Bayer Business Services

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.3

Junior Accountants In Several Languages Barcelona Spain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in June 2014.

Far away from group assessments (or simply sheep selection processes) very serious and not that friendly recruiters,
    completely irrelevant activities, they dont take into consideration previous exp, the best clown wins, wasted a day of my life + silly oral + verbal difficult language tests just for a basic salary..

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal or a car, which one would you be? / air crashed in the desert, what 5 items will u carry with you to save yourself?   View Answer

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in March 2014.

Very long and extensive interview process, including the process after the job acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • - What is your biggest accomplishment?
      - Which one is your favorite computer program?
      - What are your strongest skills - What are you good at?
      - What have you liked least about your past position?
      - How do you handle stress?

Answer Question
    Straight forward with decided compensation and minimal negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in January 2013.

Alot of back and forth between the hiring company and Bayer. Standard questions in regards to background and experience. changed the starting date, it was a longer process bc of detailed background check and urine screening. PATIENCE PAYS OFF!! IF YOU GET AN OFFER HERE TAKE IT!! The process was standard really, but they're choosy bc they want the best of the best.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? - Tell me how you feel about technology?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in November 2010.

I had 2 rounds of interviews. First on campus and then second on site. I had made initial contact with the company and the division I was applying to that definitely adds value. Be prepared to be thrown of your game, there is no set format but they are looking for smart candidates who can think on their feet. Interviews ranged from Case, Behavioral to mere conversations. All the best!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in February 2009.

telephone, personal and drug test

low salary

Consultant Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in March 2014.

Habe Bewerbung online eingeschickt, wurde einen Monat später per E-Mail kontaktiert. Bewerbungsgespräch fand in Leverkusen statt. 4 Runden, wer die ersten zwei besteht, kommt in Runde 3 und 4 weiter. Runden 1 und 2 waren normale Interviews über Lebenslauf und Fallstudien. Danach eine Präsentation am Flipboard und ein vierter, einfacher Fall.

Submitted application online was contacted via email after a months time. Interview took place at Leverkussen. 4 rounds, if you pass the first 2 you move to the 3 and 4 round. 1 and 2 rounds were standard CV and case interviews. Followed by flip board presentation and 4th simple case.

Interview Questions
    • Warum sind Ihre Noten an der Universität nicht so gut?   Why are your university mark low ?   Answer Question
    Keine Verhandlungen.

Master Data Lead Interview

Saw the job opening in a job hunting site and then sent my application thru my personal email add to the recruitment officer of the company. After a few minutes got a reply to go their office for an interview. But upon reaching their office, the receptionist told me that i need to take an Accounting exam and i told her that i am not applying for aFinance position, but then i guess that was their hiring policy, so i took it. The exam was like something out of a reviewer from the board exam, not what i was expecting. they focus more on the tecnical ability first of their candidates more than the behavior and competencies, which i think is not a sign of a very well designed hiring process. Plus the recruitment manager could have told me the actual recruitment process, step by step so ill know what to expect. I finish the exam but i didnt go thru the interview as they asked me to come back at 2pm after their lunch and meeting, considering they asked me to come at 11 and i was at the office around 10:15, poor HR, poor hiring process.

Senior Consultant Interview

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in February 2013.

Ich reichte meinen Lebenslauf online ein und nach ca. vier Monaten erhielt ich eine Einladung, zu einem eintägigen Assessment-Center nach Leverkusen zu kommen. Das tat ich und traf dort andere (deutliche jüngere) Kandidaten, die sich für Consultant-Positionen bewarben.
    Das Interview besteht aus zwei Teilen:
    1) Vormittagsinterviews
    2) Nachmittagsinterviews (zu denen man kommt, wenn man bei den Vormittagsinterviews erfolgreich ist)

In jedem Abschnitt trifft man mit zwei Interviewern separat zusammen.
    Jedes Interview dauert eine Stunde: Ungefähr 30 Minuten Durchgehen des Lebenslaufs und 30 Minuten Business-Fallbeispiele, Standard-Strategie.

Die komplette Interview-Runde (Erfolg vorausgesetzt) dauert daher vier Stunden.
    Zwischen den beiden Sitzungen gibt es 45-60 Minuten Pause.
    Wenn man nicht erfolgreich ist, kommt einer der beiden Interviewer zu einem, gibt einem Feedback und begleitet einen zum Aufzug, um das Gebäude zu verlassen.

Eindrücke:

Die Businessconsulting-Abteilung ist beinahe ausschließlich deutsch.
    Sehr wenige ausländische Gesichter sind dort zu sehen. Die Ausländer sind normalerweise Personen, deren Eltern vor 20-30 Jahren nach Deutschland ausgewandert sind, daher sind sie in Deutschland geboren und aufgewachsen.

Die Atmosphäre vermittelte allgemein einen ziemlich schwunglosen und „kalten“ Eindruck - nichts, was so richtig diesen „WOW, hier will ich arbeiten“-Rahmen an sich hatte.

Nicht sicher, was die Unternehmenswerte sind, da alles eher um „Prozesse“ als um „Menschen“ herum strukturiert schien.

I submitted my CV online and after about 4 months I received an invitation to go to a one day assessment center in Leverkusen.
    I showed up at the center and there I met other candidates (significantly younger) who were there to interview for consultants positions.
    The interview is split in two parts:
    1) Morning interviews
    2) Afternoon interviews ( you can get there if you succeed the morning interviews)

In each block you meet 2 interviewers separately.
    Each interview lasts one hour: roughly 30 mins CV screening and 30 mins Business case, standard strategy one.

The full interview round (if successful) will therefore last 4 hours.
    There is a 45-60 minutes break between the two sessions.
    If you are not successful, one of the two interviewers will come to you, provide feedback and accompany you to the elevator to leave the building.

Impressions:

The Business Consulting division is almost all German.
    Very rare foreign faces are seen there. The foreigners are normally people whose parents immigrated 20-30 years ago to Germany; therefore they are born and grown up in Germany.

The overall perceived atmosphere was pretty much flat and “cold” – nothing really with this “WOW-I-want-to-work-here sort of frame around it.

Not sure about the company values, as it all seemed very much structured around "processes" rather than "people".

Interview Questions
    • Outsourcing-Dienstleistungen für einen Geschäftsbereich verlieren ihren Wettbewerbsvorteil, wie können diese profitabler gemacht werden.   Outsourcing services for a business line loosing competitive advantage, how to make it more profitable   View Answer

Summer Intern Management Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer Business Services.

Contacted me by email. Scheduled interview with not much support or guidance of the nature of the interview. Interviewed over skype. Couple of cases, one fairly easy, discovering issues an market sizing. Second pretty hard, dark labor figures and unusual approach. Interviewers were pretty nice and willing to answer questions. Have not heard back from them, it's been more than two weeks, kind of rude.

Accounts Payable Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer Business Services in December 2012.

The interview was oriented on my dutch knowledge and SAP R/3 skills.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part of the interview was the telephonic interview.   Answer Question
    None