Bayer Business Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Senior Executive Assistant
Whippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very long and extensive interview process, including the process after the job acceptance.

Interview Question – - What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Which one is your favorite computer program?
- What are your strongest skills - What are you good at?
- What have you liked least about your past position?
- How do you handle stress?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward with decided compensation and minimal negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 rounds of interviews. First on campus and then second on site. I had made initial contact with the company and the division I was applying to that definitely adds value. Be prepared to be thrown of your game, there is no set format but they are looking for smart candidates who can think on their feet. Interviews ranged from Case, Behavioral to mere conversations. All the best!

Interview Question – What has been your biggest achievement till date?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
West Pittsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – telephone, personal and drug test

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   View Answer

Reason for Declining – low salary

Accounts Payable Accountant Interview

Accounts Payable Accountant
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was oriented on my dutch knowledge and SAP R/3 skills.

Interview Question – The difficult part of the interview was the telephonic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Leverkusen (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online was contacted via email after a months time. Interview took place at Leverkussen. 4 rounds, if you pass the first 2 you move to the 3 and 4 round. 1 and 2 rounds were standard CV and case interviews. Followed by flip board presentation and 4th simple case.

Interview Question – Why are your university mark low ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Master Data Lead Interview

Master Data Lead

Interviewed at Bayer Business Services

Interview Details – Saw the job opening in a job hunting site and then sent my application thru my personal email add to the recruitment officer of the company. After a few minutes got a reply to go their office for an interview. But upon reaching their office, the receptionist told me that i need to take an Accounting exam and i told her that i am not applying for aFinance position, but then i guess that was their hiring policy, so i took it. The exam was like something out of a reviewer from the board exam, not what i was expecting. they focus more on the tecnical ability first of their candidates more than the behavior and competencies, which i think is not a sign of a very well designed hiring process. Plus the recruitment manager could have told me the actual recruitment process, step by step so ill know what to expect. I finish the exam but i didnt go thru the interview as they asked me to come back at 2pm after their lunch and meeting, considering they asked me to come at 11 and i was at the office around 10:15, poor HR, poor hiring process.

Interview Question – Can you come back at 2 after lunch annour meeting?   Answer Question

Senior Hire Inhouse Consulting Interview

Senior Hire Inhouse Consulting
Leverkusen (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my CV online and after about 4 months I received an invitation to go to a one day assessment center in Leverkusen.
I showed up at the center and there I met other candidates (significantly younger) who were there to interview for consultants positions.
The interview is split in two parts:
1) Morning interviews
2) Afternoon interviews ( you can get there if you succeed the morning interviews)

In each block you meet 2 interviewers separately.
Each interview lasts one hour: roughly 30 mins CV screening and 30 mins Business case, standard strategy one.

The full interview round (if successful) will therefore last 4 hours.
There is a 45-60 minutes break between the two sessions.
If you are not successful, one of the two interviewers will come to you, provide feedback and accompany you to the elevator to leave the building.

Impressions:

The Business Consulting division is almost all German.
Very rare foreign faces are seen there. The foreigners are normally people whose parents immigrated 20-30 years ago to Germany; therefore they are born and grown up in Germany.

The overall perceived atmosphere was pretty much flat and “cold” – nothing really with this “WOW-I-want-to-work-here sort of frame around it.

Not sure about the company values, as it all seemed very much structured around "processes" rather than "people".

Interview Question – Outsourcing services for a business line loosing competitive advantage, how to make it more profitable   View Answer

Summer Intern Management Consultant Interview

Summer Intern Management Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Bayer Business Services.

Interview Details – Contacted me by email. Scheduled interview with not much support or guidance of the nature of the interview. Interviewed over skype. Couple of cases, one fairly easy, discovering issues an market sizing. Second pretty hard, dark labor figures and unusual approach. Interviewers were pretty nice and willing to answer questions. Have not heard back from them, it's been more than two weeks, kind of rude.

Interview Question – Unexpected lever on the second case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – It started with a phone call and my communication skill was tested on phone. Then after this I gave a technical interview after 2 days for half an hour on phone. The next day I was informed of my clearance of the interview and within a week I got my offer letter.

Note this process is applicable only if the person is giving interview based outside Mumbai. For a person living in Mumbai this procedure will change.

Interview Question – GC in Java   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Depending on the date of joining please negotiate your salary. If you join somewhere in November then please negotiate hard for salary because you will not be applicable for any appraisal in the month of April next year.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer Business Services in May 2012.

Interview Details – People are very friendly and efficient.

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Worked for Bayer Business Services? Contribute to the Community!