Baylor Health Care System

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

Director of Organizational Effectiveness Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baylor Health Care System in January 2015.

Many interviews- many interviewees. Three flights there to get an offer. Lots of dialogue. Baylor is incredibly cautious in its hiring and it takes a long time to jump through all of the hoops.

Interview Questions
    • What relevant experience have you had applicable to our situation.   View Answer
    About relocation- I didn think anything else was negotiable.

Med Surg Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

Panel with 2-3 people. Behavioral questions were asked from a packet with a little space for them to write down your answers. I was asked "what would you do" and "name a situation" questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation except would I like night or days. The pay was already settled prior when the HR department called to set up the interview

Physician Liaison Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

All interviews went smoothly, Behavioral-type interview questions, and as you progress in the interview process, there will be a panel interview. The panel interview also consisted of a lot of behavioral type questions & I was also asked for percentages & numbers about my current position.

Interview Questions
    • By what percentage have you grown your current business   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

They asked a lot of normal questions about difficult situations and how you handled it, why you are leaving your current job, what you would change about your current job, why you are interested in their company..

Interview Questions
    • What you would do if you were asked to complete a task you didn't know how to do- I wasn't expecting this question and at my current job there isn't a supervisor at night so I explained that I would tell the patient that I wanted to make sure I was doing the task correctly so I am going to get some assistance from another nurse.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase- I'm a new grad, you get what you get.

Senior Billing and Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

Hiring process was quite extensive It took several months just from the initial application .After two to three weeks I received a phone call from the HR department regarding a phone interview with the Director of Billing and Compliance. It lasted 30 minutes. The questions were detailed but the answers were quite short due to the nature of the questions. All areas of billing, collections, data entry, cash postings and compliance situations were discussed. Nothing was left to chance.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were a little difficult to explain due to fact without knowing what system is being used the outcome would be slightly different. Once systems were identified all questions were answered correctly and in a very direct and concise way.   Answer Question
    actually the offer was presented thru HR after the Director recommended me for the position. BHCS have set rates for each position, but they can start you at any place within that range. if necessary they will add or delete a range or position to accommodate a different pay grade.

Registered Nurse Interview

I felt by the phone interview I wasn't able to provide my best qualities and explain my answers. I really wanted to prove myself capable for the job but felt not speaking in person, I couldn't connect & provide concert experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you make a difference in one patients life   View Answer

Research Assistant II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baylor Health Care System in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter less than a week after I submitted the application. He scheduled me for a phone interview for the following day. The interview was pretty basic - he just read off questions similar to what would be on an application ("Tell me about your experience", etc.)

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond during your work....etc."   Answer Question

Anesthesia Tech I Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

I applied for an Anesthesia Tech position. I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. They asked me questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this position and why do you want to work at Baylor. They asked me about education, certifications, and employment history. They also asked behavioral interview questions. The next step was an appointment for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation to handle at work with little guidance.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baylor Health Care System.

Initial phone call from HR was spotty but excellent interview process with team leads. In person interview included meeting various members of the team with excellent follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions versus whether your goals and desires align with the position. A very honest interview versus the psychologically round about ones.   Answer Question

ER Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baylor Health Care System in May 2014.

I applied for a PRN position at Baylor Irving online. I got an email from a recruiter for a telephone interview. I telephone interviewed with her and she asked about my previous experience and education. I volunteer at their big Baylor facility in the ER so I'm very familiar with how Baylor does things. Their staff has also told me to get a job there and get my foot in the door even more. I also have hands-on clinical experience from volunteering at a free clinic. Well, I applied and didn't receive a job offer. Kind of frustrated me when I have plenty of their own employees that would vouch for me as a great candidate for this position.