Bazaarvoice Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.3

Foundation President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

Very informal process. Found out through a friend of a friend and then had a call that led to an interview. Since this is not an official position that is posted the process will be different from other job postings. Once there I interviewed with 3 different people independently.

Interview Questions
    • None really. I believe the biggest issue was the lack of consistency between interviewers. It felt as they all had a different type of candidate in mind and different goals for that candidate. I believe they were not ready to move on a candidate for their newly yet to be formed Foundation.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2012.

Fantastic experience; no "gotcha" questions. They use a really cool "take home" project to gauge your coding/scripting skills.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the terms so no negotiation was needed.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

Hiring process was pretty good. Interviewing was pretty demanding but it shifts for what position you are interviewing for I'm sure. The HR process has been kind of crazy, but I hear they are working hard at the moment.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

As others have said, it's a process that really tests how much you want the job. If you're excited at the prospect of joining the team at Bazaarvoice, then the process is invigorating and exciting. If not, then I'm sure multiple interviews followed by a presentation is a little daunting. I found the process to be very fair and it gave me the chance to put my best foot forward, vs. most interviews. My .002...look at the presentation part as a new prospect you're trying to land and put in the time needed to distance yourself from the pack.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

I had 3 interviews with 3 members of the team, each is about 15 mins for Social Analyst intern. They asked about what experience of projects you did

Interview Questions
    • Employer asked if I have some experience of data mining   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2010.

I was hired before it got really big. Design department was a very small group. It was a good experience.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Questions
    • CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Tech Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in January 2010.

For over a month and a half, I met with 13 individuals in almost every setting imaginable, including a presentation in front of a group of interviewers. Many of the vibes I received were negative. For example, two different managers told me, "You're not the perfect person for the job, but then again, no one is. We'll probably hire you, though, simply because we've waited so long and you're the most qualified person we've found." Way to get the relationship off on the right foot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in November 2011.

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager.

They were looking for someone with more forecasting experience.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

I had an initial call with their recruiter. Then I was setup with a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different people. I read all of the reviews here on glassdoor regarding what I should expect and they were very helpful. After I made it past that round, I was as asked to come back for a panel presentation. I was to conduct a sample kickoff with a new customer. The panel never took any notes, and it appeared that no matter what I did, their minds were made up. I was told that I did a great job, but wasn't hired because they felt that the experience I had didn't line up with what they were needing for the role.

Overall it was a great experience. The people I interviewed with were awesome, but I did feel like I was just going through the motions.