Baylor University Medical Center

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.7

Education Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Initial phone interview with an HR recruiter. Then they pass on your information to the department. They'll contact for an in person interview. You meet with manager and director. If they like you, you'll be invited to meet with the manager and another higher management official. Then the offer comes from HR. They low ball the offers and do not shy away from people with little to no education. They also count that the interviewee will not negotiate the salary. They also like to do a personality test to ensure that your personality doesn't clash with the manager because they wouldn't want to hire someone who will question the manager's authority or the processes and procedures already in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were typical interview questions you could pick up off a website.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. If you negotiate, they'll wait you out until you either decline or accept their original offer.

RN, CCRN, 4W Surgical and Solid Organ Transplant ICU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Applied for CVICU, CCU, or Heart Transplant ICU after 26 yrs. in those areas..my resume was sent to the unit that cares for patients with solid organ transplants, which I had no experience with but was nice that it was challenging and I don't regret taking the position

I took their first offer but was still maxed out within 3 yrs

Rehab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in August 2012.

Complete Application,
    Interview with rehab director and clinical coordinator.
    Received a call back within 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you were faced with a negative experience and how you handled it?"   View Answer
    $12.00/hr. It was basically the going rate for the position at the time. Don't expect much wiggle room for this pay for this position regardless of where you go.

Hardware/Software Tech I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Asked alot of basic technical questions, behavioral questions

take it or leave it

Anesthesia Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in July 2013.

About 2 weeks after applying online, I received an email from a BUMC recruiter asking to schedule a phone screening. The screening was about 15 minutes long and consisted of 3 behavioral questions, a run down of the job and its responsibilities, a description of the training process, a few questions about my work and research experience, and lastly, whether or not I had any questions for her.
    1 week after the phone screening I was emailed with a request to schedule an in-person interview. I took their first available time the next day, and I was met by two people including the supervisor of my division. There were no behavioral questions this time around but they still wanted to know if I was capable of the duties the position entailed and had me provide evidence to back up my statements. They warned me the job would include long hours on my feet (including some weekends) and a very busy schedule, but I assured them I could handle it based on previous work experience.
    1 week after my interview I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • We've all made mistakes. Tell me about a time you made a mistake on the job and what you did to resolve it.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Graduate License Vocational Nursing Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in November 2009.

Interviewed by human resource first. Once you past the screening through human resource I was interviewed by the floor manager. The manager basically asking question on why I want to become a floor nurse and how would I work with other staff. I received a phone call from HR within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult question. You were required to past several clinical testing and preceptor ship.   Answer Question

BE the Match- Search Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

I had a phone interview & then a formal interview with the Head search coordinator. She was a great interviewer, but you definitely have to be a medical-minded person for this job/interview. If you don’t know anything about PBSC/stem-cell & Bone marrow donation, then study up! This job requires you to be able remember medical terminology at the drop of a hat. You communicate with the oncologists in their “language,” and then you have to be able to turn around and explain the process in a way that non-medical people will understand it. There were a lot of questions about how well I can work under deadline pressure, etc… it’s a fire drill of a job, but very exciting. If you’re medical-minded, have a passion for helping people, work well under pressure, and don’t mind staying late at the office, then this job is for you.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the following situation: A donor gets close to finishing the donor preparation process & decides to back out...   View Answer
    I didn’t negotiate because i was happy to get the job

Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in September 2011.

I was able to apply for the position via the intranet and submit my resume. Within less than 12 hours Human Resources contacted me to set up a telephone interview. The telephone interview was scheduled in less that 48 hours. I am now awaiting a call back to see if the Director of ICU is interested in interviewing me. I should hear from HR within 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How have I increased employee retention and what were the measureable outcomes.   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in July 2010.

I got a call from the recruiter, to make an appointment for the phone interview, asked the basics, why Baylor, why this position...They also asked my current salary and asked if I was interviewing anywhere else, which I was, another hospital group in TX.
    Called a week later to schdedule a 1:1 interview with HR Director, very nice
    she asked if I had any questions about the position before anything else. So I asked my questions about the company, how many incumbents etc...
    Got an email a day later stating they 'decided to pursue other candidates...'
    I called the recruiter back to get feedback for my development, I was told they chose someone with 7-10yrs exp over my 6yrs. But overall, cool experience.
    Recommendation: Know about Baylor

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to convince a group of people of something...   Answer Question
    • What was your worse day that you would not want to re-live?   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in September 2008.

I initiated the interview process by uploading information to the Baylor website. The recruiter contacted me a few days later for a phone interview. She then contacted the managers of the various units for interest in my skills and experience in their respective specialties. She set up three interviews, one a day. They were all conducted in a group format with behavior psych questions. I toured the facilities and shadowed another therapist during patient care. I reported my preferences to the recruiter and she extended a job offer. I was given three days to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Clinical case scenario given. Describe how you would evaluate and treat this person.   Answer Question

Worked for Baylor University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!