Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.3

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a BV recruiter and went through several phone screens followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers/peers. Was flawless up to that point. Then things went way south. BV requires IPMs to do a mock kickoff presentation, but they do not provide you with any details other than to be creative and detailed... which I was. The presentation format provided was as follows... Personal introduction (5 minutes), Kickoff presentations (30-45 minutes) and Q&A (10 minutes). I spent at least 3 or 4 days creating and recreating my presentation based on everything I could find online about the products I was asked to include in my presentation. I was told the presentation would be in front of the people I had already proven myself to in the interview... that was not the case. I showed up and there were 4 strangers, which put me off guard and at a disadvantage , but I knew my kickoff was rock solid. Of course I don't know BV products and a 20+ page kickoff presentation of the unknown required me to read from my notes. Each of the 4 people interrupted me at least once during my presentation to throw objections, which obviously I was not expecting, but I handled them like a pro. It did throw me off course at one point, but I circled back quickly... Or, so I thought. There was no Q&A because they kept interrupting me, so there wasn't anything left to throw at me at the end of my presentation. I asked at the end what they thought about my presentation and was told that it's pretty much exactly what they are using for their kickoff calls, so that was cool. I was then completely blindsided the next day when I received a call from the recruiter telling me that they declined making me an offer stating that "my nerves got the better of me" in addition to they didn't like a couple of my answers to their questions aka "interruptions" during my presentation. The recruiter seemed shocked when I told her that they all interrupted me during my presentation and even stated that they should not have done that. Well, they did. I honestly don't know what they were looking for or who they want, but unless you are flawless, which is impossible if you don't already work there. Don't be surprised at this practice. I most likely have more experience doing PM and implementation than all 4 combined. And their disrespect of their own process and of my time and experience, was kind of a joke. So, if you are experienced and have any self respect, do yourself a favor and pass on BV. They are an immature organization and unless you know someone who works there who can land you a gig OR you receive a 100% unanimous vote on your presentation, even from non-managers who can't even follow their own hiring practices... well... I'm sure you get the point. Lucky for me a "professional" company made me a 6 figure offer, so good luck to BV trusting kids and an immature process to do their hiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter's interview who directly asks you what your 'rate' is, followed by technical phone interview. The recruitment process in bazaarvoice is so broken, they do not know how to assess technical talent. The company was looking for a person who can learn what they are doing in a R&D and work on it. Guess who they chose to interview candidates! An inexperienced graduate degree passout! Probably because the team is full of inexperienced graduates doing R&D. Moreover the lady was rude in the interview when asked about what qualities they are looking for that position. Not a good place to learn and develop for any experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. What is the most difficult technical problem encountered in your career.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied. The interview process itself was not bad(phone, test, in person) and one person was friendly enough but their ego seemed to get in the way. The in person interview at the company was the most revealing. If you still want to waste your time going through the process with them, the in person interview should have you running far far away and as fast as you can.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions we're very simple/basic including the test.   Answer Question

I talked to an employee and friend about the company and the company has problems. No individual growth potential for about 80% of it's employees. The company is not sure where it is headed and a very high turn over rate.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and spoke to the Recruiter right away. After that call, I spoke to someone on the IPM team. After those two calls, I came onsite and had 3 interviews for 30 minutes each. The last step was to come back and do a mock kickoff call with the same people you interviewed with plus one more Manager.

Interview Questions

• Just be very detailed in your answers, nothing high level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Questions - 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service? 2. Print a binary tree in snake order ie 1st level left to right, 2nd level right to left, 3rd left to right and so on. 3. How would you design a replacement for 5 category manual labelling system of a review? 4. How many zeroes are there in decimal representation of all numbers(1,2...n) upto a given number n? 5. Given a service what would you compromise on among CAP? Open discussion on it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how would you design a service health monitoring and alerting service?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX).

Interview

Submitted resume online through their website. After about 2 weeks I received an email from HR and had a subsequent phone call with the recruiter. Then another call with the hiring manager a week or so later, and finally after about another week I was brought in to meet the hiring manager and three other employees I would be interacting with. Almost a month duration from first contact to the office interviews. The interviews were professional and I feel they asked typical questions for the role. I was told several times during the process that my experience matched well and was "what they were looking for". However, I was told they went with another candidate with similar experience but with more exposure to their industry. I don't necessarily agree that industry experience would be a differentiating factor for this position, and it would have been helpful for them to state upfront if that was a potential deal-breaker. I was surprised, as they didn't seem that myopic during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly interested in my background and past experiences, and had some questions regarding how to handle difficult situations and people. For this role there was no technical assessment required. Because of my experience, I think the on-site interviews were more about personality than whether I was qualified, because I was asked pretty much the same questions that I got from the phone interviews.   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Went through a phone screening, a timed technical test, phone interview, then finally an onsite interview with 3 managers. Everyone I spoke with was awesome and made me feel welcome and although the interview process was lengthy it went smoothly and quickly.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Totally 4 rounds interview. In the first round, the HR just asked me some behaviour question. The second round and the third round are phone technical interview. It went very smoothly. And the final round is onsite interview with 5 senior software engineer, and also a lunch with a manager.

Technical Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

First interaction was a phone interview with a recruiter, very straight forward no difficult or unexpected questions. Next, was a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked mostly behavioral questions about situations I had been in and how I handled them. I was then given a technical assessment. I worked with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and JQuery. It was straightforward and not too difficult, but it was timed. Lastly, I was brought in for an on-site. I had multiple back to back interviews and the last interview administered a second technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• Using JavaScript, display a paragraph of content when a specific button is clicked.   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2013.

Interview

It was a good experience despite not landing the job. Everyone from HR up was professional, direct, friendly and transparent. I appreciated their feedback. It was fair, well-delivered and accurate. A+.

Interview Questions

• No zingers or deliberately tricky questions. My background just didn’t match up.   Answer Question