Baylor College of Medicine

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2010.

Interview Details – This depends on each department in BCM. A typical case entails a one day interview with around 5 to 7 principal investigators and second day familiarizing with the city and school with the current students.

Interview Question – All day interview was slightly tiring.   Answer Question

Division Administrator Interview

Division Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Interview Details – Was contacted by receptionist from department within days of submitting resume online and was scheduled for interview for the following week. Arrived at interview and waited over 45 minutes for the interviewers to arrive. Interview was brief with few questions. Questions were typical of management interviews, but lacking in depth. Interviewers didn't provide much/clear information regarding the position, even after asking several questions. Was informed that the interview was a 3 part interview and would receive follow up regarding next step. Within 2 days received email that someone else was hired.

Interview Question – No Difficult or Unexpected Questions.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Associate

Interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and the hiring person asked me some questions, explained their projects and works, and mentioned what he/she expected me to do

Interview Question – It was a routine interview and I didn't find it difficult at all   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in late December. I received an email in early January for an interview weekend in February. The program paid for the flights, and hotel. I shared a hotel room with another interviewee. The interview was at the school on a Friday. There were about 16 of us. There was breakfast and a short overview in the morning before the interview. I interviewed with six faculty, one of whom was the program director. Lunch was provided, and there was a brief campus tour. That evening we had a Tex-Mex dinner party.

Interview Question – Explain your Research?
Why do you want a phd?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Research Coordinator III Interview

Research Coordinator III

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process went very well. It started with a telephone interview followed up with a in person interview. Everything went smoothly and very quickly. The interview mainly went over my research coordinator experience and my willingness to learn other areas of research.

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in August 2013.

Interview Details – Number of interview: 1. Came in, interviewed with lab PI, and was asked general questions. Was asked my background experience and if I have expertise in the lab techniques.

Interview Question – No difficult question. All straight forward.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job opportunity.

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in September 2011.

Interview Details – two panel interviews - first interview with dev team - second interview with Director/VP and dev team

Interview Question – Q. Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Interview Details – This process is specific to each PI

Interview Question – I was only asked questions based on my scientific background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, salary is NRSA

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Interview Details – They don't give opportunities to grow in my career

Interview Question – I had to pass a test in the interview   Answer Question

Histology Technician Interview

Histology Technician
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in December 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview. I was given a tour of the facility. I was asked to give three words that describe me. Two weeks later I was hired.

Interview Question – Why don't I speak Spanish?   View Answer

Worked for Baylor College of Medicine? Contribute to the Community!