Baxter

140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Internship Interview

Finance Analyst Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Baxter in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were 4 interviews. 2 rounds with 2 interviews each. The interview was all behavioral and really asked why you would want to work with Baxter and why Baxter is one of your top choices. Asked about my resume and had me go through relevant experiences. Having good questions in the end is also important as they left about 20 minutes worth of time for questions. I think they purposely end it early to see how you could carry on a conversation.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just really stress on why Baxter. One tip is to talk about their rotational program and opportunity to work abroad.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great company, but interested in a different industry.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Very long process. 3 phone interviews, 9 in person interviews. A case study presentation was a little strange. Every contact was unique and interesting. Still defining the role. Pretty standard interview with exception of long decision making timeline. Hiring manager was pretty detailed about their vision and what the expectations are. All parties were familiar with my résumé and prepared to meet with me.

Interview Question – Really nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The benefits are fantastic and salary competitive. I negotiated a higher salary by having all my facts ready.

Manufacturing Technician II (Temp) Interview

Manufacturing Technician II (Temp)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online, then received an email for an interview. When I arrived for the interview one of the managers what was suppose to interview forgot about the interview, but eventually showed up after waiting for an extra 15 minutes after the scheduled time. The questions where basically asking me whether I can handle working in tough conditions and lift heavy objects.
They asked me to provide examples of me working in a laboratory environment and I just gave examples of me working in chemistry and research labs at school.
The rest of the interview was just them talking and explaining the job conditions and along the way asked me if I will be fine with that. They also asked if I am comfortable working with different types of people and how/if I can handle confrontational situations.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. Some basic interview questions. Tell them you have a good experience working in hands on laboratory projects and get along with people and you should be good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired through a temp agency so they don't negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Project Associate Interview

Operations Project Associate
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – 9 different interviews, 2 with the hiring manager. Each interview talked about various subjects (i.e. leadership, personal goals,

Interview Question – They give a brief and broad description of the job, and then ask you how your skills make you a good fit for this role given your past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Managers here at Baxter Los Angeles are not good mentors for new employees, they spend most time kissing upper management to move up. Therefore the interview process is subpar and people who interviewed feel like it is a hassle to interview rather than glad to see a new prospect.

Interview Question – Hard to say, most of the interviewees like to talk about themselves more than asking questions. The director can talk you to sleep, I left thinking, wow, the only question out of him was what's my name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Hayward, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – I first submitted my resume to the company through a career fair. A couple months later I received a phone call saying the company was interested in having an onsite interview. The interview took about 4 hours with a total of 4 interview sessions and 6 interviewers. Afterward, I was given a quick tour of the facility.

Interview Question – If someone presented you a pound cake that had fallen, how would go about to determine what exactly was the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher salary and a signing bonus.

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – Called me up and asked me a technical lab question. Then followed up with an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Asked me to explain what chromatography was.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – Communicated through email initially. In person interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Question – Talked about previous internship and academic experience. "Why should we choose you over others?"   Answer Question

Senior IT Program Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Senior IT Program Manager - Business Intelligence
Round Lake, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Totally sucked. The whole process was a waste of my time. They did not know what they wanted in the ideal candidate. Kept me waiting in a small dark room for 50 minutes when the interviewer came late. No proper feedback, no follow up nothing. I had to run after them to get a canned response. Nobody even reviewed my resume before interview. All of them were reading the resume while talking to me and saying "Sorry could not get time to review your resume".

After phone interview, they told me I am a great fit and asked me to provide work samples etc. In person interview went so well but then nothing. Such a waste of my time. So unprofessional bunch of people.

I understand not every interview lands you the job, but I hate it when stupid people waste my time by not knowing what they want and provide no proper feedback.

Interview Question – Draw the full architecture of the BI solution you worked on.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – phone interview since I was a contractor. It covered my hstory and projects that i worked on

Interview Question – When have i Failed and for what reason   Answer Question