BayCare Health System Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I first received a call to be set up with a phone screen. The date was set and it came and went with no call. I contacted the person that initially set up the screening and she apologized and reset the date. I then received a phone call to set up an interview. I was also set up with an online site to list my references which I did and all answered back but the next day.I receive another call to change the interview date with the Practice Administrator and a doctor in a different office than what I applied for. The day of the interview the Practice Administrator was impressed and also mentioned that she would like me to interview with a different office as well. The doctor that I came back and met with that day told me that my resume was impressive and that she hoped I would consider working for her. At that time the Practice Manager gave me her card and encouraged me to contact her with questions or to check on the status. That afternoon I sent her a thank you email and a question that I had thought of. No return email. The next week I received a call and was set up with an interview for the second doctor office. I met with three doctors and was told that the Practice Manager was unable to make it. The interview appeared to go well. I wrote a second thank you to the Practice Manager and a question regarding the second position that I interviewed for. No return email. A week went by and I tried to call the Practice Manager and get an update. I left a message with her assistant. About an hour and a half later I received a generic email stating that I was not being considered for the position that I originally applied for and never even interviewed for. I find the way that I was handled very unprofessional. It's too bad because Bay Care appears to be a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions for the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Master Level Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BayCare Health System.

Interview

I applied online for the position. About 1 week later, I received a phone call from a supervisor screening if I enjoyed working with children/families and if I wanted to work in-homes. After that a 1:1 interview was set up. I met with the supervisor and the interview was standard (normal interview questions) and professional. The interview lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child started attacking a parent?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a child started attacking a parent and there are no signs of escalation.   1 Answer
    • What is your therapeutic style?   Answer Question
    • How important do you think documentation is?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call from a Nurse Recruiter a few days later to set up an interview. I interviewed with a Nurse Recruiter and the Nurse Supervisor for the position/floor I applied for. I was required to have 5 references that could fill out an online survey, with two of the references being current or former managers. A couple days later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name something you did to resolve a problem a patient was having?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. I was told what the starting pay was and the various ways to get pay increases (ex. Continuing education)

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BayCare Health System in January 2015.

Interview

Dont waste your time. After doing a phone interview, which the recruitor called 20 minutes late, this should have been the first bad sign.This company tells you they will have someone call you either way within one week. Here its been three months and I get a rejection email.If a person takes the time to do a phone interview and go through the reference process, they should have common courtesy to keep you informed.

Interview Questions

Interview

Locum company made the contact.Then there were phone interviews with two people after submitting cv and filling out many forms.The senior psychiatrist quit in the middle of the process and the woman who finished was an administrator who was impersonal and not very clinically sophisticated.Then a second mid level administrator spoke to me several times,but after hiring was unavailable to discuss possible improvements in the clinical program.

Interview Questions

• They had none for me. I asked them why they had trouble keeping psychiatrists   1 Answer

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Total waste of time, energy and talent. Interviewed for 6 different MOS positions in as many months. Worked for the company previously for three years and left on good standing 8 years ago. I have over a decade of exact experience in relation to the job and an associate's degree. Each and EVERY interview went well (so they lead you to believe) and I sent thank you letters each time. After the first interview (and sometimes second) you're assured you'll hear back within a week. Nothing. Despite being advised to contact either the hiring manager or recruiter for a status, neither return calls or emails. I even got so far along in the process to submit references and a background check (the final step before an official offer). Nothing. Finally, three weeks later, I get the impersonal rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Safety Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Safety Harbor, FL).

Interview

The phone interview portion was appropriate and professional. The one-on-one with the hiring manager was interrupted several times, as she was going through Joint Review at the time of my interview. It was distracting and chaotic. There was overwhelming number of people in the room for the final panel-style portion, that did not seem to have a purpose and did not know how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions

• This is the most surprising part. There were no difficult questions and I still did not get the job. I believe that this was because the members of the panel did not know how to conduct an interview.   Answer Question

IDM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Clearwater, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The overall process took over a month with 4 interviews the first one a phone interview with the manager, the second with HR over the phone, the third interview was with the manager and two of her senior IDM analysts the last one was with the Info Security Manager.

Interview Questions

• Brought into the Info Sec Managers office on the last interview and was asked to ask him any questions I had about the position and company.   1 Answer

Chaplain Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wetumpka, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Wetumpka, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview took place via FaceTime; Interview Panel asked questions related to pastoral care visits and expectations; The Director of Pastoral Care; The CPE Manging Supervisor; and The Staff Chaplain were included in the interview.The panel discussed extending the invitation for me to join the team and followed up via telephone within the hour.

Interview Questions

• How would I, with a Christian background, respond to the needs of a diverse hopsital census. Example: how would I address the needs of a Muslm woman with stage 4 breast cancer.   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System.

Interview

This process had a lot of paperwork and requirements. Overall the interview was not very scary the manager was to the point with expectations and requirements.

Interview Questions

• most difficult scenario you have had to deal with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Not the right time