Bayer MaterialScience

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern - Chemistry Interview

Summer Intern - Chemistry
Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in April 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me over the phone and asked me a few standard questions before scheduling two additional phone interviews, one with my would-be supervisor and another with a hiring manager. I had scheduled a summer commitment through my university department for one week over the summer, and they were unwilling to accommodate this for the 10 week internship. The interview process stopped after I had revealed this information.

Interview Question – All questions were standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Interview Details – I was asked to create a PowerPoint about myself. It thought long and hard about what I wanted to say because I did not want to just go off about how super awesome and amazing I thought I was. Instead of just accomplishments of mine, I talked much more about why I decided to do my major, why I did the minor I did, and why experiences I had from my extracurriculars. This was my first phone interview so I didn't really know what to expect. Overall the interview took about 30 minutes. I talked about myself for about 15 minutes, 10 minutes for questions they had about my presentation, and then the last five minutes were the typical, why do you want to be an intern for us type of questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Questions about your presentation will be unique to you and the questions I was asked weren't difficult, more clarification type questions.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Intern
Baytown, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Interview Details – interview in front of panel of 4. had to prepare a presentation that was basically a summary of resume. behavioral questions afterward.

Interview Question – share about a time that you failed   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in June 2013.

Interview Details – After the initial discussion with the recruiter, company HR had an initial telephonic discussion regarding the post and suitability. There were 2 psychometric online tests were involved, followed by another full day process including personal presentation, case study presentation and personal interview with a 4 member panel.

Interview Question – There were a few in-details questions asked regarding the case study which was involved in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation possible, apart from a small increase considering a relocation.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview with the group. They asked basic behavioral questions. Received offer the next week.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult one. Probably just the standard "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online, and received a phone call a few months later asking to schedule an interview. Phone interview consisted of a powerpoint I sent in that outlined my resume, and then some behavioral based questions. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary, and interviewers were very polite. Interview lasted half an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when a member of your team wanted to do something unethical, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Innovation Manager Interview

Innovation Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in May 2011.

Interview Details – technical presentatin, Q&A, then 3~4 individual interviews

Interview Question – If you are still interested in research, then this job is not suitable for you   Answer Question

Senior Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Senior Technical Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bayer MaterialScience in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Human Resources to set up a phone interview about 28 days after I applied for the job. The initial screen interiew lasted about an hour and went throught the typical sales interview questions and background checks. I was contacted 2 days later to set up a face to face in Houston in 2 weeks. I interviewed with four people seperately in one day. The people I interviewed with were all very professional but not wearing suits or ties. A business casual atmosphere which was good but I was wearing a suit and tie. The company culture was excellent and it seemed that everyone was very happy to be working there. The offces were being remodeled/painted durning my visit and they had plans of adding another building in the near future. I really liked the people that I interviewed with and fit in good with them.

Interview Question – Explain the distribution process on your last job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bayer MaterialScience? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bayer MaterialScience interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bayer MaterialScience employees and interview candidates.