BayCare Health System

Updated Nov 8, 2014

Medical Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System in October 2014.

Total waste of time, energy and talent.

Interviewed for 6 different MOS positions in as many months. Worked for the company previously for three years and left on good standing 8 years ago. I have over a decade of exact experience in relation to the job and an associate's degree.

Each and EVERY interview went well (so they lead you to believe) and I sent thank you letters each time.

After the first interview (and sometimes second) you're assured you'll hear back within a week. Nothing. Despite being advised to contact either the hiring manager or recruiter for a status, neither return calls or emails. I even got so far along in the process to submit references and a background check (the final step before an official offer). Nothing. Finally, three weeks later, I get the impersonal rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Safety Harbor, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Safety Harbor, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System.

The phone interview portion was appropriate and professional. The one-on-one with the hiring manager was interrupted several times, as she was going through Joint Review at the time of my interview. It was distracting and chaotic. There was overwhelming number of people in the room for the final panel-style portion, that did not seem to have a purpose and did not know how to conduct an interview.

Interview Questions
    • This is the most surprising part. There were no difficult questions and I still did not get the job. I believe that this was because the members of the panel did not know how to conduct an interview.   Answer Question

IDM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System in July 2014.

The overall process took over a month with 4 interviews the first one a phone interview with the manager, the second with HR over the phone, the third interview was with the manager and two of her senior IDM analysts the last one was with the Info Security Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Brought into the Info Sec Managers office on the last interview and was asked to ask him any questions I had about the position and company.   View Answer

Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BayCare Health System.

This process had a lot of paperwork and requirements. Overall the interview was not very scary the manager was to the point with expectations and requirements.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult scenario you have had to deal with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Not the right time

Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BayCare Health System.

I was called by a recruitor who set up a phone interview for following week. I did the phone interview and was advised that I would get a call early the following week by practice manager. It has been 1 month and still have not heard anything. I have left 2 voicemail messages with no return call.

Interview Questions
    • What bothers you about co workers and what would you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System.

Was called for an interview after about 2 weeks. Interview by 4 members of their staff. Asked questions about my resume why I choose them and a few other basic questions. Nothing difficult if you are prepared.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BayCare Health System.

Extremely long and grueling interview process. I had 3 separate interviews where they rapid fire questions and scenarios. It was very intimidating. They were very professional through out the interview, but not very personable. Lots of questions starting with "Tell me about a time that you did this..." or "Tell me when you have been put in this situation and what you did to resolve it..."

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to your boss if you didn't agree with their way of doing something?   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System.

Following the online application, I received a phone call from a recruiter. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, I was asked to come in for a 1-1 interview with the hiring manager. And then I was asked to come in again for a larger interview with about 10 different people.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall there being a particular question that surprised me.   Answer Question
    It wasn't much of a negotiation. I asked if there was wiggle room on the salary and they said no, because they wanted to keep the team's salaries roughly equal based on experience and position.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BayCare Health System in January 2013.

I got a call from a BayCare in-house recruiter, who interviewed me and scheduled me for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, there were three people present: Creative Director, Art Director, and Sr. Copywriter. It was a laid back, casual interview, which accurately reflects the work environment. These folks are as they appear: no phony corporate shills here. This is good because if you respond well in the interview, then you probably will like working for/with them.

One thing later in the process was how long it took the company to process my background check. I was unemployed, so waiting extra weeks for red tape was a financial struggle. It finally cleared, needless to say.

Interview Questions
    I was able to ask for a certain pay scale, which they met. Initially, it was a part-time job, but then it became 40 hours. If I had known it would be 40 hours sooner, I would have negotiated benefits. I get a 401k but no insurance or PTO. It's the only problem with working here.

Systems Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BayCare Health System in October 2012.

Interview process is extensive. I met with approximately 15 people on multiple occasions. Last interview was 5 hours long.

No room for negations, what it is offered according to them is fair.