Baylor University Medical Center

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Education Coordinator Interview

Education Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with an HR recruiter. Then they pass on your information to the department. They'll contact for an in person interview. You meet with manager and director. If they like you, you'll be invited to meet with the manager and another higher management official. Then the offer comes from HR. They low ball the offers and do not shy away from people with little to no education. They also count that the interviewee will not negotiate the salary. They also like to do a personality test to ensure that your personality doesn't clash with the manager because they wouldn't want to hire someone who will question the manager's authority or the processes and procedures already in place.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were typical interview questions you could pick up off a website.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. If you negotiate, they'll wait you out until you either decline or accept their original offer.

RN, CCRN, 4W Surgical and Solid Organ Transplant ICU Interview

RN, CCRN, 4W Surgical and Solid Organ Transplant ICU
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Interview Details – Applied for CVICU, CCU, or Heart Transplant ICU after 26 yrs. in those areas..my resume was sent to the unit that cares for patients with solid organ transplants, which I had no experience with but was nice that it was challenging and I don't regret taking the position

Interview Question – no problems in that area, was as usual and standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer but was still maxed out within 3 yrs

Rehab Tech Interview

Rehab Tech
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – Complete Application,
Interview with rehab director and clinical coordinator.
Received a call back within 48 hours.

Interview Question – "Name a time you were faced with a negative experience and how you handled it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – $12.00/hr. It was basically the going rate for the position at the time. Don't expect much wiggle room for this pay for this position regardless of where you go.

Hardware/Software Tech I Interview

Hardware/Software Tech I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Interview Details – Asked alot of basic technical questions, behavioral questions

Interview Question – Classic what are you weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Anesthesia Tech I Interview

Anesthesia Tech I
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in July 2013.

Interview Details – About 2 weeks after applying online, I received an email from a BUMC recruiter asking to schedule a phone screening. The screening was about 15 minutes long and consisted of 3 behavioral questions, a run down of the job and its responsibilities, a description of the training process, a few questions about my work and research experience, and lastly, whether or not I had any questions for her.
1 week after the phone screening I was emailed with a request to schedule an in-person interview. I took their first available time the next day, and I was met by two people including the supervisor of my division. There were no behavioral questions this time around but they still wanted to know if I was capable of the duties the position entailed and had me provide evidence to back up my statements. They warned me the job would include long hours on my feet (including some weekends) and a very busy schedule, but I assured them I could handle it based on previous work experience.
1 week after my interview I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Question – We've all made mistakes. Tell me about a time you made a mistake on the job and what you did to resolve it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Graduate License Vocational Nursing Interview

Graduate License Vocational Nursing

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by human resource first. Once you past the screening through human resource I was interviewed by the floor manager. The manager basically asking question on why I want to become a floor nurse and how would I work with other staff. I received a phone call from HR within one to two weeks.

Interview Question – There were no difficult question. You were required to past several clinical testing and preceptor ship.   Answer Question

BE the Match- Search Coordinator Interview

BE the Match- Search Coordinator
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview & then a formal interview with the Head search coordinator. She was a great interviewer, but you definitely have to be a medical-minded person for this job/interview. If you don’t know anything about PBSC/stem-cell & Bone marrow donation, then study up! This job requires you to be able remember medical terminology at the drop of a hat. You communicate with the oncologists in their “language,” and then you have to be able to turn around and explain the process in a way that non-medical people will understand it. There were a lot of questions about how well I can work under deadline pressure, etc… it’s a fire drill of a job, but very exciting. If you’re medical-minded, have a passion for helping people, work well under pressure, and don’t mind staying late at the office, then this job is for you.

Interview Question – How will you handle the following situation: A donor gets close to finishing the donor preparation process & decides to back out...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn’t negotiate because i was happy to get the job

Nurse Manager Interview

Nurse Manager
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was able to apply for the position via the intranet and submit my resume. Within less than 12 hours Human Resources contacted me to set up a telephone interview. The telephone interview was scheduled in less that 48 hours. I am now awaiting a call back to see if the Director of ICU is interested in interviewing me. I should hear from HR within 48 hours.

Interview Question – How have I increased employee retention and what were the measureable outcomes.   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in July 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call from the recruiter, to make an appointment for the phone interview, asked the basics, why Baylor, why this position...They also asked my current salary and asked if I was interviewing anywhere else, which I was, another hospital group in TX.
Called a week later to schdedule a 1:1 interview with HR Director, very nice
she asked if I had any questions about the position before anything else. So I asked my questions about the company, how many incumbents etc...
Got an email a day later stating they 'decided to pursue other candidates...'
I called the recruiter back to get feedback for my development, I was told they chose someone with 7-10yrs exp over my 6yrs. But overall, cool experience.
Recommendation: Know about Baylor

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to convince a group of people of something...   Answer Question
  • What was your worse day that you would not want to re-live?   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Occupational Therapist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baylor University Medical Center in September 2008.

Interview Details – I initiated the interview process by uploading information to the Baylor website. The recruiter contacted me a few days later for a phone interview. She then contacted the managers of the various units for interest in my skills and experience in their respective specialties. She set up three interviews, one a day. They were all conducted in a group format with behavior psych questions. I toured the facilities and shadowed another therapist during patient care. I reported my preferences to the recruiter and she extended a job offer. I was given three days to make a decision.

Interview Question – Clinical case scenario given. Describe how you would evaluate and treat this person.   Answer Question

Worked for Baylor University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!