Bayer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer in June 2008.

Interview Details – good manager, but human resouce has attitude.
big organization. but feel politics.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – salary, and responsibility

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty smooth and clean. After I got through my HR round the technical round with my hiring manager took only an hour. All the questions were relevant to the requirement. It was a test of my confidence in my skill set. Well overall a very good experience. Love this company.

Interview Question – What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?   Answer Question

Assistant IT Analyst Interview

Assistant IT Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bayer in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied to online job posting, then received an email weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with an HR person, and then got an email about a month later inviting me to interview on-site. It was a 1-on-1 with an upper-level manager in IT. About a month later, I was emailed to come back for another on-site interview, which involved several other candidates for the job (about 12 in all). About a month later, I received an offer via email and then a letter in a mail after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you experienced a situation with a difficult teammate and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I talked to an HR expert about upping my salary a bit (~3k), and she told me that all new-hires from college received the same starting salary, which I found to be true.

Siebel Business Manager Interview

Siebel Business Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer in August 2009.

Interview Details – The job was interesting (business representative for a packaged solution implementation for a global firm), so I thought I'd submit. Somehow the recruiter called me back in a few days. We had a discussion and based on my responses, within 2 days she had called to setup the interview. I basically had an hour to interview with 2 peers at the same time (equivalent to a panel interview). The questions were more business oriented and not exactly targeted to the software being implemented. My take is that they were looking to see how mature and what my life experiences were as they were veterans of the firm (17 & 23 yrs of service). Clearly this did not bode well for me but there's only so much you can see yourself without having to lie.

Very Easy Interview

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bayer in February 2009.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter does the initial phone screen. Essentially she was just looking to make sure requirements were met and a couple of situational type questions. Next interview was set set up during the call for two days later. Met with the hiring manager and a senior rep from the territory. There did not seem to be a specific process (ie. STAR) being used for the interview. It was a relaxed give and take. I was informed by email from the recruiter the next day that they were going forward with other candidates.

Interview Question – What kind of "out of the box" type of selling tactics have you used in your career?   Answer Question

Coordinator of Controlling Interview

Coordinator of Controlling
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Bayer in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was done via head hunter (3rd party), after a pre-interview, I did another interview with the head of the area, and also with HR department. The whole process took almost 1,5 months.

Interview Question – Talk about our positive and negative qualities is always the tricky part of an interview for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Time to start and salary

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Bayer in January 2013.

Interview Details – Based on Experience

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

R&D Interview

R&D
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer in February 2010.

Interview Details – People looks very nice. During the presentation, they never stop me and listen carefully. After that, They ask me very professional questions but not over my knowledge. They give me a lot of good suggestions, and they are willing to listen to my feedbacks and thoughts.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had to give a 25 minute presentation on a school project, followed by Q&A by the panel of about 5 engineers.

Interview Question – Standard situational questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Process Engineer III

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bayer in February 2008.

Interview Details – easy one, they usually don't ask tough questions and don't interview a lot of candidates. if interviewd in person, you have a good chance of being hired.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – not well paid