Bayer

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.9

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bayer.

No HR interview, staffing set up phone interview with manager/onsite interview with presentation-small room with 4 people, given update as the presentation was highschool book presentation!!!! interviewers didnot have clear idea of what exactly would be the job role which didnot match job description. It looked like they had already made up mind to hire and I was there just for the sake of interview. HR is horrible-for reimbursment!!!

Interview Questions
    • Would you please explain a situation where in an experiment was set up from scope to results and discussion?   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer.

Phone and on-site interview

Credit Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer in June 2013.

They were very prompt in their communications. I thought the interview with the first person went well. The second person was not interested in me. I could tell from the shift in tone from the first interviewer. Later I found out that I had done well in the interview, but that they had chosen an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Are you here because you're interested in the position or because you need a job?   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer.

I knew someone who worked in another department. I received contact information for the person responsible Finance hiring. Spoke to a manager and a team member for about an hour total. very easy very conversational

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't know exactly what you were doing in a task and the steps you took to complete it correctly   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer in March 2012.

Submitted an application online, received a phone interview where I was asked some behavioral and technical questions. The phone call ended up going to an hour as the interviewer and I got into an interesting discussion about my research. After passing the phone interview, I did a face to face interview with a senior engineer whom I would be directly working under if I was accepted. At this interview, there were more technical questions and we discussed the project I would be working on over the summer with him.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most interested in this project?   View Answer

Manucturing Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bayer in August 2010.

I was Transferred form Ponce Puerto Rico Union Carbide Chemical Plant to Woodbine Georgia Insecticide Manufacturing Plant . At the Union Carbide Woodbine Plant they were stating up a new unit to formulate a new process and they were in the need of experience operation supervisors. I was asked if I was interested and I decided to accept the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation was to move my family to a totally different culture.   View Answer

Siebel Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer in August 2009.

The job was interesting (business representative for a packaged solution implementation for a global firm), so I thought I'd submit. Somehow the recruiter called me back in a few days. We had a discussion and based on my responses, within 2 days she had called to setup the interview. I basically had an hour to interview with 2 peers at the same time (equivalent to a panel interview). The questions were more business oriented and not exactly targeted to the software being implemented. My take is that they were looking to see how mature and what my life experiences were as they were veterans of the firm (17 & 23 yrs of service). Clearly this did not bode well for me but there's only so much you can see yourself without having to lie.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bayer in February 2009.

Internal recruiter does the initial phone screen. Essentially she was just looking to make sure requirements were met and a couple of situational type questions. Next interview was set set up during the call for two days later. Met with the hiring manager and a senior rep from the territory. There did not seem to be a specific process (ie. STAR) being used for the interview. It was a relaxed give and take. I was informed by email from the recruiter the next day that they were going forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of "out of the box" type of selling tactics have you used in your career?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer in June 2008.

good manager, but human resouce has attitude.
    big organization. but feel politics.

salary, and responsibility

Assistant IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bayer in May 2008.

Applied to online job posting, then received an email weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with an HR person, and then got an email about a month later inviting me to interview on-site. It was a 1-on-1 with an upper-level manager in IT. About a month later, I was emailed to come back for another on-site interview, which involved several other candidates for the job (about 12 in all). About a month later, I received an offer via email and then a letter in a mail after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a situation with a difficult teammate and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    I talked to an HR expert about upping my salary a bit (~3k), and she told me that all new-hires from college received the same starting salary, which I found to be true.