Baxter

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.8

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Hiring process was fast - took 2 weeks to setup the interview to offer letter. First was a phone screen - second came the personal f2f 2 hours.

Was not able to negotiate - as the offer was fair compared to the market.

Director, Business Development Interview

3 interviews with senior leadership. Referred by current employee.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baxter in February 2014.

After several interviews with Baxter I note that Baxter is thorough, inclusive and professional. Staffing will handle the interview cycle and Baxter is welll prepared. For one position, I interviewed with 8 people in one day. To date my experiences have been positive and the employees committed. It is difficult to get an interview without an internal referral.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method (situation, task, action and result) of interviewing. The question usually begins with "Tell me a time when..." Nothing overly difficult, however Baxter expects a resulting outcome that is positive and somethign achieved.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in January 2014.

It was simple as I was hired through personal reference by my Boss. It was mostly HR negotiation on Salary

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in November 2013.

Very long recruiting process. HR are very slow and opaque. The on-site interview was relaxed and everyone very polite and engaged. I applied online in May 2013, received first call in September, interviewed on site in November. The job was put "on hold indefinitely" in December 2013.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Getting to an on-site interview is difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs-Englewood, CO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in November 2013.

Job was posted in late SEP 2013. I applied in late OCT. Interviewed by site HR phone screen within 2 weeks. On site interview mid-NOV. Interview was with hiring DIrector, VP marketing and QS Sr. Manager as well as dept staff (2). This was a back fill for someone that left the role in early August. My impression was that the role posted was not the appropriate level for the job, as this person would be the top RA staffer responsible for 3 sites (2 in CO, one in FL). They also had a major workload with integrating into Baxter, as well as remediation of legacy design files and commercialization of new products. After talking to the dept staff, my impression was that they hired under-qualified RA staff. Plus I was told that the dept used to consist of 5 people (now 2). 2+2=red flags. They basically approached me as if I was the dream candidate and then dissed me by not communicating that they choose another less qualified and lower salaried person. I look at it as a blessing.

Interview Questions
    • Sr. DIR RA asked (via phone interview) "If you were hired, what would make you walk out the door".   View Answer

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baxter in October 2013.

First and Second round on campus. First round was basic with behavioral questions. Focused on resume and current experiences. Behavioral questions were not difficult. Wanted to just get to know you and your resume. Most of the questions they aimed to have you talk about your resume experiences. During the interview, bring up current events and new acquisitions to start discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Focused a lot on ethical dilemmas and behavioral questions to connect your experiences   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

If you are contacted through a temp agency, they will be the ones setting up everything for you and guiding you along the way. First is the phone interview and then the in-person interview where you meet with your manager and a few others you would be working with. During my in-person interview, I got a quick tour of the plant as well.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty fixed since I was being hired through a temp agency.

Global Technical Services/Solutions Delivery Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in September 2013.

Well prepared and trying to get the most information out of me for the Interview. The took a multi-level approach by doing written questions, phone interview then onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what processes you have implemented around project governance and prioritization?   View Answer

Operations Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter.

9 different interviews, 2 with the hiring manager. Each interview talked about various subjects (i.e. leadership, personal goals,

Interview Questions
    • They give a brief and broad description of the job, and then ask you how your skills make you a good fit for this role given your past experiences.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.