Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.3

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiter, who then asked me to provide work samples. Next, the hiring team invited me to interview onsite. I had five 30-minute interviews with 6 team members. Had I succeeded, the next step would have been to perform a writing assignment and present it to the team. I regret that I did not get that far, because I really wanted the opportunity to demonstrate what I could do for BV and its clients. Perhaps I could have gained that opportunity had the interview process been organized differently; specifically, I wish I had been allowed to present my skills and abilities (and ask questions about the team's work) in a comprehensive manner. In hindsight, I feel the information exchanged via the format of five 30-minute interviews was rather scattershot and redundant. It did not help that some interviewers, though they may excel in their roles, lacked the interviewing skill of asking follow up questions to clarify or gain deeper understanding. Everyone I encountered throughout the process was pleasant and had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Which of the company's core values resonates with you most?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They are looking for an Inside Sales Rep role. I interviewed with a Melissa Marcus, their recruiter, who made me do an email response and phone response. I passed that, and had a phone interview with a Sarah Brenamen. I have 10 successful years of experience meeting every quota I have been given, training on SaaS products.. and still do not get an in person interview because supposedly they have 100s and 100s of people applying. I felt very discriminated against for some reason, and have a different opinion about this company now. They are all about reviews, well this one is a bad one about them.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Senior Manager, Demand Gen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Very thorough - there were 2 preliminary phone interviews. One with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Then five back to back in-person interviews at the headquarters location in Austin, TX. Next was an assignment with 3 days prep time followed by an in-person presentation to the marketing team. Lastly there were two final phone interviews with the CMO and a Sales VP.

Interview Questions

• Most significant accomplishment & why   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. They got back to me after a day asking for a soft copy of my resume. I sent the email and after a week they scheduled a non-technical phone interview. After the screen i was told to wait for the next step of the process and that I would be contacted through email to schedule a technical interview. After a week I heard back from them saying that the position was filled and they won't be persuing anymore candidates. They did wish me luck!

Content Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Phone interview along with multiple online tests, applied through flexjobs.com as this position looked like a great telecommute job that would supplement my full time position. I was looking for a flexible telecommute position that I would be able to perform before and after my regular hours and that would be flexible to those needs.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 3 years   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at university career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview shortly after. Interview was conducted by one of software engineer who was at the career fair and was pretty generic (think algorithms, data structures). Next, recruiter set up a second round interview over the phone with another engineer. This interview was quite short (I think this was mainly the interviewer's preference) but about the same difficulty as the first. Offer was extended after that.

Interview Questions

• Prefer not to disclose the full question but it boiled down to simple a simple OOP problem and then the interviewer extended it to include some math and we discussed the solution afterwards.   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2015.

Interview

Applied though the company website. Received an email from the recruiter the next day wanting to set up a call. After a 30 minute call with the recruiter she set up a call with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face with the team, 4 members for 30 minutes each. Everything moved quickly and the recruiter was informative of the process and next steps. The office and staff were very professional, setting a great example of what may come.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked what I considered my strengths and weaknesses are individually and with a team.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for an interview with HR about 2 weeks later. The HR representative was good but didn't follow up to provide feedback when she said she would. I had to continually follow up to find that there was a change in hiring managers causing the delay in the process. It appeared to be a great company to work for though and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my experience and my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview

Thorough yet fair. Had two round of interviews with about five persons in each round. They asked detail questions about my experience and how it would relate to the posted role.