baxter.com

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

TDP Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

It was an campus interview. The interview itself was fairly standard and friendly. The interviewer was on time and pleasant, although her english made understanding questions slightly difficult. Overall, not too bad, not too great.

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter in April 2014.

Applied online, then completed detailed questionnaire, then had a phone interview with HR, then attended an in-person interview day in Westlake Village, CA. The interview day consisted of 6 interviews with both HR and managers from the different potential job sites. Heard back a few weeks later from HR that I had gotten the job.

Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in March 2014.

The interview was 30 minutes long and it was panel style. The interviewers were extremely friendly and the asked pretty basic and simple questions. They also seemed to love working for Baxter and overall the interview was more of a friendly discussion than an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever faced an ethical issue in your professional career, and if so, how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

In a nutshell the interviewers are not formally trained to interview. You may be asked one of many behavioral questions that are available to interviewers on the Baxter intranet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to tell your manager bad news.   Answer Question

ITDP Interview

Applied in early January of 2014 and received an email from HR in late February to interview. Talked to directors of the program at college career fair and information sessions. They got to know me very well as I stayed and talked to the directors for an hour. Interview was the next day and wasn't too bad. Simple behavioral questions.

Investigator I (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in March 2014.

Gave my resume to a hiring manager through a school dinner event. Contacted by HR representative a week after about a position opening (temp) in the Glendale location. On-site Interview was set up to be two days afterwards.

Met and interviewed by two engineers who were working on the project/department that I would be put into. The interview process was very sloppy and lacked preparation. They just stared at my resume and tried to think of questions on the spot. Pretty generic questions like did you ever run into problems with your supervisor and how did you resolve it? How well do you work under pressure? Etc. Nothing special. One catch for this position was that they preferred somebody that could work within the first couple weeks after the interview. Unfortunately, I was still in school and was set to graduate in June (which they knew). But they did emphasize that they were more than willing to wait for a highly qualified candidate.

They told me that they will get in contact within two weeks after the interview. Never got back to me so I sent out an email with the person I interviewed with. No response. Emailed the HR rep who then went on to tell me they filled the position.

Overall, the interview process was relatively lacking compared to those I had in the past. But I don't think the department speaks for the whole company's interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. More behavioral questions such as how do you work under pressure, working with teams, supervisors, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Tedious. Multiple interviews starting with an email list of questions. IF you make it past that, you get a phone interview with the recruiter, then they set up an in person that lasts 4 hours with at least 4 different managers. I worked as a contractor for 6 months then got hired finally. They like to keep contractors for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • They are all difficult as they are situational questions. Be prepared to asnwer many, many questions over 4 hours that are the same but phrased differently. They also expect you to have on the spot real life examples for each question.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I made in the current department and it was a better location so I took it without trying to negotiate.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Hiring process was fast - took 2 weeks to setup the interview to offer letter. First was a phone screen - second came the personal f2f 2 hours.

Was not able to negotiate - as the offer was fair compared to the market.

Director, Business Development Interview

3 interviews with senior leadership. Referred by current employee.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baxter in February 2014.

After several interviews with Baxter I note that Baxter is thorough, inclusive and professional. Staffing will handle the interview cycle and Baxter is welll prepared. For one position, I interviewed with 8 people in one day. To date my experiences have been positive and the employees committed. It is difficult to get an interview without an internal referral.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method (situation, task, action and result) of interviewing. The question usually begins with "Tell me a time when..." Nothing overly difficult, however Baxter expects a resulting outcome that is positive and somethign achieved.   Answer Question