Baxter Quality Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marion, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baxter in April 2011.

Recruiter went through my University career system. I applied and talked with her 1:1 for about 30 minutes after which she immediately wanted to bring me for an on site interview.

The on site interview was actually for a Manufacturing Supervisor position; they really push these supervisor positions because it's generally off-shift and you will use nothing you learned from college. I talked to about six different people for about 30 minutes each and had a tour of the facility. Overall no difficult technical questions, mostly behavioral and going over resume experiences. Be sure to emphasis lean manufacturing/6 Sigma experience if you have any. At the end of the day though, I had told the recruiter I was more interested in the Quality Engineer position and was hoping to talk to that hiring manager. So it was a last minute set-up and overall this talk was more detailed and we went over my resume on a much more technical level.

The process after the interview though, was very very slow. It took a full month and a half (and many phone calls) to finally get a offer. I later came to learn that it was layers of bureaucy that they had to work through on their end before offering my position; get used to it, that's how the rest of your employment will go.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your senior design experiences. Any difficulties on the team? How'd you settle those conflicts?   Answer Question
  • Any experience with protocols, validations?   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. Baxter has their pay grades set up already and there's no wiggle room. Kind of frustrating because it is on the very low end of industry standards.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!