Bazaarvoice Implementation Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2014.

Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Implementation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Started off with a phone screening with HR. This was followed by a timed test on HTML/CSS/XML.

After a week or so, I was contacted for a technical phone interview. During this phone interview, I was asked a number of HTML/CSS/JavaScript related questions ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Unfortunately, I did not study for this as much as I could have so I did not perform too well. All of the questions were fair questions.

Interview Questions
    • For a product page, would you rather have a server loaded page or client loaded page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Questions
    • CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2012.

Bazaarvoice's has by far the most efficient and pleasant interview to hiring pipeline I've encountered. They are extremely responsive once the interview process commenced and everyone I've spoken to remotely or in person have been very quick to provide helpful responses. From my dealings thus far with Bazaarvoice; I am very pleased to have been offered a position with this company and am looking forward to working with such a diligent team of people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked were mostly to do with my interactions with clients and project / time management.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2010.

After a recruiter contacted me, I was given a skills assessment to complete within a specified time frame (1 hour). Once completed and scored, I had a couple brief phone interviews and was then brought in for half a day of face-to-face interviews.

The interview was focused on culture fit, communication and technical acumen.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer I was pretty happy with, so I took it, though I negotiated for extra stock options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2010.

Round 1 was a very simple and brief phone screen. There were only a couple of questions about html syntax. They asked about expected compensation and since it was lower than I was looking for, the interview spent some time pitching the company culture.
    Round 2 was a technical exam. It was scheduled for a specific time a couple of days later. I was told that a file would arrive with instructions at the given time. It did not arrive on time, so I emailed the recruiter and she said it was on the way. It arrived 15 minutes late for a 65 minute exam. The exam was not difficult, but time was short and I was not able to finish in time. There were 3 sections to the exam. 1 was fixing an existing website layout using only css. Second was implementing Bazzar Voice ratings and comments on that site and formatting the elements as requested. And, 3 was sending a communication to the client about your work. You were expected to check the layout in IE, Firefox, and Safari, so be sure you have a three installed before your scheduled exam time. I did not move on to the next round.