Baxter

Very Easy Interview

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had a 5-person panel interview consisting of managers and supervisors from various departments and was asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know your resume well because they will ask you questions about it and will have to talk about a situation, the action you took and the result. About a week later, Baxter made an offer and Hiregenics, the temp agency that they work with, called me to make an appointment to take the math/reading comprehension exam. I passed the exam then it was onto the paperwork, drug test, and physical exam. The initial salary was a lot lower than I was expecting, especially since I have a bachelor science degree.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you followed EPA and OHSA policies and safety guidelines.   View Answer

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was simple/behavioral. Questions about background, education, past experience. Then I had an on-site interview with multiple meetings and a panel interview at the end with a technical challenge question.

Interview Question – You are given a diagram of a process that is not working. Explain what could be the reason.   View Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Baxter in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process took about two months of panel interviews and tiugh questions. They mainly want to know if you can work under pressure and what are your biggest pressure relievers.

Interview Question – What does Iso mean and stand for? I was interviewing for the labs so this was important to them. How do you work with and team and How do you handle a missed deadline?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was quick. HR manager called me up immediately and was able to setup interview with the hiring manager within a week.

Interview Question – Interview questions were technical but relaxed.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic and simplistic interview. No need to worry. If you have a college degree (science or engineering) you'll feel like you're dealing with idiots (HR).

Interview Question – Do you think you'll be happy here?   View Answer

Manufacturing Technician II (Temp) Interview

Manufacturing Technician II (Temp)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online, then received an email for an interview. When I arrived for the interview one of the managers what was suppose to interview forgot about the interview, but eventually showed up after waiting for an extra 15 minutes after the scheduled time. The questions where basically asking me whether I can handle working in tough conditions and lift heavy objects.
They asked me to provide examples of me working in a laboratory environment and I just gave examples of me working in chemistry and research labs at school.
The rest of the interview was just them talking and explaining the job conditions and along the way asked me if I will be fine with that. They also asked if I am comfortable working with different types of people and how/if I can handle confrontational situations.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected. Some basic interview questions. Tell them you have a good experience working in hands on laboratory projects and get along with people and you should be good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was hired through a temp agency so they don't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Interview Details – Managers here at Baxter Los Angeles are not good mentors for new employees, they spend most time kissing upper management to move up. Therefore the interview process is subpar and people who interviewed feel like it is a hassle to interview rather than glad to see a new prospect.

Interview Question – Hard to say, most of the interviewees like to talk about themselves more than asking questions. The director can talk you to sleep, I left thinking, wow, the only question out of him was what's my name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

Interviewed at Baxter

Interview Details – Communicated through email initially. In person interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Question – Talked about previous internship and academic experience. "Why should we choose you over others?"   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baxter.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career bulletin board. Got an interview. One interview with two interviewers. Interviewed at the front security guard's office. They seemed pretty accustomed to onboarding people often.Very nice people who seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person as opposed to asking bs behavioral/hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – There are many other candidates interviewing for this position. Tell us a good reason why we should choose you over others.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Technical Communicator/Investigator I Interview

Technical Communicator/Investigator I
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Baxter in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had brief phone interview and was called in for a panel interview. Didn't hear back for a few weeks until was given the offer over the phone from recruiter. Only way I was given interview was from employee referral, applying online is futile.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Was asked to describe an object in detail that that someone else can't see. Asked about strengths and weaknesses, and how to learn about something you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation, pay is based on work experience and education.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baxter

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!

Baxter Videos

Baxter – Why Work for Us?

A global diversified healthcare company and industry leader Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baxter interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baxter employees and interview candidates.