Baxter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Baxter (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I applied online though an agency, and i heard back from them fairly quickly. The interview process was great, they were professional and friendly. I received a job offer fairly quickly, however, i decided to turn down the offer because the pay was quite low.

Interview Questions

The Pay rate is fairly low.

Quality Associate Interview

Interview

Applied and contacted recruiter, after submitting more info as requested recruiter never called back, answered my emails or anything. Fyi the recruiter is Kelly Services.. not good at all.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by recruiter for initial phone screen. Brought in to meet with multiple individuals on the team. Interview questions were great, focusing both on experience and personality. Cultural fit was very important, which is critical to success for both the candidate and the company. Very open to questions in return. Overall an excellent interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Specific efforts around adding value   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Baxter in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a currently employee so I received an email scheduling a phone interview within a couple days. After the initial phone interview, I received an invitation for an in-person interview 3 weeks later with a panel of 4. For an entry-level position, the questions were all fairly predictable behavior questions. Most of them piggy-backed off of experience detailed in my resume. There were a significant amount of scenario questions that required support from a personal experience. It was a casual yet professional vibe as they were mostly trying to gauge whether my personality suited their needs.

Interview Questions

• If you were juggling multiple projects and knew that you wouldn't be able to meet some of the deadlines, how would you prioritize under the premise that an extension request would not be permitted?   Answer Question

It was not one of my preferred shift times.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, three weeks later a recruiter contacted me one time. Returned the call with no avail, had to call the recruiter THREE more times before she returned the call. Went for an in-person interview after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baxter in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position on-line. The initial communications was made by the Director of Human Resources via email. Much time had passed since applying that I didn't even remember when I applied...I was surprised. After several emails back and forth (spanning 2 business days) we were able to coordinate a date and time for an initial phone interview. The HR director was upbeat and really just confirmed more details that were not specified on my resume. After the phone interview HR director felt confident that my qualifications would make me a good candidate for the position as well as another opening so the HR director scheduled me for a dual phone interview in the afternoon on Tuesday with 2 hiring managers via conference call. Well on the scheduled day...I waited and waited for their phone call until 5pm. After which I sent an email to the HR director about not being called and whether or not I had gotten the dates mixed up. The HR director initially scheduled the phone interview for Wednesday but told me Tuesday! On the rescheduled phone interview day, I received the call as scheduled. One hiring manager was from the Micro lab while the other was from the Biochem lab. Both described their work environments briefly before asking questions that basically summed up my resume. I perceived both hiring managers to be cold and standoff-ish in the tone of their voices. Both hiring managers wanted to know if I had any formal training or relative experience in investigations. I replied that I learned about industrial hazard investigations in a college-level continuing education safety class but I had not conducted an official investigation on-site. After my response the interview was basically over and they even told me that I would not move further on in the interview process. The following day the HR director sent me a "formal" email saying the hiring managers were looking at more experienced candidates for the position. In the same email, the HR director said she would recommend me to her colleague who may have positions I was qualified for and gave me her colleague's contact info.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that did not go as planned or failed.   Answer Question

Quality Control Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

There was a Job Fair at Los Angeles, CA and the Managers, Directors and Supervisors from the Quality Control group were present. It was a great opportunity to meet with each one individually. The Director gave an overall picture of the Quality Control department. The manager talked about the project they have and the skills set they were looking for.The supervisors talked about the day to day activities. I was able to get the business cards from some and sent them a thank you letter for answering my questions and expressing my interest.

Interview Questions

• Describe your skills and expertise as a chemist in a Quality Control Laboratory.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Marion, NC).

Interview

I approached Baxter through a College career fair. I am a biomedical engineer by trade, but I still was interested in what the manufacturing position could offer me. The initial interview was done on campus for me, and then the on-site interview was scheduled a couple weeks later. The HR department was very efficient in organizing anything (plus for a larger company). The interview day consisted of a series of 6 interviews. After spending the time to go out there and meet with everyone, I was very disappointed and a little frustrated when 2 of the 6 people had to cancel on me due to some prior commitment. Why schedule someone to interview, if they know they are not going to be available? Poor planning.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question, was also the most expected. "Tell me about a time that you have overcome a challenge." Although this is one of the most frequently asked questions for interviews, I still feel that it was difficult. Besides that question, which wasn't really that difficult, the rest of the interview(s) were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Sophomore Leadership Program Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's online career center. Around 3 weeks after applying there I was notified by Baxter that I had qualified for an interview. I was then invited to a pre-night dinner with some full time members of the Baxter team and former interns. The next day I arrived for the interview, which lasted around 25 minutes. Around 2 weeks later I received a phone call from Baxter notifying me that I was accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• For me this was a pretty easy question to answer but I can see it being difficult for others. Why are you interested in the pharmaceutical business? Mind you this interview was for first semester college sophomores.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a 5-person panel interview consisting of managers and supervisors from various departments and was asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you questions about it and will have to talk about a situation, the action you took and the result. About a week later, Baxter made an offer and Hiregenics, the temp agency that they work with, called me to make an appointment to take the math/reading comprehension exam. I passed the exam then it was onto the paperwork, drug test, and physical exam. The initial salary was a lot lower than I was expecting, especially since I have a bachelor science degree.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you followed EPA and OHSA policies and safety guidelines.   1 Answer