Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.3

Front End Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

I was referred by a friend and applied. The interview process itself was not bad(phone, test, in person) and one person was friendly enough but their ego seemed to get in the way. The in person interview at the company was the most revealing. If you still want to waste your time going through the process with them, the in person interview should have you running far far away and as fast as you can.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions we're very simple/basic including the test.   Answer Question

I talked to an employee and friend about the company and the company has problems. No individual growth potential for about 80% of it's employees. The company is not sure where it is headed and a very high turn over rate.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Questions -
    2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on.
    3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review?
    4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n?
    5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice.

Submitted resume online through their website. After about 2 weeks I received an email from HR and had a subsequent phone call with the recruiter. Then another call with the hiring manager a week or so later, and finally after about another week I was brought in to meet the hiring manager and three other employees I would be interacting with. Almost a month duration from first contact to the office interviews. The interviews were professional and I feel they asked typical questions for the role. I was told several times during the process that my experience matched well and was "what they were looking for". However, I was told they went with another candidate with similar experience but with more exposure to their industry. I don't necessarily agree that industry experience would be a differentiating factor for this position, and it would have been helpful for them to state upfront if that was a potential deal-breaker. I was surprised, as they didn't seem that myopic during the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly interested in my background and past experiences, and had some questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and people. For this role there was no technical assessment required. Because of my experience, I think the on-site interviews were more about personality than whether I was qualified, because I was asked pretty much the same questions that I got from the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2014.

Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Technical Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

First interaction was a phone interview with a recruiter, very straight forward no difficult or unexpected questions.
    Next, was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked mostly behavioral questions about situations I had been in and how I handled them.
    I was then given a technical assessment. I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JQuery. It was straightforward and not too difficult, but it was timed.
    Lastly, I was brought in for an on-site. I had multiple back to back interviews and the last interview administered a second technical assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Using JavaScript, display a paragraph of content when a specific button is clicked.   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

It was a good experience despite not landing the job. Everyone from HR up was professional, direct, friendly and transparent. I appreciated their feedback. It was fair, well-delivered and accurate. A+.

Interview Questions
    • No zingers or deliberately tricky questions. My background just didn’t match up.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Started off with a phone screening with HR. This was followed by a timed test on HTML/CSS/XML.

After a week or so, I was contacted for a technical phone interview. During this phone interview, I was asked a number of HTML/CSS/JavaScript related questions ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Unfortunately, I did not study for this as much as I could have so I did not perform too well. All of the questions were fair questions.

Interview Questions
    • For a product page, would you rather have a server loaded page or client loaded page?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2013.

Applied online, got an e-mail the next week for a position in NY.

Interview Questions
    • It was a phone screening and I really hated the fact that the guy went straight into asking "What are you salary expectations?" Which to me is an insult since they are scanning for cheap labor instead on focusing first to see if I was a good match for the company so that we could agree on a salary much later in the process. Glad I don't have to work for those guys.   View Answer