Bazaarvoice Client Success Director Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2015

3.8

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in December 2014.

Interview

About 4 weeks after my online application, I got an email from an HR manager to set up a phone screen (half an hour). The second step was a phone interview the next day with the person who would be my boss, after which I was asked to send a note about it to the HR manager from before. The third step was an in person interview with the manager's boss, and finally a presentation on a real-life example of a client problem. (Days in between to prepare your presentation.) Everyone was courteous and smart. They really like big marketing agency experience in a candidate's background for this position, which pleasantly surprised me.

Interview Questions

• The HR manager explained how the CSDs share a pool of about 1000 customers and asked if I saw any problems with that.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Interview

Had scheduled an interview with a recruiter. I prepared for the interview (e.g. learning about the company, understanding the position requirements, preparing questions, etc.). I was cut off after 3 minutes of speaking, and the recruiter said I wasn't a fit for the role. Of my 7 years of experience, she didn't let me get past my most recent 2 years, so there wasn't an opportunity to even touch upon 70% of my career experience. I've interviewed many candidates in the past, and I at least offer them an opportunity to explain their career trajectory and ask me questions about the role. I wouldn't ask someone to provide me with their career experience, and stop them after they've provided only a third of it.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter didn't ask any questions. I was simply stopped after a few minutes, and couldn't explain my career trajectory/experience.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Very extensive interview process. The hiring manager explained the whole "process" and told me it would take at least 6 weeks to complete. There were WAY too many stages. They think they are Google or read a book about Google's interview process. The interviewing sounded like they were FORCED to interview people- completely disinterested and disengaged.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult but it seemed like they already had a candidate. It was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

3 steps: 1 initial basic call, 2 in office interview with 3 people varying from potential team mates to potential manager, 3 presentation role play. Presentation round is tough and really good questions are asked. Many people lose the opportunity on this round.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

1st - phone screening with HR 2nd - interview with Head of Client Success and Operations VP 3rd - one on one interviews with 3 members of the Client Success team 4th - phone interview with Client Success team Director 5th - did not happen but would have been a panel and presentation

Interview Questions

• What is your style of account management and interacting with clients?   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process at Bazaarvoice can be slightly lengthy but it is a reflection of the high standard of people they recruit. After a telephone interview with the head of recruitment you may have a phone interview with the manager of the role you are applying for. If the phone interview goes well, then you are invited to a face to face interview where you meet several people on an individual basis, usually includes the manager of the position you are interviewing for, a couple of your peers and potentially someone else from a different team you may have to work closely with. If you are succesful with this face to face interview, you are invited again for a presentation round where you're given in advance a case scenario to prepare and present in a role play interview. This usually takes about 30 to 45 minutes and there is a round of questions for about 15 minutes at the end.

Interview Questions

• The presentation and role play round can be challenging and it requires in advance preparation and research.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Bazaarvoice recruiting found my CV on a popular job posting site. I was contacted and went through 2 phone interviews before heading out to meet with the team. I had individual meetings with most of the current client success team before being asked to come back for a presentation in front of the group. I did a 45 minute presentation on a specific challenge followed by a feedback session. Lastly - I spoke with the VP of Client Services and finished my interview process before being contacted about the role and offered the position approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any one specific question. The presentation was the challenge - it was a unique way to see how I would handle presenting but also a gauge on how much research I did - a bit of a test to see how much I truly wanted the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly brief. We agreed shortly after the first conversation.