Bayer CropScience

2.9

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in July 2014.

Persistance pays off as hiring managers have little time for review. Make yourself known. Travel is a must and there is a lot of it. If you do not enjoy travel and nights away from home, I strongly advise not to apply.

Data Analysis Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

A panel interview to discuss the qualifications for the position. At the beginning, we introduce each others. Then, the interviewers described the projects that they expected the incumbent would participate. After that, they ask some questions about my researches that may relate to the expected projects.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in April 2014.

Telephonic interview

Engineering Co-Op Interview

applied online. then did a phone interview. was given an offer later on.

Customer Service Interview

3 step process
    HR phone screen
    Hiring manager phone screen
    Panel Interview by team

Interview Questions
    One counter offer that was accepted.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

Phone interview with two managers. No unexpected questions. During plant trip panel interview for several hours. Again no unexpected questions. Pleasant atmosphere during interview.

Environmental Fate Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience in July 2013.

I applied online and had to wait more than one month to get a phone interview. The big problem was it was not clear whether the interviewers were talking with themselves or asking questions to me. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them for a site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview panel was very friendly. They let me present my research first and then asked about the analytical processes.   Answer Question

ISS Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer CropScience.

Online application, phone interview, in person interview

No negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer CropScience in June 2013.

Did a short 20 minute interview with HR on the phone. Met with a 5 panel group

Interview Questions
    • How many acres of corn were planted in the U.S. this year?   Answer Question

Commercial Management Trainee (U S ) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer CropScience.

First round was very functional-based. Asked about 4 P's of Marketing and applying them to CropScience business. Know basics of their business and be able to explain why you're interested.

Second Round: Took awhile to get things scheduled and company was always late getting back to me. They flew me out to Research Triangle Park and I interviewed with about 6 or 7 different people. All in a row. This round was more behavioral. The HR manager was VERY behavioral, asked some obscure questions. Liked most of the folks I interviewed with.

Thought I performed very well throughout the process and expected an offer. Did not send thank you notes (you should probably do that). Received a call a couple days later and was asked if I was still interested. I told them yes, and they said I could expect to hear back in a week. A friend of mine received the same call and was asked back for a third round. 6 WEEKS LATER, I received a letter attached to an email sent from a no reply address, quite generically informing me I was not selected. Asked for feedback from two HR managers and they did not provide it.

Was very disappointed with the way the company handled everything post interview. And not in a defensive way either... I don't think the company was a good fit for me and probably wouldn't have accepted an offer. The program is brand new (for the US) and they have a lot to learn. Facility was also a bit dated.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to apply the 4P's of marketing to the CropScience business. I did not expect a functional question like that.   Answer Question