Bayer

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.9

Credit Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer in June 2013.

They were very prompt in their communications. I thought the interview with the first person went well. The second person was not interested in me. I could tell from the shift in tone from the first interviewer. Later I found out that I had done well in the interview, but that they had chosen an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Are you here because you're interested in the position or because you need a job?   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer.

I knew someone who worked in another department. I received contact information for the person responsible Finance hiring. Spoke to a manager and a team member for about an hour total. very easy very conversational

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you didn't know exactly what you were doing in a task and the steps you took to complete it correctly   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer in March 2012.

Submitted an application online, received a phone interview where I was asked some behavioral and technical questions. The phone call ended up going to an hour as the interviewer and I got into an interesting discussion about my research. After passing the phone interview, I did a face to face interview with a senior engineer whom I would be directly working under if I was accepted. At this interview, there were more technical questions and we discussed the project I would be working on over the summer with him.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most interested in this project?   View Answer

Manucturing Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bayer in August 2010.

I was Transferred form Ponce Puerto Rico Union Carbide Chemical Plant to Woodbine Georgia Insecticide Manufacturing Plant . At the Union Carbide Woodbine Plant they were stating up a new unit to formulate a new process and they were in the need of experience operation supervisors. I was asked if I was interested and I decided to accept the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult situation was to move my family to a totally different culture.   View Answer

Siebel Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer in August 2009.

The job was interesting (business representative for a packaged solution implementation for a global firm), so I thought I'd submit. Somehow the recruiter called me back in a few days. We had a discussion and based on my responses, within 2 days she had called to setup the interview. I basically had an hour to interview with 2 peers at the same time (equivalent to a panel interview). The questions were more business oriented and not exactly targeted to the software being implemented. My take is that they were looking to see how mature and what my life experiences were as they were veterans of the firm (17 & 23 yrs of service). Clearly this did not bode well for me but there's only so much you can see yourself without having to lie.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bayer in February 2009.

Internal recruiter does the initial phone screen. Essentially she was just looking to make sure requirements were met and a couple of situational type questions. Next interview was set set up during the call for two days later. Met with the hiring manager and a senior rep from the territory. There did not seem to be a specific process (ie. STAR) being used for the interview. It was a relaxed give and take. I was informed by email from the recruiter the next day that they were going forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of "out of the box" type of selling tactics have you used in your career?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer in June 2008.

good manager, but human resouce has attitude.
    big organization. but feel politics.

salary, and responsibility

Assistant IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bayer in May 2008.

Applied to online job posting, then received an email weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with an HR person, and then got an email about a month later inviting me to interview on-site. It was a 1-on-1 with an upper-level manager in IT. About a month later, I was emailed to come back for another on-site interview, which involved several other candidates for the job (about 12 in all). About a month later, I received an offer via email and then a letter in a mail after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a situation with a difficult teammate and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    I talked to an HR expert about upping my salary a bit (~3k), and she told me that all new-hires from college received the same starting salary, which I found to be true.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bayer in January 2008.

The interview process was pretty smooth and clean. After I got through my HR round the technical round with my hiring manager took only an hour. All the questions were relevant to the requirement. It was a test of my confidence in my skill set. Well overall a very good experience. Love this company.

Interview Questions
    • What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?   Answer Question

Auditor/Revisor (Graduate Position) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leverkusen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leverkusen (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer in October 2014.

I applied online. I got a phone call about three weeks later to inform me that I have been selected for a face-to-face interview. The details have been emailed afterwards.

I met with two employees from Bayer Audit in Leverkusen, Germany. They handed me over a general management case study (no specific "audit case study"). There were two questions to answer: (1) Is the currently installed rebate system for selling drugs effective?, (2) Can you detect any incidents that do not comply with the Pharmaceutical-Drug-Seller Association's and the company's compliance Policy? All the necessary information were given in the case study material (around 12 pages, not every given information was relevant, though.). Special knowledge of the industry was not needed. I got one hour time in a room which I had for myself. Notepad, pens, highlighter, flipchart and a calculator were all prepared and of excellent quality. The room itself provided a good working atmosphere and was quiet. You definitely need to practice some general consulting case studies in order to train yourself and develop an eye for the relevant details. I wasn't asked any specific accounting questions or issues about a company's annual financial statement.

After the agreed time (1 hour), I met again with the two managers and answered the questions as best as I could. They don't care about rhetoric excellence - it is details they are interested in. You need to be prepared to give good reasons (reference from the case study at hand) for everything you say. Don't blurt out nonsense and think before you bring forward any argument. If I couldn't provide an answer, they went through the case study and pointed out specific excerpts (that was quite helpful). They gave me the chance to try again and find the details that may have slipped before. The case-answering maybe took around another hour.

After that, the typical interview questions came up. Why Corporate Audit, why Bayer, tell us about you. Read around a bit about the job of an auditor and you will be covered. They also wanted to know whether I would be prepared to travel.

Conclusion: Very fair and crystal clear process with friendly employees, however, you need to be prepared for the case study. That is the most important part of your performance.