Bazaarvoice

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.3

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

Hiring process was pretty good. Interviewing was pretty demanding but it shifts for what position you are interviewing for I'm sure. The HR process has been kind of crazy, but I hear they are working hard at the moment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in August 2012.

built an automated application that display some stat metrics from a database with charts and user friendly, using php, ajax, html, css... presentation and explain the thought process that was behind the project.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

The hiring process for technical positions at Bazaarvoice is fairly straight forward. There is a technical test and if you pass you get an interview. They are extremely protective of the culture at Bazaarvoice, so the face to face seemed much like a personality test. They also grilled me on a few questions from the skills test, but that was more like seeing if I was the one who took the test.

Interview Questions
    • CSS, XML,HTML and Javascript, but they were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was pleasant and they were willing to negotiate on salary. I am very pleased.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in June 2012.

As others have said, it's a process that really tests how much you want the job. If you're excited at the prospect of joining the team at Bazaarvoice, then the process is invigorating and exciting. If not, then I'm sure multiple interviews followed by a presentation is a little daunting. I found the process to be very fair and it gave me the chance to put my best foot forward, vs. most interviews. My .002...look at the presentation part as a new prospect you're trying to land and put in the time needed to distance yourself from the pack.

Implementation Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

I had an initial call with their recruiter. Then I was setup with a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different people. I read all of the reviews here on glassdoor regarding what I should expect and they were very helpful. After I made it past that round, I was as asked to come back for a panel presentation. I was to conduct a sample kickoff with a new customer. The panel never took any notes, and it appeared that no matter what I did, their minds were made up. I was told that I did a great job, but wasn't hired because they felt that the experience I had didn't line up with what they were needing for the role.

Overall it was a great experience. The people I interviewed with were awesome, but I did feel like I was just going through the motions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in May 2012.

I had 3 interviews with 3 members of the team, each is about 15 mins for Social Analyst intern. They asked about what experience of projects you did

Interview Questions
    • Employer asked if I have some experience of data mining   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in April 2012.

Bazaarvoice's has by far the most efficient and pleasant interview to hiring pipeline I've encountered. They are extremely responsive once the interview process commenced and everyone I've spoken to remotely or in person have been very quick to provide helpful responses. From my dealings thus far with Bazaarvoice; I am very pleased to have been offered a position with this company and am looking forward to working with such a diligent team of people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions I was asked were mostly to do with my interactions with clients and project / time management.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in March 2012.

Fantastic experience; no "gotcha" questions. They use a really cool "take home" project to gauge your coding/scripting skills.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the terms so no negotiation was needed.

Market Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

I applied online and received a phone interview request to schedule a time. The phone interview was fairly casual with some general questions on experience, background, and any current knowledge I had about the company. I would say it helps to do a little bit of research behind the company so that you at least have a general idea about what they do.

A few days after the initial phone interview I received an email stating they would like to proceed with the interview process. I was notified that the process would involve a couple stages involving a 1:1 with 2-3 directors, managers, and/or team members and a presentation/role-play test. The 1:1 interviews would determine whether I would advance to the second stage.

My 1:1 interviews were 30 min with a director and 30 min with a manager. Once again, it definitely helps to be prepared. I didn't just skim over the webpage for info, I spent a good amount of time reading/studying their case papers, blog, and webinars. The more info I discovered, the more I felt Bazaarvoice would be a great fit for me. I really felt that the research paid off in not only showing my passion to work for the company, but also in giving me a little head start in getting up to speed once I got the job.

In a few days I received notification I had qualified to move on to the final round and I was scheduled to come in about a week later. I was to bring in a prepared intro letter / email to a hypothetical director or VP of a potential client company, then I would role-play a phone call with said VP, then be given a few minutes to write a follow up email on the spot. This final process was the most nerve racking part! PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE! Solid knowledge of BV services/products and industry will help you overcome objections in the role-play.

Everyone was very respectful and the overall work atmosphere on my visits seemed very cheerful and bright. The HR staff and recruiter were incredibly friendly, kept in good contact, and genuinely seemed to want to find the right fit for the job. All in all, I found the process to be challenging and exciting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me, in your own words, what Bazaarvoice does?   Answer Question

Content Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

This is a position where you are working from home so top attributes will be: independent, trustworthy, motivated and, very organized. The company is expanding worldwide and there's a big opportunity to people who speak other languages. Portuguese (for the Brazilian market), Chinese, Korean, German, French, etc. They are absolutely the best at what they do. The office mirrors the great culture of the company. easy going, fast and fun!

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question and the interview was more a confirmation of what you did before, during the interview proccess,   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary is fix for everybody. Better if you speak other languages.