Baylor College of Medicine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Division Administrator Interview

Division Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Interview Details – Was contacted by receptionist from department within days of submitting resume online and was scheduled for interview for the following week. Arrived at interview and waited over 45 minutes for the interviewers to arrive. Interview was brief with few questions. Questions were typical of management interviews, but lacking in depth. Interviewers didn't provide much/clear information regarding the position, even after asking several questions. Was informed that the interview was a 3 part interview and would receive follow up regarding next step. Within 2 days received email that someone else was hired.

Interview Question – No Difficult or Unexpected Questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in late December. I received an email in early January for an interview weekend in February. The program paid for the flights, and hotel. I shared a hotel room with another interviewee. The interview was at the school on a Friday. There were about 16 of us. There was breakfast and a short overview in the morning before the interview. I interviewed with six faculty, one of whom was the program director. Lunch was provided, and there was a brief campus tour. That evening we had a Tex-Mex dinner party.

Interview Question – Explain your Research?
Why do you want a phd?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in August 2013.

Interview Details – Number of interview: 1. Came in, interviewed with lab PI, and was asked general questions. Was asked my background experience and if I have expertise in the lab techniques.

Interview Question – No difficult question. All straight forward.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job opportunity.

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in September 2011.

Interview Details – two panel interviews - first interview with dev team - second interview with Director/VP and dev team

Interview Question – Q. Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Histology Technician Interview

Histology Technician
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in December 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview. I was given a tour of the facility. I was asked to give three words that describe me. Two weeks later I was hired.

Interview Question – Why don't I speak Spanish?   View Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by the project manager for an informal phone interview where we discussed my previous exposure to linux system administration, familiarity with JBoss/Tomcat environments and technical skills relating to managing VMs using VmWare. Then, I was informed they wanted to me to come meet the team in their department, which consisted of mini-interviews with another system administrator, the head of the department and a group of programmers. Overall, i was impressed with the atmosphere and enjoyed meeting with this group in an academic research environment.

Interview Question – This involved steps you would take to troubleshoot a virtual machine which was randomly crashing at odd intervals.   View Answer

Research Technician III Interview

Research Technician III
Houston, TX

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by phone by the Principal Investigator and since I lived out-of-state, he said he would schedule a skype interview for me the following week. He contacted me again, after 3 weeks for scheduling an online interview on Tango and we decided to make the conference 3 days later. He sent me 3 of his research papers and asked me to go through them thoroughly as he would ask me questions from his research works. During the interview, he asked me a host of questions and finally asked for my strategies that could benefit his research on that area. Learning my idea, he was impressed and said me he would like to investigate my strategy and apply that to his research. I was offered the position at the end of the interview and I was asked when I would be willing to start working.

Interview Question – Basically, all the questions were tricky and required firm knowledge of his research ( and also strong knowledge in immunology) and spontaneity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated if the formal offer letter could be sent as soon as possible (I did not negotiate for salary as I was already offered the highest salary available for that position).

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Interview Details – The interview was very long. It took about 6 hours, and meetings with different people. Baylor did not pay for the expenses related to the interview, air ticket, hotel, etc.

Reason for Declining – The slary offered was very poor. 20K less than what I currently make, the human resources representative asked for my current pay stub so they will "match" my current salary.

Research Technician II Interview

Research Technician II
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very courteous atmosphere, my interview consisted with directors of all the major labs and a showcase of what some of the labs did. On my final interview date I was shown the lab I would be working in and met the people in that lab.All in all it was a very professional atmosphere.

Interview Question – What is your strongest and weakest point?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Accountant II Interview

Accountant II
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in November 2009.

Interview Details – There interviewing process sucks, it's very simple and they have no plan nor strategy set up kind of like the work flow of the company. They asked a couple of questions and tell you what's expected of you.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NONE

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Baylor College of Medicine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baylor College of Medicine interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baylor College of Medicine employees and interview candidates.