Bazaarvoice

Employer Engaged

Bazaarvoice Implementation Project Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Implementation Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

I was contacted by a Bazaarvoice recruiter about one week after I applied for the position to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter asked me a few questions about my experience and pace of the projects that I managed. She asked for my current salary and explained their salary offering to determine if I was still interested. She allowed me time to ask some questions about the organization and role. At the end of the interview, she indicated I would have a 30 minute phone screen with one of the hiring managers next.

For the phone screen with a hiring manager, the manager asked a few questions and gave me 50% of the time to ask her questions. At the end of the call, she thanked me for my time. The recruiter contacted me the next day to let me know that they would bring me onsite for three 30-minute interviews with a hiring manager and some peers. They provided the names and tiles of the three people I would interview with when scheduling the interview.

For the onsite interview, the three interviewers focused on different areas. They asked a mix of behavioral and situational questions. Due to time constraints, I only had time for one question for each of them.

The recruiter notified me that they wanted to bring me in for the presentation phase - a mock kickoff call. I would be interviewing with four managers which included a hiring manager. The names and titles of the interviewers were provided when the presentation was scheduled. The recruiter provides you with a one page high-level summary of expectations for the presentation. You are encouraged to be creative to make up what you don't know and to be detailed. You are told be be prepared to handle normal customer questions and objections.

I have will be doing my presentation next week and will re-submit this post with the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • They focused on the candidate being able to handle many concurrent projects (up to 30) at the same time as well as dealing with client objections.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bazaarvoice

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in July 2014.

Was contacted by a BV recruiter and went through several phone screens followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers/peers. Was flawless up to that point. Then things went way south. BV requires IPMs to do a mock kickoff presentation, but they do not provide you with any details other than to be creative and detailed... which I was. The presentation format provided was as follows... Personal introduction (5 minutes), Kickoff presentations (30-45 minutes) and Q&A (10 minutes). I spent at least 3 or 4 days creating and recreating my presentation based on everything I could find online about the products I was asked to include in my presentation. I was told the presentation would be in front of the people I had already proven myself to in the interview... that was not the case. I showed up and there were 4 strangers, which put me off guard and at a disadvantage , but I knew my kickoff was rock solid. Of course I don't know BV products and a 20+ page kickoff presentation of the unknown required me to read from my notes. Each of the 4 people interrupted me at least once during my presentation to throw objections, which obviously I was not expecting, but I handled them like a pro. It did throw me off course at one point, but I circled back quickly... Or, so I thought. There was no Q&A because they kept interrupting me, so there wasn't anything left to throw at me at the end of my presentation. I asked at the end what they thought about my presentation and was told that it's pretty much exactly what they are using for their kickoff calls, so that was cool. I was then completely blindsided the next day when I received a call from the recruiter telling me that they declined making me an offer stating that "my nerves got the better of me" in addition to they didn't like a couple of my answers to their questions aka "interruptions" during my presentation. The recruiter seemed shocked when I told her that they all interrupted me during my presentation and even stated that they should not have done that. Well, they did. I honestly don't know what they were looking for or who they want, but unless you are flawless, which is impossible if you don't already work there. Don't be surprised at this practice. I most likely have more experience doing PM and implementation than all 4 combined. And their disrespect of their own process and of my time and experience, was kind of a joke. So, if you are experienced and have any self respect, do yourself a favor and pass on BV. They are an immature organization and unless you know someone who works there who can land you a gig OR you receive a 100% unanimous vote on your presentation, even from non-managers who can't even follow their own hiring practices... well... I'm sure you get the point. Lucky for me a "professional" company made me a 6 figure offer, so good luck to BV trusting kids and an immature process to do their hiring.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

I had an initial call with their recruiter. Then I was setup with a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different people. I read all of the reviews here on glassdoor regarding what I should expect and they were very helpful. After I made it past that round, I was as asked to come back for a panel presentation. I was to conduct a sample kickoff with a new customer. The panel never took any notes, and it appeared that no matter what I did, their minds were made up. I was told that I did a great job, but wasn't hired because they felt that the experience I had didn't line up with what they were needing for the role.

Overall it was a great experience. The people I interviewed with were awesome, but I did feel like I was just going through the motions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2011.

If you are referred by a current employee, it's fairly easy to get the job.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2010.

Pretty difficult. Had to do presentation and went through multiple rounds of interviews. Very thorough, but good and well-coordinated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2010.

I was contacted by a BV recruiter because I had applied for a position in June of 2009, and the company had another opening. During the intitial phone interview, the recruiter described two positions: the one I originally applied for as well as a different one. After some discussion, I decided to pursue the IPM role. After the initial phone screen, I had a screen with a manager, which was great. Both of the phone interviews were very conversational, which made for a very relaxed and informative scenario.
    I was asked to come into the office and meet with three people for three different 1:1 interviews. I think the only constructive criticism about this piece is that I didn't know ahead of time who I would be meeting with. Perhaps that is done on purpose, but at the time the first interviewer didn't know where I was to go 2nd, and I couldn't tell her!
    For the next phase of the interview process, I was asked to come back and give a mock kick-off presentation to a panel of people. I did find out who would there ahead of time (it changed - no big deal). I did receive some mis-information, but I was able to get it figured out in plenty of time so that I didn't spend time on the wrong presentation.
    After that, I was asked to some back for the leadership/ exec interviews.
    Here are my thoughts on what my actualy experience was like:

a.) Every person I met with was engaged in the interview process. I never felt as if someone would have rather been reading his/her email or taking a nap, which, believe me, has happened.

b.) Every person I met with was super-friendly - can't say enough about that.

c.) The recruiter was phenomenal! She kept me updated and she never left me hanging (after the first in-office interview, I knew before I left the buildling that I would be coming back for the next phase), I loved how prompt everything was.

d.) I think the only constructive criticism about the first 1:1 interviews is that I didn't know ahead of time who I would be meeting with. Perhaps that is done on purpose, but at the time, the first interviewer didn't know where I was to go 2nd, and I couldn't tell her!

e.) For the executive interview, I was told that this would be the easy part - maybe 15 minutes each - but it actually wound up being 1.5 hours and the last one was full of questions!! I honestly didn't mind any of it, it was just that my expectations were totally off of what the reality was like.

Interview Questions
    • For the presentation, I received about 10% of the information that was needed, and then I was asked questions about the 90% I didn't know.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2010.

I had a contact of mine submit my resume to begin the interview process. I went through 3 phone interviews: 1 screener call to make sure the basics were being met (salary, relocation, hours, etc.), 1 call with a senior member of the team, and 1 call with a team leader. After the I passed the 3rd call, I came into the office for a set of 4 - 1 on 1 interviews with team members. The following day I gave a 60 minute presentation that I had been given 72 hours to prepare for. After the presentation, I interviewed with 3 more members of the executive and leadership team, followed with one more phone interview with my potential new supervisor. I received my offer 24 hours after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about hiring another project manager?   View Answer
    There wasn't much of a negotiation process. This was a take it or leave it kind of offer, but it was a good one, and one that matched the expectations that were set up front in the screener call.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2011.

I had an initial interview with the internal recruiter which then did not fall through because I found something else. But a year later the recruiter contacted me again and I was ready to change again.
    After an initial conversation with the internal recruiter, I had a call with the Director of Technical Services which followed a face to face meeting in their office. I met the Director but also another Project Manager as well as someone from the Account Management team.

The interview atmosphere was really nice and relaxed and we also had a chance to talk a bit about private interests.

The next round was a presentation and project kick off simulation. I had to simulate the project kick off and pretend to know a lot about the products in front an imaginary client. The Bazaarvoice people were playing the roles of the client and asked difficult questions. But all still happening in a relaxed and funny atmosphere.

At the end, I had another round of questions from the various people in the room.

Overall, the hiring process was long, but also satisfying as it gave me the chance to get more and more insights into the role in each step, but also showed me that the company was really interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • It was challenging to create the deck without having detailed knowledge about the product and the processed. But it was also a good experience to get more insights into the process and some real work experience how the job might look like.

TIPP: Attend the webinars which are offered online to get more information about the services and products.

Answer Question
    The negotiation was open and fair with comprises on both sides and a win/win for all.