Bazaarvoice

Getting the Interview

100 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Questions -
2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Question – 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online through their website. After about 2 weeks I received an email from HR and had a subsequent phone call with the recruiter. Then another call with the hiring manager a week or so later, and finally after about another week I was brought in to meet the hiring manager and three other employees I would be interacting with. Almost a month duration from first contact to the office interviews. The interviews were professional and I feel they asked typical questions for the role. I was told several times during the process that my experience matched well and was "what they were looking for". However, I was told they went with another candidate with similar experience but with more exposure to their industry. I don't necessarily agree that industry experience would be a differentiating factor for this position, and it would have been helpful for them to state upfront if that was a potential deal-breaker. I was surprised, as they didn't seem that myopic during the interviews.

Interview Question – They were mostly interested in my background and past experiences, and had some questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and people. For this role there was no technical assessment required. Because of my experience, I think the on-site interviews were more about personality than whether I was qualified, because I was asked pretty much the same questions that I got from the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Question – Hiding a div with jquery.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director of Events Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a good experience despite not landing the job. Everyone from HR up was professional, direct, friendly and transparent. I appreciated their feedback. It was fair, well-delivered and accurate. A+.

Interview Question – No zingers or deliberately tricky questions. My background just didn’t match up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Interview Question – topology sort   Answer Question

Technical Success Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interaction was a phone interview with a recruiter, very straight forward no difficult or unexpected questions.
Next, was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked mostly behavioral questions about situations I had been in and how I handled them.
I was then given a technical assessment. I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JQuery. It was straightforward and not too difficult, but it was timed.
Lastly, I was brought in for an on-site. I had multiple back to back interviews and the last interview administered a second technical assessment.

Interview Question – Using JavaScript, display a paragraph of content when a specific button is clicked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail the next week for a position in NY.

Interview Question – It was a phone screening and I really hated the fact that the guy went straight into asking "What are you salary expectations?" Which to me is an insult since they are scanning for cheap labor instead on focusing first to see if I was a good match for the company so that we could agree on a salary much later in the process. Glad I don't have to work for those guys.   View Answer

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started off with a phone screening with HR. This was followed by a timed test on HTML/CSS/XML.

After a week or so, I was contacted for a technical phone interview. During this phone interview, I was asked a number of HTML/CSS/JavaScript related questions ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Unfortunately, I did not study for this as much as I could have so I did not perform too well. All of the questions were fair questions.

Interview Question – For a product page, would you rather have a server loaded page or client loaded page?   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Implementation Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2011.

Interview Details – If you are referred by a current employee, it's fairly easy to get the job.

Interview Question – I don't remember because it was too long ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I asked for.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen interview first. Introduce yourself and then a coding practice. To find the missing number in n numbers which are in 0~n-1. After passing the phone interview, I got arranged to go to their office to have an onsite, which lasts for 6~7 hours. 6 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Most of problems come from crackTheInterview.

Interview Question – I came out of all the problems. But may be not very smooth. I didn't get the offer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bazaarvoice

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!

Bazaarvoice Videos

Bazaarvoice – Why Work for Us?

Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bazaarvoice interview questions and advice. All 100 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bazaarvoice employees and interview candidates.