Bayer MaterialScience

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

Production Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Personality based questions. Interviews are consistent And friendly people during interview. All situation basses questions and how you would handle it. 2 somewhat technical questions overall decent experience which was expected

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you felt you couldn't trust someone you worked with   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

I applied for the position online and was contacted about a month later by a recruiter to have an initial phone interview. It was a very straightforward interview, involving some basic questions about myself and a description of the internship program that I was applying for. I was told I would be contacted if I made it to the next round of interviews.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in September 2014.

On Campus Interview with two alumni from my university. Had already met both of them at an on-campus info session. Interview was very laid back, felt like more of a conversation than a grilling. Quick walk through of my resume followed by standard STAR questions. After each of my responses each of the interviewers shared a comment or experience that related to what I had said. Overall a great interview.

Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in August 2014.

I was an intern at another location and they told us about the Commercial Trainee programs in Pittsburgh. We applied for the position online and those who were selected for an interview were flown to Pittsburgh and put up in a nice hotel with rental car, all paid for.

The day before the interview they took us to the country club to meet with the managers and ask any questions we may have. The food was decent and the managers only wanted to talk about themselves (golf, how great their kids were, etc). When we tried to talk about ourselves for them to get to know us (whole point of the interview) they didn't seem interested and started talking to other managers while we (the candidates) were still talking.

The day of the interview they called each one of us (there were more than 30) into a ball room at a hotel near the airport. It was panel style with normal interview questions. I thought I did great and left with a smile.

It took them over a month to get back to us on whether we would get an offer. I was not given an offer. They said it was because I didn't demonstrate "prior team management" enough during my interview. Hey, at least they told me why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a team you have worked on that encountered problems, and what did you do to resolve them?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

I was asked to create a PowerPoint about myself. It thought long and hard about what I wanted to say because I did not want to just go off about how super awesome and amazing I thought I was. Instead of just accomplishments of mine, I talked much more about why I decided to do my major, why I did the minor I did, and why experiences I had from my extracurriculars. This was my first phone interview so I didn't really know what to expect. Overall the interview took about 30 minutes. I talked about myself for about 15 minutes, 10 minutes for questions they had about my presentation, and then the last five minutes were the typical, why do you want to be an intern for us type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Questions about your presentation will be unique to you and the questions I was asked weren't difficult, more clarification type questions.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

interview in front of panel of 4. had to prepare a presentation that was basically a summary of resume. behavioral questions afterward.

Summer Intern - Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in April 2010.

A recruiter reached out to me over the phone and asked me a few standard questions before scheduling two additional phone interviews, one with my would-be supervisor and another with a hiring manager. I had scheduled a summer commitment through my university department for one week over the summer, and they were unwilling to accommodate this for the 10 week internship. The interview process stopped after I had revealed this information.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in June 2013.

After the initial discussion with the recruiter, company HR had an initial telephonic discussion regarding the post and suitability. There were 2 psychometric online tests were involved, followed by another full day process including personal presentation, case study presentation and personal interview with a 4 member panel.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few in-details questions asked regarding the case study which was involved in the process.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation possible, apart from a small increase considering a relocation.

I applied online – interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Had one phone interview with the group. They asked basic behavioral questions. Received offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult one. Probably just the standard "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

I submitted my resume online, and received a phone call a few months later asking to schedule an interview. Phone interview consisted of a powerpoint I sent in that outlined my resume, and then some behavioral based questions. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary, and interviewers were very polite. Interview lasted half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when a member of your team wanted to do something unethical, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question