Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.3

Management Interview

Applied at the company's online careers website, an internal recruiter contacted me and had a recruiter screening. Then 2 Phone interviews were set up after. Took about 2 months since the application was submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter and job itself were fantastic, but the one of interviewers was control freak. He never gave me an opportunity to speak about my experience and skills that I could offer. Every time I initiated, he shut me down (he told me to "stop"each time) and wanted to discuss only what he wanted to know for the entire 40 minutes. Then I realized why would I or anyone want to work with this guy?

But the process itself was great. A reliable recruiter who always replied to my questions and set up times/dates without mistakes.
        Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

we went through phone interview. I couldn't make it to the next level but the lady who interviewed me explained next steps. next interview was technical interview and the last one was presentation based on the data analysis provided 48 hours prior to the presentation date.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter less than a week after I applied to schedule an interview for the position. One minute into the conversation, she realized that I had not graduated and immediately ended the conversation because the position needed to be filled in the near future. She was very unprofessional about the situation and her mistake and the interview was less than two minutes long.

Account Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in September 2014.

Was contacted on LinkedIn about the position, had a call with the hiring manager that week and then with a VP the next week. Interview process was seamless and they just wanted to gauge interest. The hiring manager was more inquisitive than the VP and the VP seemed to be comfortable passing me onto the next round of interviews with barely any questions asked. After the VP asked if I would be interested in coming into the office for an interview, I agreed and touched base with the hiring manager to schedule. He said he would get back to me in the next few days; however, there was no response. I followed up a few days later, and explained that I had secured another job in the meantime and the hiring manager just responded with an automated email saying they had decided to pursue other options, even though they had wanted to pass me through to the next round and I had already secured another job. It was all professional until the second round interview, which was very loose, and then with the follow up it was very unprofessional. Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions on my past experiences, do I enjoy research, working in an office all day. It's an entry level job, so they don't have too many detailed questions to ask.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Very extensive interview process. The hiring manager explained the whole "process" and told me it would take at least 6 weeks to complete. There were WAY too many stages. They think they are Google or read a book about Google's interview process. The interviewing sounded like they were FORCED to interview people- completely disinterested and disengaged.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult but it seemed like they already had a candidate. It was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Client Success Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

Had scheduled an interview with a recruiter. I prepared for the interview (e.g. learning about the company, understanding the position requirements, preparing questions, etc.). I was cut off after 3 minutes of speaking, and the recruiter said I wasn't a fit for the role. Of my 7 years of experience, she didn't let me get past my most recent 2 years, so there wasn't an opportunity to even touch upon 70% of my career experience.

I've interviewed many candidates in the past, and I at least offer them an opportunity to explain their career trajectory and ask me questions about the role. I wouldn't ask someone to provide me with their career experience, and stop them after they've provided only a third of it.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter didn't ask any questions. I was simply stopped after a few minutes, and couldn't explain my career trajectory/experience.   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2014.

I was contacted by a Bazaarvoice recruiter about one week after I applied for the position to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter asked me a few questions about my experience and pace of the projects that I managed. She asked for my current salary and explained their salary offering to determine if I was still interested. She allowed me time to ask some questions about the organization and role. At the end of the interview, she indicated I would have a 30 minute phone screen with one of the hiring managers next.

For the phone screen with a hiring manager, the manager asked a few questions and gave me 50% of the time to ask her questions. At the end of the call, she thanked me for my time. The recruiter contacted me the next day to let me know that they would bring me onsite for three 30-minute interviews with a hiring manager and some peers. They provided the names and tiles of the three people I would interview with when scheduling the interview.

For the onsite interview, the three interviewers focused on different areas. They asked a mix of behavioral and situational questions. Due to time constraints, I only had time for one question for each of them.

The recruiter notified me that they wanted to bring me in for the presentation phase - a mock kickoff call. I would be interviewing with four managers which included a hiring manager. The names and titles of the interviewers were provided when the presentation was scheduled. The recruiter provides you with a one page high-level summary of expectations for the presentation. You are encouraged to be creative to make up what you don't know and to be detailed. You are told be be prepared to handle normal customer questions and objections.

I have will be doing my presentation next week and will re-submit this post with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • They focused on the candidate being able to handle many concurrent projects (up to 30) at the same time as well as dealing with client objections.   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Interview

I was encouraged to apply by a personal acquaintance. Submitted resume and was contacted through email to set up a phone interview the following week. Questions were fairly standard, focused on learning more about my background and how I thought I would approach the position. I was emailed within a week informing me that I would not be progressing any further in the process, but I followed up with them for general feedback/advice and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How would the skills from my background in a different field transfer to this role?   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in July 2014.

Was contacted by a BV recruiter and went through several phone screens followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers/peers. Was flawless up to that point. Then things went way south. BV requires IPMs to do a mock kickoff presentation, but they do not provide you with any details other than to be creative and detailed... which I was. The presentation format provided was as follows... Personal introduction (5 minutes), Kickoff presentations (30-45 minutes) and Q&A (10 minutes). I spent at least 3 or 4 days creating and recreating my presentation based on everything I could find online about the products I was asked to include in my presentation. I was told the presentation would be in front of the people I had already proven myself to in the interview... that was not the case. I showed up and there were 4 strangers, which put me off guard and at a disadvantage , but I knew my kickoff was rock solid. Of course I don't know BV products and a 20+ page kickoff presentation of the unknown required me to read from my notes. Each of the 4 people interrupted me at least once during my presentation to throw objections, which obviously I was not expecting, but I handled them like a pro. It did throw me off course at one point, but I circled back quickly... Or, so I thought. There was no Q&A because they kept interrupting me, so there wasn't anything left to throw at me at the end of my presentation. I asked at the end what they thought about my presentation and was told that it's pretty much exactly what they are using for their kickoff calls, so that was cool. I was then completely blindsided the next day when I received a call from the recruiter telling me that they declined making me an offer stating that "my nerves got the better of me" in addition to they didn't like a couple of my answers to their questions aka "interruptions" during my presentation. The recruiter seemed shocked when I told her that they all interrupted me during my presentation and even stated that they should not have done that. Well, they did. I honestly don't know what they were looking for or who they want, but unless you are flawless, which is impossible if you don't already work there. Don't be surprised at this practice. I most likely have more experience doing PM and implementation than all 4 combined. And their disrespect of their own process and of my time and experience, was kind of a joke. So, if you are experienced and have any self respect, do yourself a favor and pass on BV. They are an immature organization and unless you know someone who works there who can land you a gig OR you receive a 100% unanimous vote on your presentation, even from non-managers who can't even follow their own hiring practices... well... I'm sure you get the point. Lucky for me a "professional" company made me a 6 figure offer, so good luck to BV trusting kids and an immature process to do their hiring.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in July 2014.

HR called me to vet my online application and see if I was interested. They seemed confused as to the job description. It mentioned a "hands on manager", yet when I asked him if it was a hands on role, he said it would be a pure manager role. He suggested it wasn't a good fit for what I was wanting (which may have been true if the job description was accurate and he was just confused as to the "hands on" portion of the role).

Here comes the weird part (and why I gave a negative rating). About 2 weeks later I get an email from him asking if I was still interested in the position. I replied that I was still interested. Then nothing. Crickets. After 4 more emails trying to setup a time to discuss the role, I gave up trying.

This is the most unprofessional HR experience I have ever had.