Bazaarvoice

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Developer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bazaarvoice in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview request to schedule a time. The phone interview was fairly casual with some general questions on experience, background, and any current knowledge I had about the company. I would say it helps to do a little bit of research behind the company so that you at least have a general idea about what they do.

A few days after the initial phone interview I received an email stating they would like to proceed with the interview process. I was notified that the process would involve a couple stages involving a 1:1 with 2-3 directors, managers, and/or team members and a presentation/role-play test. The 1:1 interviews would determine whether I would advance to the second stage.

My 1:1 interviews were 30 min with a director and 30 min with a manager. Once again, it definitely helps to be prepared. I didn't just skim over the webpage for info, I spent a good amount of time reading/studying their case papers, blog, and webinars. The more info I discovered, the more I felt Bazaarvoice would be a great fit for me. I really felt that the research paid off in not only showing my passion to work for the company, but also in giving me a little head start in getting up to speed once I got the job.

In a few days I received notification I had qualified to move on to the final round and I was scheduled to come in about a week later. I was to bring in a prepared intro letter / email to a hypothetical director or VP of a potential client company, then I would role-play a phone call with said VP, then be given a few minutes to write a follow up email on the spot. This final process was the most nerve racking part! PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE! Solid knowledge of BV services/products and industry will help you overcome objections in the role-play.

Everyone was very respectful and the overall work atmosphere on my visits seemed very cheerful and bright. The HR staff and recruiter were incredibly friendly, kept in good contact, and genuinely seemed to want to find the right fit for the job. All in all, I found the process to be challenging and exciting.

Interview Question – Can you tell me, in your own words, what Bazaarvoice does?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bazaarvoice

Worked for Bazaarvoice? Contribute to the Community!

Bazaarvoice Videos

Bazaarvoice – Why Work for Us?

Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bazaarvoice Market Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bazaarvoice employees and interview candidates.