Bazaarvoice

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews with 3 members of the team, each is about 15 mins for Social Analyst intern. They asked about what experience of projects you did

Interview Question – Employer asked if I have some experience of data mining   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Question – CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Tech Services Interview

Tech Services
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2010.

Interview Details – For over a month and a half, I met with 13 individuals in almost every setting imaginable, including a presentation in front of a group of interviewers. Many of the vibes I received were negative. For example, two different managers told me, "You're not the perfect person for the job, but then again, no one is. We'll probably hire you, though, simply because we've waited so long and you're the most qualified person we've found." Way to get the relationship off on the right foot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager.

They were looking for someone with more forecasting experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your sense of humor   Answer Question

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Implementation Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial call with their recruiter. Then I was setup with a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different people. I read all of the reviews here on glassdoor regarding what I should expect and they were very helpful. After I made it past that round, I was as asked to come back for a panel presentation. I was to conduct a sample kickoff with a new customer. The panel never took any notes, and it appeared that no matter what I did, their minds were made up. I was told that I did a great job, but wasn't hired because they felt that the experience I had didn't line up with what they were needing for the role.

Overall it was a great experience. The people I interviewed with were awesome, but I did feel like I was just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

Senior Art Director Interview

Senior Art Director
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very long and laborious process

Negotiation Details – They won't offer anything, you have to ask for it.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Implementation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2012.

Interview Details – Bazaarvoice's has by far the most efficient and pleasant interview to hiring pipeline I've encountered. They are extremely responsive once the interview process commenced and everyone I've spoken to remotely or in person have been very quick to provide helpful responses. From my dealings thus far with Bazaarvoice; I am very pleased to have been offered a position with this company and am looking forward to working with such a diligent team of people.

Interview Question – The questions I was asked were mostly to do with my interactions with clients and project / time management.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

Interview Details – The initial phone screen was pretty basic, but there was some miscommunication in regards to setting up the appointment. I live on the east coast, and so all the times I mentioned over email communications included "EST" but when they responded, they didn't specify the interview time as CST or EST, so I ended up waiting an extra hour. Not a big deal, but just something to note.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design a casino for a blind person, how would you go about your design process?   View Answer
  • Describe what is your favorite object, explain why, and it cannot be an Apple product.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview first, very positive feedback. Followed up by onsite interview a few days later - 1.5 hours - met with 3 different people in varying levels of interaction with the position. Very energetic group but seemed judgemental, distracted and rushed which made the interview process uncomfortable. Was unsure of the position by the end, didn't receive further communication.

Interview Question – Normal job experience questions... Name a time when you had to ask for assistance - how did you approach, what did you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

Interview Details – After talking with HR, you go through a phone interview. The technical part of the phone interview consisted of mostly one question - implement an algorithm for a change machine to use with any monetary system. The phone interview to be much easier and laid back than in-person.

Interview Question – Implement a linked list.   Answer Question