Bazaarvoice

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Question – Hiding a div with jquery.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone screening with HR. This was followed by a timed test on HTML/CSS/XML.

After a week or so, I was contacted for a technical phone interview. During this phone interview, I was asked a number of HTML/CSS/JavaScript related questions ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Unfortunately, I did not study for this as much as I could have so I did not perform too well. All of the questions were fair questions.

Interview Question – For a product page, would you rather have a server loaded page or client loaded page?   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2010.

Interview Details – After a recruiter contacted me, I was given a skills assessment to complete within a specified time frame (1 hour). Once completed and scored, I had a couple brief phone interviews and was then brought in for half a day of face-to-face interviews.

The interview was focused on culture fit, communication and technical acumen.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer I was pretty happy with, so I took it, though I negotiated for extra stock options.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Question – CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2012.

Interview Details – Bazaarvoice's has by far the most efficient and pleasant interview to hiring pipeline I've encountered. They are extremely responsive once the interview process commenced and everyone I've spoken to remotely or in person have been very quick to provide helpful responses. From my dealings thus far with Bazaarvoice; I am very pleased to have been offered a position with this company and am looking forward to working with such a diligent team of people.

Interview Question – The questions I was asked were mostly to do with my interactions with clients and project / time management.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2010.

Interview Details – Round 1 was a very simple and brief phone screen. There were only a couple of questions about html syntax. They asked about expected compensation and since it was lower than I was looking for, the interview spent some time pitching the company culture.
Round 2 was a technical exam. It was scheduled for a specific time a couple of days later. I was told that a file would arrive with instructions at the given time. It did not arrive on time, so I emailed the recruiter and she said it was on the way. It arrived 15 minutes late for a 65 minute exam. The exam was not difficult, but time was short and I was not able to finish in time. There were 3 sections to the exam. 1 was fixing an existing website layout using only css. Second was implementing Bazzar Voice ratings and comments on that site and formatting the elements as requested. And, 3 was sending a communication to the client about your work. You were expected to check the layout in IE, Firefox, and Safari, so be sure you have a three installed before your scheduled exam time. I did not move on to the next round.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a div and a span?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bazaarvoice

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!

Bazaarvoice Videos

Bazaarvoice – Why Work for Us?

Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bazaarvoice Implementation Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bazaarvoice employees and interview candidates.