Bayer CropScience

2.9

Research and Development Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in October 2014.

The interview process consisted of two parts: a phone interview and an in-person interview.

T he first step of the process, the phone interview, was about 45 minutes long. The recruiter wanted me to briefly explain what was written in my resume and wanted to know my employment situation. The recruiter explained the responsibilities of the position and I had to briefly explain my past work experiences and how they relate to the position I'm interviewing for. I asked a couple of questions in this interview.

The second step of the hiring process, the in-person interview, was about 4 hours long. In this step I had to talk face to face with the whole Research & Development team. The team consisted of 8 professionals and they all had similar questions. These people had time slots to talk to me and they would come individually or in pairs to the interview room at their respective time slots. In this part of the interview process I had to give more in-depth explanations about my work experience and education they also wanted to get to know me better. To do this I provided interesting, well-organized stories about myself and my past experiences.

There seemed to be good fellowship among the team and the building had state-of-the-art facilities; which I had the chance to contemplate from a tour. Unfortunately, I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever encounter any big challenge in your past engineering work? If so, what did you do to resolve it? and, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in July 2014.

Persistance pays off as hiring managers have little time for review. Make yourself known. Travel is a must and there is a lot of it. If you do not enjoy travel and nights away from home, I strongly advise not to apply.

Data Analysis Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

A panel interview to discuss the qualifications for the position. At the beginning, we introduce each others. Then, the interviewers described the projects that they expected the incumbent would participate. After that, they ask some questions about my researches that may relate to the expected projects.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in April 2014.

Telephonic interview

Engineering Co-Op Interview

applied online. then did a phone interview. was given an offer later on.

Customer Service Interview

3 step process
    HR phone screen
    Hiring manager phone screen
    Panel Interview by team

Interview Questions
    One counter offer that was accepted.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

Phone interview with two managers. No unexpected questions. During plant trip panel interview for several hours. Again no unexpected questions. Pleasant atmosphere during interview.

Environmental Fate Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience in July 2013.

I applied online and had to wait more than one month to get a phone interview. The big problem was it was not clear whether the interviewers were talking with themselves or asking questions to me. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them for a site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview panel was very friendly. They let me present my research first and then asked about the analytical processes.   Answer Question

ISS Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

Online application, phone interview, in person interview

No negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in June 2013.

Did a short 20 minute interview with HR on the phone. Met with a 5 panel group

Interview Questions
    • How many acres of corn were planted in the U.S. this year?   Answer Question