Baylor College of Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.6

Project Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

I applied online to be a Project Intern in the IT Department, got a response the next day, and interviewed the next week on site. The interview lasted for about half an hour. They asked me very basic behavioral questions, and I think they brought a bank of questions. The interviewers were very kind and despite the standard questions, the interview was quite conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, all the questions were fairly standard. Asked about me teamwork experience, how I approach problems, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

apply online, face-to-face interview. I had the impression that they had a pretty good idea about who to hire from the beginning. So as long as you don't behave like an idiot and be honest with your answers they should give you an offer

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Contact me next day, and asked me several questions. Basic question. and Introduced me several ongoing projects and lab environments and then asked me if i had questions and then asked me why chose baylor

Division Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Was contacted by receptionist from department within days of submitting resume online and was scheduled for interview for the following week. Arrived at interview and waited over 45 minutes for the interviewers to arrive. Interview was brief with few questions. Questions were typical of management interviews, but lacking in depth. Interviewers didn't provide much/clear information regarding the position, even after asking several questions. Was informed that the interview was a 3 part interview and would receive follow up regarding next step. Within 2 days received email that someone else was hired.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

I had one phone interview and the hiring person asked me some questions, explained their projects and works, and mentioned what he/she expected me to do

Interview Questions
    • It was a routine interview and I didn't find it difficult at all   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in August 2013.

Number of interview: 1. Came in, interviewed with lab PI, and was asked general questions. Was asked my background experience and if I have expertise in the lab techniques.

Other job opportunity.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

This process is specific to each PI

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked questions based on my scientific background   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, salary is NRSA

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

They don't give opportunities to grow in my career

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baylor College of Medicine.

Based on advertisement in different job sites or personal advertisement after a talk by professor one can apply for the position. Employer will contact immediately and ask for recommendation letters. If satisfied employer will contact applicant for telephone interview and/or site interview. If satisfied employer will offer formally then administrative person will be in touch paper work.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baylor College of Medicine in February 2013.

I applied in late December. I received an email in early January for an interview weekend in February. The program paid for the flights, and hotel. I shared a hotel room with another interviewee. The interview was at the school on a Friday. There were about 16 of us. There was breakfast and a short overview in the morning before the interview. I interviewed with six faculty, one of whom was the program director. Lunch was provided, and there was a brief campus tour. That evening we had a Tex-Mex dinner party.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.