Baylor College of Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.7

Graduate Student Interview

apply online, face-to-face interview. I had the impression that they had a pretty good idea about who to hire from the beginning. So as long as you don't behave like an idiot and be honest with your answers they should give you an offer

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Contact me next day, and asked me several questions. Basic question. and Introduced me several ongoing projects and lab environments and then asked me if i had questions and then asked me why chose baylor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2010.

This depends on each department in BCM. A typical case entails a one day interview with around 5 to 7 principal investigators and second day familiarizing with the city and school with the current students.

Division Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Was contacted by receptionist from department within days of submitting resume online and was scheduled for interview for the following week. Arrived at interview and waited over 45 minutes for the interviewers to arrive. Interview was brief with few questions. Questions were typical of management interviews, but lacking in depth. Interviewers didn't provide much/clear information regarding the position, even after asking several questions. Was informed that the interview was a 3 part interview and would receive follow up regarding next step. Within 2 days received email that someone else was hired.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

I had one phone interview and the hiring person asked me some questions, explained their projects and works, and mentioned what he/she expected me to do

Interview Questions
    • It was a routine interview and I didn't find it difficult at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2013.

I applied in late December. I received an email in early January for an interview weekend in February. The program paid for the flights, and hotel. I shared a hotel room with another interviewee. The interview was at the school on a Friday. There were about 16 of us. There was breakfast and a short overview in the morning before the interview. I interviewed with six faculty, one of whom was the program director. Lunch was provided, and there was a brief campus tour. That evening we had a Tex-Mex dinner party.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Research Coordinator III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in May 2010.

The hiring process went very well. It started with a telephone interview followed up with a in person interview. Everything went smoothly and very quickly. The interview mainly went over my research coordinator experience and my willingness to learn other areas of research.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in August 2013.

Number of interview: 1. Came in, interviewed with lab PI, and was asked general questions. Was asked my background experience and if I have expertise in the lab techniques.

Other job opportunity.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in September 2011.

two panel interviews - first interview with dev team - second interview with Director/VP and dev team

Interview Questions
    • Q. Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

This process is specific to each PI

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked questions based on my scientific background   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, salary is NRSA

Worked for Baylor College of Medicine? Contribute to the Community!