Bay Area News Group

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Multimedia Account Executive Interview

Multimedia Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bay Area News Group.

Interview Details – Submitted resume in online job opening system. was contacted my HR person who conducted an initial phone interview. Was contacted by email about a week later and had in person interview set up with my eventual direct manager. I was invited back to do a mock sales meeting later that week. I was officially offered the job about 3 weeks after the initial contact.

Interview Question – I was asked to go through a mock sales call. i was given a sheet to read with details on a client and then asked to role play a call with a training manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very short. I was just out of college and had little leverage. That combined with the fact that it was a newspaper gave little to no room to negotiate a decent salary.

Manager Advertising Interview

Manager Advertising
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bay Area News Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Different company at the time. No knowledge of current processes. I have no idea what it is like today. Perceive that toda is very different from when I interviewed.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bay Area News Group.

Interview Details – Recruiter does intitial phone interview followed by group interview and then a challenging role play. There was no personality testing. Face to face group interview is done w two mgrs. asking situational questions. "Tell me about a time..." "Explain..."

Interview Question – Tell me about a manager you didnt like and why. How did you make it work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salaries are low and they will start from the bottom of the approved range. If you dont ask for more you wont get it. They base their salary range on your experience and what you bring to the table. Salary is typically half of the total comp. Ask for a copy of the comp plan before accepting. Although those change often too.

Digital Specialist - Sales Interview

Digital Specialist - Sales

Interviewed at Bay Area News Group

Interview Details – Spoke with internal recruiter. This was a basic introduction and Q/A. After speaking with the internal recruiter, there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Very detailed in the questions about digital knowledge and consultative approach to selling. After the initial phone interview, there was a face to face with a panel. After the panel interview, there was a role play and that was it.

Interview Question – The role play was challenging. Be consultative!   Answer Question

Worked for Bay Area News Group? Contribute to the Community!