Bayfront Medical Center

Very Easy Interview

RN II Interview

RN II
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bayfront Medical Center in February 2010.

Interview Details – Met with nurse manager and we spoke about my previous experience in oncology both adult and pediatric. She ask me why I was wanting to make a change. The interview process was very relaxed and I felt we both were very comfortable taking with one another. At the end of the interview she made me an offer to come work for her along with a salary quote that was to good to turn down and I accepted on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no awkward or unexpected questions that I encountered. I had a good vibe and a excellent interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was know as I was offered $6.30 more than my other job, but looking back I should have not been so anxious and feel I could have negotiated a little bit more.

Nurse Residency Program Interview

Nurse Residency Program
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bayfront Medical Center in January 2014.

Interview Details – applied online. called one week later. phone interview at 7am ~45min, offered a face to face for one week later. told to bring 7 resume packets: resume, recommendation letter,unofficial transcripts. small semi-tour on the wat to the conference room. 6 person panel at a small rectangle table (intimidating!!!)

Interview Question – Priority: who would you tx 1st? pt. w/ BG 60, pt. w/ RR 26,or pt. w/ HR 120?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – unfortunately after a month of no response from the recruiter when she finally returned my phone call, i was told that the offer had been resended as they had to consider a few internal applicants first.

School of Medical Technology Intern Interview

School of Medical Technology Intern
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bayfront Medical Center in January 2013.

Interview Details – Application and school transcripts were due to the hospital by December 31. I received an e-mail stating the application was complete 2-3 days later. During the first or second week of January I received an e-mail inviting me to interview and giving me a choice of interview time. I replied within 30 minutes and was given my second choice of times.

The interview included a lab tour (that took up 90% of the time I was at the hospital). I met the director of the lab, who gave the tour, and three of the instructors (that conducted the one on one interview). I was also sent over to All Children's lab where I took a tour and answered some questions from their lab director. The BayFront director was not overly inquisitive (I suppose she left the question asking to the instructors) and the questions asked at the sit down interview were typical. I felt like I adequately answered the questions and I made it clear that I would love to work with them to further my education.

The deadline to let applicants know of their acceptance was March 1st and I was e-mailed at 7:34am that morning offering me a spot in the upcoming medical technology school class.

A close friend at the affiliated University we both attend was e-mailed at approximately 11am, informing her that she was an alternate for the school.

The staff at the School of Medical Technology are professional and organized. They do what they say they will, when they say they will.

Interview Question – I was asked "what am I not going to like about you". It was a completely honest question but one that threw me for a loop as it is bluntly honest and pretty unexpected.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a position at both of the school's I applied for and after deliberating about the pro's and con's of both schools I decided to decline BayFront's offer. I truly believe BayFront is a fantastic option and my declination has nothing to do with the merits of the school.

Nursing Interview

Nursing

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bayfront Medical Center in June 2011.

Interview Details – At Bayfront, each department has their own recruiter because it is such a large facility (480 beds). You have to apply to specific jobs that then an assigned recruiter will call you to set up an interview. If you are interested and apply for 3 different areas, then you will talk and possibly interview with 3 separate people. I don't think they share their notes and they ask different questions as well. The hiring process takes longer than others but by the time you get through the recruiter, the department manager and hired (if an offer is made and accepted) seems to be very worth while. More time is invested finding the right fit and Bayfront also provided extensive onboarding and orientation which ultimately leads to better employee retention. If this is a company you are interested in, be patient. Their benefits are excellent. To name a few, medical begins the day you start and is very affordable for family and a ft person accrues approx 5 weeks pto after 1 year of service. I am very impressed overall. At first I was frustrated because it seemed to move slowly but once I got through everything I appreciated the time and effort that is put forth in hiring employees. I think it says a lot about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you were unhappy or dissatisfied with how your immediate boss handle something, what did you do?   View Answer
  • What is your ideal work/healthcare setting? Give specific examples   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you show case all of your certifications, experience in leadership such as charge, preceptor, etc. If you have documentation to back it up that would be helpful. They will verify everything. This is also good in finding the right people for the right job.

During the interview, give specific examples that show how you as an individual handles things, not generalizations.

Very Easy Interview

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Prefer Not to Say

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bayfront Medical Center in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and received a call approx. 3 hours later to do a phone interview. She liked what she heard and scheduled me for a interview with the hiring manager. I proceeded and it went incredibly well. We clicked and I had all the right qualifications and the manager was thoroughly impressed with my knowledge. That process lasted about an hour. The manager asked if I would like to go ahead and have my second interview on the spot which consisted of meeting and speaking with a panel of peers who I would be working closely with. This also went amazingly well and they all seem like great people to work with. This process also lasted an hour. The manager walked me out and I felt like this was going to work out wonderfully.

Once I arrived at home I sent out thank you emails and waited.

2 days later a friend who is also looking for work sent me a link to monster.com where the job had been reposted. I called the HR person to again thank her for her time and see what the status of my interview was but she would not take my call.

They should, at the very least, send a thanks but no thanks email.

Worked for Bayfront Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!