Bayer HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Marketing Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare (Whippany, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I got an email asking to set up an interview early in the week and had the interview at the end of the week. I was told I would hear back by next week and I received a call that Tuesday that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain in more detail my resume and all that was on it. I was asked to talk about a time when I suggested an innovative idea.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare (Whippany, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR recruiter a week after applying, and asked basic questions about my previous role. Then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. Contacted two weeks after for in-person interview with Hiring Manager, Staff, and Director. Got the offer almost two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain previous experience, specific functions and systems used?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Interview

I was interviewed by one lead and he was very nice and welcoming. Made fair questions and explained the position very well, asked what were my expectations. He asked which activities would be of my interest and motivation. He showed the facilities and work place as well as explained the company's production process and product.

Interview Questions

• How do my existing skills apply to the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. The interview was not organized well...they did not confirm the interview schedule until the day before the interview. And when I visited their office, they made me wait for almost an hour because the interviewer had something else going on. Overall, it was an unpleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions. Mostly about my qualifications.   Answer Question

Sterile Disposables Verification & Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianola, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare (Indianola, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with Bayer Radiology and Intervention in Indianola, PA that lasted from 10am-noon. The interview was one of the best interviews I have ever been apart of. I met with 4 different people and everyone was very nice and personable. Some interviews I have been in are very cold and nerve-racking but that was defiantly not the case with my interview at Bayer. I couldn't have had a more positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses, career goals, basic education and experience questions   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Two weeks later, the hiring Manager contacted me for a face-2-face interview. I participated in four interviews over a 2 month period before a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged by your manager or teammate.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize top customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because the offer was sufficient

IT Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Interview

They contacted me through a retained talent acquisition company. The process was fast and well organized. Scheduling was a bit hectic as well because of the amount of travel hiring manager had. But the experience was satisfactory and professional. The interview process was very professional and the questions were tough and to the point. People know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• One was how would I establish a governance structure for compliance in a lifescience company.   Answer Question

IS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Interview

Technical questions about the job, mostly SAP.How does the process works and so on. How does the notification process work and how does it kickstart the rest of the work order process and so on. How does the GUI work.

Negotiation

Yes. Do negotiate.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I got an interview after applying online and reaching out to find a connection through Linked-In. I got connected with the hiring manager for the position and was able to get my CV submitted directly. My first interview was a brief, 10 min phone interview with an HR person which was aimed at determining if I was serious about the job. I clearly was, so a second phone interview was set up with the hiring manager for five days later. It was scheduled for 45 minutes, but the hiring manager called me 10 minutes late and ended the interview 15 minutes early due to a hectic work schedule. The 20 minutes we did interview revolved around learning what experiences I had relevant to the position and what types of ideas I might have for translating my research into drug development efforts. The interview ended with the hiring manager inviting me for an on-site interview two weeks later. I had to schedule the trip for my interview with two different HR/recruiter people, which ended up causing some communication problems (perhaps a problem in Bayer bureaucracy). For example, my hiring manager had tried to schedule a dinner with me during my visit, which never happened due to mis-communication between them. The on-site interview was a one day interview: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. I had one-on-one meeting the whole day, for 30min at a time, with various scientists working there. Some of them asked me very direct questions about what research I think would lead to new drug discovery. Some had more informal discussions with me about my background and told me about their jobs and responsibilities. I also had to give a 45 minute seminar around lunchtime; the hiring manager had directed me to give a presentation aimed at convincing people of the therapeutic potential of my research. I had a few questions after the talk, most notably whether or not a particular experiment I performed had given me a new drug target. To which my answer had to be: no, not yet. I met with the hiring manager twice during the day, including my last meeting of the day. In the first meeting, the manager asked me typical questions like "describe a time you had a disagreement with your boss." The manager also talked about the type of person they were looking for: someone who did a lot of reading, came up with ideas, and proposed new research projects and lobbied to get resources to pursue those projects. At the end of the day, we discussed possible projects I would be interested in working on how I felt about the visit.

Interview Questions

• What new drug opportunity would you research if given the chance? (It was unexpected since the advertised position was an entry level position, not a position that I expected to be coming into with new drug ideas to research. I would have expected that to become an important question later in my career, however)   Answer Question
    • What disease could you try to cure using your current research? (My research was clearly basic research, not directly transnational)   Answer Question
    • Do you ever disagree with your boss and how do you handle it when you do?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Interview

Smooth and Friendly Since I’d be coming from an altogether new environment, I am bound to possess a new perspective towards everything here including the company, product, customers, environment, strategy etc.