Baxter

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baxter in August 2014.

Phone screen, 2 interviews and a co-travel. Typical as far as I'm concerned. A thorough vetting by a recruiter, then a face-to-face with hiring manager, then a co-travel with a sr. rep, then a corp visit. Just like all these gigs except some have and RVP in-between also.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

I had a 5-person panel interview consisting of managers and supervisors from various departments and was asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you questions about it and will have to talk about a situation, the action you took and the result. About a week later, Baxter made an offer and Hiregenics, the temp agency that they work with, called me to make an appointment to take the math/reading comprehension exam. I passed the exam then it was onto the paperwork, drug test, and physical exam. The initial salary was a lot lower than I was expecting, especially since I have a bachelor science degree.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you followed EPA and OHSA policies and safety guidelines.   View Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Very basic and simplistic interview. No need to worry. If you have a college degree (science or engineering) you'll feel like you're dealing with idiots (HR).

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Communicated through email initially. In person interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Talked about previous internship and academic experience. "Why should we choose you over others?"   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Managers here at Baxter Los Angeles are not good mentors for new employees, they spend most time kissing upper management to move up. Therefore the interview process is subpar and people who interviewed feel like it is a hassle to interview rather than glad to see a new prospect.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to say, most of the interviewees like to talk about themselves more than asking questions. The director can talk you to sleep, I left thinking, wow, the only question out of him was what's my name.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baxter.

Applied through my school's career bulletin board. Got an interview. One interview with two interviewers. Interviewed at the front security guard's office. They seemed pretty accustomed to onboarding people often.Very nice people who seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person as opposed to asking bs behavioral/hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions
    • There are many other candidates interviewing for this position. Tell us a good reason why we should choose you over others.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Manufacturing Technician II (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2012.

I submitted my application online, then received an email for an interview. When I arrived for the interview one of the managers what was suppose to interview forgot about the interview, but eventually showed up after waiting for an extra 15 minutes after the scheduled time. The questions where basically asking me whether I can handle working in tough conditions and lift heavy objects.
    They asked me to provide examples of me working in a laboratory environment and I just gave examples of me working in chemistry and research labs at school.
    The rest of the interview was just them talking and explaining the job conditions and along the way asked me if I will be fine with that. They also asked if I am comfortable working with different types of people and how/if I can handle confrontational situations.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. Some basic interview questions. Tell them you have a good experience working in hands on laboratory projects and get along with people and you should be good.   Answer Question
    I was hired through a temp agency so they don't negotiate.

Technical Communicator/Investigator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in May 2012.

Had brief phone interview and was called in for a panel interview. Didn't hear back for a few weeks until was given the offer over the phone from recruiter. Only way I was given interview was from employee referral, applying online is futile.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Was asked to describe an object in detail that that someone else can't see. Asked about strengths and weaknesses, and how to learn about something you know nothing about.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation, pay is based on work experience and education.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baxter in April 2012.

Discussed my background in previous internships and research in university

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interviewers just tried to get a good idea of my background and if I was fit for their particular project   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter in February 2012.

The hiring and interview process took about two months of panel interviews and tiugh questions. They mainly want to know if you can work under pressure and what are your biggest pressure relievers.

Interview Questions
    • What does Iso mean and stand for? I was interviewing for the labs so this was important to them. How do you work with and team and How do you handle a missed deadline?   View Answer