Bazaarvoice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Success Director Interview

Client Success Director
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1st - phone screening with HR
2nd - interview with Head of Client Success and Operations VP
3rd - one on one interviews with 3 members of the Client Success team
4th - phone interview with Client Success team Director
5th - did not happen but would have been a panel and presentation

Interview Question – What is your style of account management and interacting with clients?   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2010.

Interview Details – After a recruiter contacted me, I was given a skills assessment to complete within a specified time frame (1 hour). Once completed and scored, I had a couple brief phone interviews and was then brought in for half a day of face-to-face interviews.

The interview was focused on culture fit, communication and technical acumen.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer I was pretty happy with, so I took it, though I negotiated for extra stock options.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2012.

Interview Details – Absolutely the best interview process I have been through for a software engineering position. I interviewed as an undergraduate student looking for a full-time position, and I really enjoyed their recruiting process. I flew out for an on-site, where I had several interviews, and all but one were technical in nature. I had lunch with some engineers, and dinner with some managers and a recruiter. Conversation was casual and non-technical in nature, which I appreciated. The employees are all very well-rounded, which is rare in the software industry. After dinner, all the people I had dinners with, managers included, followed up with personal emails. Later in the week, the CTO called me up and made himself available for questions. Overall, I got the impression that they are a great company with a recruiting process that shows how much they value their employees.

Interview Question – My non-technical interview asked me to explain what Mock Trial (a debate program I'm involved in) is and how it works. I wasn't expecting this from a software engineering interview.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I found another position at a different company that better suited my interests at the time.

Foundation President Interview

Foundation President
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very informal process. Found out through a friend of a friend and then had a call that led to an interview. Since this is not an official position that is posted the process will be different from other job postings. Once there I interviewed with 3 different people independently.

Interview Question – None really. I believe the biggest issue was the lack of consistency between interviewers. It felt as they all had a different type of candidate in mind and different goals for that candidate. I believe they were not ready to move on a candidate for their newly yet to be formed Foundation.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Devops Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2012.

Interview Details – Fantastic experience; no "gotcha" questions. They use a really cool "take home" project to gauge your coding/scripting skills.

Interview Question – Not sure about difficult questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the terms so no negotiation was needed.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty good. Interviewing was pretty demanding but it shifts for what position you are interviewing for I'm sure. The HR process has been kind of crazy, but I hear they are working hard at the moment.

Interview Question – Some SQL problems.   View Answer

Sales Director Interview

Sales Director
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

Interview Details – As others have said, it's a process that really tests how much you want the job. If you're excited at the prospect of joining the team at Bazaarvoice, then the process is invigorating and exciting. If not, then I'm sure multiple interviews followed by a presentation is a little daunting. I found the process to be very fair and it gave me the chance to put my best foot forward, vs. most interviews. My .002...look at the presentation part as a new prospect you're trying to land and put in the time needed to distance yourself from the pack.

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired before it got really big. Design department was a very small group. It was a good experience.

Interview Question – Do you know java script?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews with 3 members of the team, each is about 15 mins for Social Analyst intern. They asked about what experience of projects you did

Interview Question – Employer asked if I have some experience of data mining   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Question – CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.