Baynote

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baynote in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a wonderful technical interview/discussion with the hiring manager who I think is the Director. She seemed to have immense knowledge of Data. I commend her for being technically strong, trying to hire top-notch candidates to deliver Data Warehouse solutions with new technologies. Even though I was rejected, it was indeed challenging to discuss various technical questions. Would have loved to work in such a team/company..

Interview Question – Simple but tricky software development questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baynote in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to Baynote through a friend who knew someone there. My interview consisted of a series of 1:1 face-to-face interviews. The process was not that different from the interview process at most other Silicon Valley startups, but I was impressed with a few things:

* People were true professionals
* They clearly cared about their jobs
* They were very honest about the challenges the company had. This was particularly refreshing.

Overall, the experience was a truly positive one. The people I talked to was the biggest reason I took Baynote's offer.

Interview Question – The questions were not that unusual. If you have interviewed a lot at other top companies, you know what to expect.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Baynote in April 2011.

Interview Details – It started with non-technical phone screening. Then I had an hour long technical screening by one of the engineers. He drilled me on many UI related questions, mostly related to JavaScript. The next step few days later was a full on-site, where I met 4 more people. I had to write code on a whiteboard, solve several algorithmic problems, talk about design and coding practices. It all went well. Interviewers were friendly, professional, and showed good level of competency. I was impressed by the team and by the manager, and could easily imagine myself working at BayNote.

Interview Question – find a median in a set of multiple huge files. This is one of google-style questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got an oral offer. Then met with VP to discuss my expectations, my previous compensation level, and what the company can offer. I negotiated some lift in the base, but sacrificed some other part of the package. It all seemed reasonable. I decided to accept the offer even though I expected two a bit higher offers, which actually came a couple of days later from other companies. I do not regret, since I like the team and the company prospects.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Baynote? Contribute to the Community!

Baynote – Why Work for Us?

Baynote is proud to be affiliated with some of the world's most recognized brands ​​(such as AT&T, Urban Decay, 3M, Hayneedle, Uncommon Good, J Crew, etc.). Our customers depend on the Baynote Customer Experience Layer… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baynote Engineering interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baynote employees and interview candidates.