Bazaarvoice

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.3

Content Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Phone interview along with multiple online tests, applied through flexjobs.com as this position looked like a great telecommute job that would supplement my full time position. I was looking for a flexible telecommute position that I would be able to perform before and after my regular hours and that would be flexible to those needs.

Software Engineer Interview

Met at university career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview shortly after. Interview was conducted by one of software engineer who was at the career fair and was pretty generic (think algorithms, data structures). Next, recruiter set up a second round interview over the phone with another engineer. This interview was quite short (I think this was mainly the interviewer's preference) but about the same difficulty as the first. Offer was extended after that.

Interview Questions
    • Prefer not to disclose the full question but it boiled down to simple a simple OOP problem and then the interviewer extended it to include some math and we discussed the solution afterwards.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Thorough yet fair. Had two round of interviews with about five persons in each round. They asked detail questions about my experience and how it would relate to the posted role.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

The interview process was short and sweet. Had a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager which led to an in person interview that lasted four hours. This is fairly long for recruiting interviews. I spoke with the entire team during the interview.

I will say that the coordinating was awesome. I had a detailed interview plan sent to me. So I was fully aware of what was going on during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly normal regarding the questions that were asked.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was tough and took a little while. I was also asked to give only a week's notice to my previous employer. I had to negotiate to get a week and a half. Did not feel it was fair at all.

Client Success Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in December 2014.

About 4 weeks after my online application, I got an email from an HR manager to set up a phone screen (half an hour). The second step was a phone interview the next day with the person who would be my boss, after which I was asked to send a note about it to the HR manager from before. The third step was an in person interview with the manager's boss, and finally a presentation on a real-life example of a client problem. (Days in between to prepare your presentation.) Everyone was courteous and smart. They really like big marketing agency experience in a candidate's background for this position, which pleasantly surprised me.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager explained how the CSDs share a pool of about 1000 customers and asked if I saw any problems with that.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The interview was on campus and taking about 45 minutes . Mostly asking questions about my resume, like what were the projects going, what languages I used, what's the hardest/challenging parts of the projects, etc. In the last he asked me to implement a hash table, which needs two functions, put and get.

Management Interview

Applied at the company's online careers website, an internal recruiter contacted me and had a recruiter screening. Then 2 Phone interviews were set up after. Took about 2 months since the application was submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter and job itself were fantastic, but the one of interviewers was control freak. He never gave me an opportunity to speak about my experience and skills that I could offer. Every time I initiated, he shut me down (he told me to "stop"each time) and wanted to discuss only what he wanted to know for the entire 40 minutes. Then I realized why would I or anyone want to work with this guy?

But the process itself was great. A reliable recruiter who always replied to my questions and set up times/dates without mistakes.

Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

we went through phone interview. I couldn't make it to the next level but the lady who interviewed me explained next steps. next interview was technical interview and the last one was presentation based on the data analysis provided 48 hours prior to the presentation date.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter less than a week after I applied to schedule an interview for the position. One minute into the conversation, she realized that I had not graduated and immediately ended the conversation because the position needed to be filled in the near future. She was very unprofessional about the situation and her mistake and the interview was less than two minutes long.

Account Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

Was contacted on LinkedIn about the position, had a call with the hiring manager that week and then with a VP the next week. Interview process was seamless and they just wanted to gauge interest. The hiring manager was more inquisitive than the VP and the VP seemed to be comfortable passing me onto the next round of interviews with barely any questions asked. After the VP asked if I would be interested in coming into the office for an interview, I agreed and touched base with the hiring manager to schedule. He said he would get back to me in the next few days; however, there was no response. I followed up a few days later, and explained that I had secured another job in the meantime and the hiring manager just responded with an automated email saying they had decided to pursue other options, even though they had wanted to pass me through to the next round and I had already secured another job. It was all professional until the second round interview, which was very loose, and then with the follow up it was very unprofessional. Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions on my past experiences, do I enjoy research, working in an office all day. It's an entry level job, so they don't have too many detailed questions to ask.   Answer Question