Bazaarvoice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing/Sales Interview

Marketing/Sales

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – I was encouraged to apply by a personal acquaintance. Submitted resume and was contacted through email to set up a phone interview the following week. Questions were fairly standard, focused on learning more about my background and how I thought I would approach the position. I was emailed within a week informing me that I would not be progressing any further in the process, but I followed up with them for general feedback/advice and they were very friendly.

Interview Question – How would the skills from my background in a different field transfer to this role?   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Implementation Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Question – Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front End Engineer Interview

Front End Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and applied. The interview process itself was not bad(phone, test, in person) and one person was friendly enough but their ego seemed to get in the way. The in person interview at the company was the most revealing. If you still want to waste your time going through the process with them, the in person interview should have you running far far away and as fast as you can.

Interview Question – None. All questions we're very simple/basic including the test.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I talked to an employee and friend about the company and the company has problems. No individual growth potential for about 80% of it's employees. The company is not sure where it is headed and a very high turn over rate.

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview.
The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Question – Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Questions -
2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Question – 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online through their website. After about 2 weeks I received an email from HR and had a subsequent phone call with the recruiter. Then another call with the hiring manager a week or so later, and finally after about another week I was brought in to meet the hiring manager and three other employees I would be interacting with. Almost a month duration from first contact to the office interviews. The interviews were professional and I feel they asked typical questions for the role. I was told several times during the process that my experience matched well and was "what they were looking for". However, I was told they went with another candidate with similar experience but with more exposure to their industry. I don't necessarily agree that industry experience would be a differentiating factor for this position, and it would have been helpful for them to state upfront if that was a potential deal-breaker. I was surprised, as they didn't seem that myopic during the interviews.

Interview Question – They were mostly interested in my background and past experiences, and had some questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and people. For this role there was no technical assessment required. Because of my experience, I think the on-site interviews were more about personality than whether I was qualified, because I was asked pretty much the same questions that I got from the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Interview Question – Hiding a div with jquery.   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

Director of Events

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a good experience despite not landing the job. Everyone from HR up was professional, direct, friendly and transparent. I appreciated their feedback. It was fair, well-delivered and accurate. A+.

Interview Question – No zingers or deliberately tricky questions. My background just didn’t match up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bazaarvoice

Interview Details – Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Interview Question – topology sort   Answer Question

Technical Success Manager Interview

Technical Success Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interaction was a phone interview with a recruiter, very straight forward no difficult or unexpected questions.
Next, was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked mostly behavioral questions about situations I had been in and how I handled them.
I was then given a technical assessment. I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JQuery. It was straightforward and not too difficult, but it was timed.
Lastly, I was brought in for an on-site. I had multiple back to back interviews and the last interview administered a second technical assessment.

Interview Question – Using JavaScript, display a paragraph of content when a specific button is clicked.   Answer Question

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!