Bayer HealthCare

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.1

IT Compliance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

They contacted me through a retained talent acquisition company. The process was fast and well organized. Scheduling was a bit hectic as well because of the amount of travel hiring manager had. But the experience was satisfactory and professional. The interview process was very professional and the questions were tough and to the point. People know what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • One was how would I establish a governance structure for compliance in a lifescience company.   Answer Question

IS Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Technical questions about the job, mostly SAP.How does the process works and so on. How does the notification process work and how does it kickstart the rest of the work order process and so on. How does the GUI work.

Yes. Do negotiate.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare in July 2014.

I got an interview after applying online and reaching out to find a connection through Linked-In. I got connected with the hiring manager for the position and was able to get my CV submitted directly. My first interview was a brief, 10 min phone interview with an HR person which was aimed at determining if I was serious about the job. I clearly was, so a second phone interview was set up with the hiring manager for five days later. It was scheduled for 45 minutes, but the hiring manager called me 10 minutes late and ended the interview 15 minutes early due to a hectic work schedule. The 20 minutes we did interview revolved around learning what experiences I had relevant to the position and what types of ideas I might have for translating my research into drug development efforts. The interview ended with the hiring manager inviting me for an on-site interview two weeks later. I had to schedule the trip for my interview with two different HR/recruiter people, which ended up causing some communication problems (perhaps a problem in Bayer bureaucracy). For example, my hiring manager had tried to schedule a dinner with me during my visit, which never happened due to mis-communication between them.
    The on-site interview was a one day interview: 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. I had one-on-one meeting the whole day, for 30min at a time, with various scientists working there. Some of them asked me very direct questions about what research I think would lead to new drug discovery. Some had more informal discussions with me about my background and told me about their jobs and responsibilities.
    I also had to give a 45 minute seminar around lunchtime; the hiring manager had directed me to give a presentation aimed at convincing people of the therapeutic potential of my research. I had a few questions after the talk, most notably whether or not a particular experiment I performed had given me a new drug target. To which my answer had to be: no, not yet.
    I met with the hiring manager twice during the day, including my last meeting of the day. In the first meeting, the manager asked me typical questions like "describe a time you had a disagreement with your boss." The manager also talked about the type of person they were looking for: someone who did a lot of reading, came up with ideas, and proposed new research projects and lobbied to get resources to pursue those projects. At the end of the day, we discussed possible projects I would be interested in working on how I felt about the visit.

Interview Questions
    • What new drug opportunity would you research if given the chance? (It was unexpected since the advertised position was an entry level position, not a position that I expected to be coming into with new drug ideas to research. I would have expected that to become an important question later in my career, however)   Answer Question
    • What disease could you try to cure using your current research? (My research was clearly basic research, not directly transnational)   Answer Question
    • Do you ever disagree with your boss and how do you handle it when you do?   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Smooth and Friendly Since I’d be coming from an altogether new environment, I am bound to possess a new perspective towards everything here including the company, product, customers, environment, strategy etc.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 1 month later to schedule a phone interview (which I turned into an on-site one, see below). The interview was 2 on 1, in a casual space in the office. Most questions were behavioral.

If you are local, ask if you can come on site. Although that was not the norm, once I asked I was able to go on site for the initial interview, and it was extensive enough that I didn't need a second round.

Interview Questions
    • Role play about confronting a manager I had from a previous job and suggesting improvements to the lab   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare in March 2014.

Screening phone call followed by phone interview. Screening interview was very typical; what made you apply for the position, why do you want to work for the company, what do you expect out of your job in the next 3 years. Phone interview was more detailed with specific questions about work and educational history.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst mistake at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Terrible HR and staffing. Very little communication and detail. Thank goodness I had a good head hunter. Had to deal with 5 interviews on several different days and then a long period before an offer came. Seemed like HR had no clue what this job entailed. They spoke of it as a higher level than where I was at, but it was a lateral role at best.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Lots of asks, but lots of take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Stringent interviewing process includes personality profile. A lot of emphasis placed on team atmosphere and acceptance from other reps in the region.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself positioning the complexed solutions to our customers?   Answer Question

Director Product Supply Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bayer HealthCare.

Baylor University Medical Center approached me and asked me to interview for the position. They were currently in a state of flux due to the poor applicants they had interviewed. I had worked at Medical City Dallas Hospital and they had heard about my management style and my integration of different departments within the hospital. They thought i would ce a good fit for the culture they were building

Interview Questions
    • 4 Panel interview, subjective and objective questions, no behavioral questions, most difficult question was did I think I was qualified to open a new hospital from the ground up?   View Answer
    Very defined and in writing

Executive Assistant Interview

There were 4 interviews to meet with the team. It went well and they decided on me as the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate how I solved a difficult situation involving two co-workers.   Answer Question