Baxter Senior Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online to sort of a broad "Sr. Engineers" posting and was contacted within a day or two from someone from HR to discuss which positions I would be best for. I then formally applied for two positions in particular and was contacted for a phone interview for one. The phone interview was pretty easy (it was with HR). Then she talked to the hiring manager and they decided to bring me in for a panel interview with 4 people all at one. The interview was scheduled for an hour, and went just a tad over. Everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to.

Something that I want to mention, is that when I applied, I had to check a salary range desired. My desired salary was sort of right on the cusp and I didn't know if I should choose the lower or higher. I decided to pick the lower range and figured I could negotiate towards the top of that if they made a low offer. When my job offer came in, it was the top value of that range, which was actually what I thought was just about right and I am very happy with. So picking the lower range did not hurt me.

Also, I didn't get the offer until ~2.5 weeks after the interview. They had planned to make a decision at least a week prior, so I thought I didn't get the position. I think it just takes longer than they think it will sometimes.

HR lady was super nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe what type(s) of engineering tools you would use to uncover the root cause of a product failure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baxter

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Hiring process was fast - took 2 weeks to setup the interview to offer letter. First was a phone screen - second came the personal f2f 2 hours.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate - as the offer was fair compared to the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took about two months of panel interviews and tiugh questions. They mainly want to know if you can work under pressure and what are your biggest pressure relievers.

Interview Questions

• What does Iso mean and stand for? I was interviewing for the labs so this was important to them. How do you work with and team and How do you handle a missed deadline?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baxter (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2010.

Interview

very streamlined interview where there was minimal number of interviews with all interested parties in one interview

Negotiation

not too open to negotiation, pay raise and benefits mixed of industry standard and inline with other baxter business units