Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2015.

I dropped off my resume at a career fair. They got back to me after a day asking for a soft copy of my resume. I sent the email and after a week they scheduled a non-technical phone interview. After the screen i was told to wait for the next step of the process and that I would be contacted through email to schedule a technical interview. After a week I heard back from them saying that the position was filled and they won't be persuing anymore candidates. They did wish me luck!

Content Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Phone interview along with multiple online tests, applied through flexjobs.com as this position looked like a great telecommute job that would supplement my full time position. I was looking for a flexible telecommute position that I would be able to perform before and after my regular hours and that would be flexible to those needs.

Software Engineer Interview

Met at university career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview shortly after. Interview was conducted by one of software engineer who was at the career fair and was pretty generic (think algorithms, data structures). Next, recruiter set up a second round interview over the phone with another engineer. This interview was quite short (I think this was mainly the interviewer's preference) but about the same difficulty as the first. Offer was extended after that.

Interview Questions
    • Prefer not to disclose the full question but it boiled down to simple a simple OOP problem and then the interviewer extended it to include some math and we discussed the solution afterwards.   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2015.

Applied though the company website. Received an email from the recruiter the next day wanting to set up a call. After a 30 minute call with the recruiter she set up a call with the hiring manager. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face with the team, 4 members for 30 minutes each. Everything moved quickly and the recruiter was informative of the process and next steps. The office and staff were very professional, setting a great example of what may come.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked what I considered my strengths and weaknesses are individually and with a team.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2015.

I applied online and received a request for an interview with HR about 2 weeks later. The HR representative was good but didn't follow up to provide feedback when she said she would. I had to continually follow up to find that there was a change in hiring managers causing the delay in the process. It appeared to be a great company to work for though and I would apply again.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about my experience and my interest in the company.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Thorough yet fair. Had two round of interviews with about five persons in each round. They asked detail questions about my experience and how it would relate to the posted role.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

The interview process was short and sweet. Had a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager which led to an in person interview that lasted four hours. This is fairly long for recruiting interviews. I spoke with the entire team during the interview.

I will say that the coordinating was awesome. I had a detailed interview plan sent to me. So I was fully aware of what was going on during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly normal regarding the questions that were asked.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was tough and took a little while. I was also asked to give only a week's notice to my previous employer. I had to negotiate to get a week and a half. Did not feel it was fair at all.

Client Success Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in December 2014.

About 4 weeks after my online application, I got an email from an HR manager to set up a phone screen (half an hour). The second step was a phone interview the next day with the person who would be my boss, after which I was asked to send a note about it to the HR manager from before. The third step was an in person interview with the manager's boss, and finally a presentation on a real-life example of a client problem. (Days in between to prepare your presentation.) Everyone was courteous and smart. They really like big marketing agency experience in a candidate's background for this position, which pleasantly surprised me.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager explained how the CSDs share a pool of about 1000 customers and asked if I saw any problems with that.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The interview was on campus and taking about 45 minutes . Mostly asking questions about my resume, like what were the projects going, what languages I used, what's the hardest/challenging parts of the projects, etc. In the last he asked me to implement a hash table, which needs two functions, put and get.

Management Interview

Applied at the company's online careers website, an internal recruiter contacted me and had a recruiter screening. Then 2 Phone interviews were set up after. Took about 2 months since the application was submitted.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter and job itself were fantastic, but the one of interviewers was control freak. He never gave me an opportunity to speak about my experience and skills that I could offer. Every time I initiated, he shut me down (he told me to "stop"each time) and wanted to discuss only what he wanted to know for the entire 40 minutes. Then I realized why would I or anyone want to work with this guy?

But the process itself was great. A reliable recruiter who always replied to my questions and set up times/dates without mistakes.

Answer Question