Baxter

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs-Englewood, CO Interview

Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs-Englewood, CO
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in November 2013.

Interview Details – Job was posted in late SEP 2013. I applied in late OCT. Interviewed by site HR phone screen within 2 weeks. On site interview mid-NOV. Interview was with hiring DIrector, VP marketing and QS Sr. Manager as well as dept staff (2). This was a back fill for someone that left the role in early August. My impression was that the role posted was not the appropriate level for the job, as this person would be the top RA staffer responsible for 3 sites (2 in CO, one in FL). They also had a major workload with integrating into Baxter, as well as remediation of legacy design files and commercialization of new products. After talking to the dept staff, my impression was that they hired under-qualified RA staff. Plus I was told that the dept used to consist of 5 people (now 2). 2+2=red flags. They basically approached me as if I was the dream candidate and then dissed me by not communicating that they choose another less qualified and lower salaried person. I look at it as a blessing.

Interview Question – Sr. DIR RA asked (via phone interview) "If you were hired, what would make you walk out the door".   View Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Baxter in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very long recruiting process. HR are very slow and opaque. The on-site interview was relaxed and everyone very polite and engaged. I applied online in May 2013, received first call in September, interviewed on site in November. The job was put "on hold indefinitely" in December 2013.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Getting to an on-site interview is difficult.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Round Lake, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in April 2010.

Interview Details – Round one of interviews is with 4-5 people including the boss, the boss's boss, and two to three of the boss's peers.

Second round is with the boss, HR, and another one of the boss's peers.

Third round is with the boss.

Interview Question – N/a - fairly straight forward, nothing out of the ordinary. Just try to be liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry level.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic and simplistic interview. No need to worry. If you have a college degree (science or engineering) you'll feel like you're dealing with idiots (HR).

Interview Question – Do you think you'll be happy here?   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview as the initial screening process, then about 10 one on one interviews either face to face or videoconference. I interviewed with several people on the team including the VP of the business unit and a few directors on other brands within the franchise. The process only took a few weeks from start to finish. The interview experience was really great. I got to chat with a wide range of folks which gave me a great sense of the culture of the team. Honestly, I think the background check was one of the longest parts of the process (about 2 weeks).

Interview Question – I had a lot of questions about previous experience and how it would transfer to the current role. I also received a lot of questions regarding my ability to think strategically and also execute on tactics. A lot of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you had to differentiate your product from competitors. Tell me about how you've used data to tell a story. What do you expect to accomplish in 3--60-90 days? What do you think your biggest challenges will be? The most unexpected question was "who is your hero?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Much of the negotiation was handled by my recruiter. They did negotiate on the sign on bonus and a bit on salary as well. They also gave me an additional week of vacation.

Global Delivery Manager Interview

Global Delivery Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Process is long and they had asked me to come for a personal interview. It tool more than 3 hours and no gap

Interview Question – Same question different people other than that just regular questions   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baxter in October 2013.

Interview Details – First and Second round on campus. First round was basic with behavioral questions. Focused on resume and current experiences. Behavioral questions were not difficult. Wanted to just get to know you and your resume. Most of the questions they aimed to have you talk about your resume experiences. During the interview, bring up current events and new acquisitions to start discussion.

Interview Question – Focused a lot on ethical dilemmas and behavioral questions to connect your experiences   Answer Question

Global Technical Services/Solutions Delivery Interview

Global Technical Services/Solutions Delivery

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in September 2013.

Interview Details – Well prepared and trying to get the most information out of me for the Interview. The took a multi-level approach by doing written questions, phone interview then onsite interview.

Interview Question – Describe what processes you have implemented around project governance and prioritization?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in July 2013.

Interview Details – I am an experienced professional at the mid-senior to senior level who was recruited to apply for a contract consulting position with Baxter in Deerfield, IL. The whole experience was really strange, and in retrospect, sent off several red flags. First, the recruiter described an ideal job description that matched my experience, recommended some changes to my resume and then submitted my resume for the job. I was never interviewed. While I awaited a response, I did some cursory searching and found some job postings linking back to this opportunity dating back several months. Each time they reflected deviations, lack of clarity and terrible spelling and grammar. I concluded the job had been available for about five months prior to my recruitment and the position seemed unclear like they didn't know what they wanted. This was the first red flag I rationalized as being due to an area that was in development. Then I was part of a group of scheduled phone interviews that the contacts at Baxter had simply blown off. We were scheduled a week in advance and we waited all afternoon for the phone call that never came. This is the 2nd red flag I thought could be explained by simply being busy in a changing environment. Over a week passed and the recruiter called me with another time for the phone interview. This time they called and the interview went well seemingly focused on the soft skills of demeanor and behavioral interactions. I was asked to describe my current position, and I was asked about my familiarity with some software applications. We then scheduled a face-to-face interview through the recruiter. I was excited based on the job description and the company's position within the marketplace. Based on what I had been told of the job, it was a perfect match across the board. Well, it is no surprise after ignoring the initial red flags that this was the absolute worst interview experience I ever encountered. They were closed; not forthcoming; would not engage in discussions pertaining to the job; paused and carefully selected the words in their responses; they weren't professional in appearance or demeanor; they didn't seem to be able to discuss the job. The interview was painful, like pulling teeth. They didn't ask one typical interview question. They didn't know how to interview and the inability to discuss the job became alarming. The substance of the interview centered on meetings and SharePoint. They couldn't discuss methodologies, leadership styles, conflict resolutions... I wasn't asked about my strengths and weaknesses, where I see myself in five years, what I liked best about anything in my resume. In fact, there was no discussion of my resume. It was like there wasn't a real job available, or at least not the one they promoted. My conclusion after this huge waste of time that left me feeling like The Twilight Zone is like they weren't serious about the promoted position but couldn't change the description too much because that description is what they were vying for in attaining internal headcount. It seemed like I was interviewing for a job that was eventually going to someone internally once the headcount was attained. The recruiters and the candidates were just pawns for making the case that they looked externally for contract consultants but couldn't find one that fit so now they need the internal headcount to hire.... internally! It may result in an additional contract administrative assistant position, but not a mid-senior level project lead position. Truly the worst experience ever, and never a thank you for your time... or an explanation or apology for the scheduled phone interviews that left candidates and recruiters waiting only to get blown off. I added so much detail because it speaks volumes to the internal culture.

Interview Question – This is funny. Absolutely no typical or relevant questions were asked, but I was insulted and shocked when asked at the end, "So have you ever managed a project before?" Really?!   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – If you are contacted through a temp agency, they will be the ones setting up everything for you and guiding you along the way. First is the phone interview and then the in-person interview where you meet with your manager and a few others you would be working with. During my in-person interview, I got a quick tour of the plant as well.

Interview Question – What is traceability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty fixed since I was being hired through a temp agency.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter