Bazaarvoice

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Question – Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2011.

Interview Details – If you are referred by a current employee, it's fairly easy to get the job.

Interview Question – I don't remember because it was too long ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I asked for.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial call with their recruiter. Then I was setup with a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different people. I read all of the reviews here on glassdoor regarding what I should expect and they were very helpful. After I made it past that round, I was as asked to come back for a panel presentation. I was to conduct a sample kickoff with a new customer. The panel never took any notes, and it appeared that no matter what I did, their minds were made up. I was told that I did a great job, but wasn't hired because they felt that the experience I had didn't line up with what they were needing for the role.

Overall it was a great experience. The people I interviewed with were awesome, but I did feel like I was just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty difficult. Had to do presentation and went through multiple rounds of interviews. Very thorough, but good and well-coordinated.

Interview Question – How would you say 'no' to a client request?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a BV recruiter because I had applied for a position in June of 2009, and the company had another opening. During the intitial phone interview, the recruiter described two positions: the one I originally applied for as well as a different one. After some discussion, I decided to pursue the IPM role. After the initial phone screen, I had a screen with a manager, which was great. Both of the phone interviews were very conversational, which made for a very relaxed and informative scenario.
I was asked to come into the office and meet with three people for three different 1:1 interviews. I think the only constructive criticism about this piece is that I didn't know ahead of time who I would be meeting with. Perhaps that is done on purpose, but at the time the first interviewer didn't know where I was to go 2nd, and I couldn't tell her!
For the next phase of the interview process, I was asked to come back and give a mock kick-off presentation to a panel of people. I did find out who would there ahead of time (it changed - no big deal). I did receive some mis-information, but I was able to get it figured out in plenty of time so that I didn't spend time on the wrong presentation.
After that, I was asked to some back for the leadership/ exec interviews.
Here are my thoughts on what my actualy experience was like:

a.) Every person I met with was engaged in the interview process. I never felt as if someone would have rather been reading his/her email or taking a nap, which, believe me, has happened.

b.) Every person I met with was super-friendly - can't say enough about that.

c.) The recruiter was phenomenal! She kept me updated and she never left me hanging (after the first in-office interview, I knew before I left the buildling that I would be coming back for the next phase), I loved how prompt everything was.

d.) I think the only constructive criticism about the first 1:1 interviews is that I didn't know ahead of time who I would be meeting with. Perhaps that is done on purpose, but at the time, the first interviewer didn't know where I was to go 2nd, and I couldn't tell her!

e.) For the executive interview, I was told that this would be the easy part - maybe 15 minutes each - but it actually wound up being 1.5 hours and the last one was full of questions!! I honestly didn't mind any of it, it was just that my expectations were totally off of what the reality was like.

Interview Question – For the presentation, I received about 10% of the information that was needed, and then I was asked questions about the 90% I didn't know.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a contact of mine submit my resume to begin the interview process. I went through 3 phone interviews: 1 screener call to make sure the basics were being met (salary, relocation, hours, etc.), 1 call with a senior member of the team, and 1 call with a team leader. After the I passed the 3rd call, I came into the office for a set of 4 - 1 on 1 interviews with team members. The following day I gave a 60 minute presentation that I had been given 72 hours to prepare for. After the presentation, I interviewed with 3 more members of the executive and leadership team, followed with one more phone interview with my potential new supervisor. I received my offer 24 hours after the last interview.

Interview Question – How would you go about hiring another project manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation process. This was a take it or leave it kind of offer, but it was a good one, and one that matched the expectations that were set up front in the screener call.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the internal recruiter which then did not fall through because I found something else. But a year later the recruiter contacted me again and I was ready to change again.
After an initial conversation with the internal recruiter, I had a call with the Director of Technical Services which followed a face to face meeting in their office. I met the Director but also another Project Manager as well as someone from the Account Management team.

The interview atmosphere was really nice and relaxed and we also had a chance to talk a bit about private interests.

The next round was a presentation and project kick off simulation. I had to simulate the project kick off and pretend to know a lot about the products in front an imaginary client. The Bazaarvoice people were playing the roles of the client and asked difficult questions. But all still happening in a relaxed and funny atmosphere.

At the end, I had another round of questions from the various people in the room.

Overall, the hiring process was long, but also satisfying as it gave me the chance to get more and more insights into the role in each step, but also showed me that the company was really interested in me.

Interview Question – It was challenging to create the deck without having detailed knowledge about the product and the processed. But it was also a good experience to get more insights into the process and some real work experience how the job might look like.

TIPP: Attend the webinars which are offered online to get more information about the services and products.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was open and fair with comprises on both sides and a win/win for all.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bazaarvoice

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!

Bazaarvoice Videos

Bazaarvoice – Why Work for Us?

Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bazaarvoice Implementation Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bazaarvoice employees and interview candidates.