Baxter

www.baxter.com

Baxter Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baxter in August 2013.

Phone interview as the initial screening process, then about 10 one on one interviews either face to face or videoconference. I interviewed with several people on the team including the VP of the business unit and a few directors on other brands within the franchise. The process only took a few weeks from start to finish. The interview experience was really great. I got to chat with a wide range of folks which gave me a great sense of the culture of the team. Honestly, I think the background check was one of the longest parts of the process (about 2 weeks).

Interview Questions
  • I had a lot of questions about previous experience and how it would transfer to the current role. I also received a lot of questions regarding my ability to think strategically and also execute on tactics. A lot of behavioral questions--tell me about a time when you had to differentiate your product from competitors. Tell me about how you've used data to tell a story. What do you expect to accomplish in 3--60-90 days? What do you think your biggest challenges will be? The most unexpected question was "who is your hero?"   View Answer
Much of the negotiation was handled by my recruiter. They did negotiate on the sign on bonus and a bit on salary as well. They also gave me an additional week of vacation.

Other Interview Reviews for Baxter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baxter in May 2013.

Applied online. Very long process. 3 phone interviews, 9 in person interviews. A case study presentation was a little strange. Every contact was unique and interesting. Still defining the role. Pretty standard interview with exception of long decision making timeline. Hiring manager was pretty detailed about their vision and what the expectations are. All parties were familiar with my résumé and prepared to meet with me.

Interview Questions
    The benefits are fantastic and salary competitive. I negotiated a higher salary by having all my facts ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter in October 2009.

I had two interviews: one through a recruiter who checked my background and general skills and experience.
    The second interview was with the hiring manager. He was interested in local talent and I was not local. The conversation was a lot about the technical aspects of the job and the technical aspects of marketing.